Official Soccer Thread | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Official Soccer Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Anybody watch the opening match of the Copa America? USA vs Colombia: 0-2; was quite nice to watch. USA seemed a bit better technically, but Colombia's tactics worked well for them, as they tended to forsake accuracy for just pushing the ball forward fast and it worked. Probably will watch Costa Rica vs Paraguay this afternoon, maybe Brazil this evening, though not entirely sure, since it is at 22h EST.

Anybody watch the opening match of the Copa America? USA vs Colombia: 0-2; was quite nice to watch. USA seemed a bit better technically, but Colombia's tactics worked well for them, as they tended to forsake accuracy for just pushing the ball forward fast and it worked. Probably will watch Costa Rica vs Paraguay this afternoon, maybe Brazil this evening, though not entirely sure, since it is at 22h EST.
Remember the USA World Cup when Columbia lost their first match the Columbian mob/cartel assassinated the player responsible for the loss.

Argentina 5 Panama 0; was quite the game, scoreline definitely does not tell the whole story, Panama was actually quite goo and played with only 10 men for a large period of the game, but then Argentina brought on Messi and Aguero :)

Is Anyone watching Euro16 ?

It kicked of yesterday in France and is the largest ever European Football (soccer) Championship with 24 teams involved.

Back to back football for two weeks :)

I'm just about to watch Wales V Slovakia then It's England V Russia

#EURO2016

The French game was appalling, the ref was in way over his head lol
Watching the build up now to my countrymen's first game of the tournament

Cymru am Byth

Just watching too, will be rooting for Wales
May I wish you and you and you countryman luck, although I will not be offering the same, or any luck on Thursday:tongue: ;)

But for now, here to a good game this evening :cheers:

Will be watching England vs Russia tonight.

Heard of all the trouble in Marseilles, newspapers like to blame the British fans, though I think local hooligans are more likely to be blamed, Russian supporters have a bad reputation as well. Though historically British supporters have been known to be rowdy, I think these last 15 years things have really settled down.

Reactions: UK-Trigg
:cheers: & Let's just hope the French police calm down a bit before Thursday

Couldn't agree more with this, their heavy handedness pair with French Ultras are stirring it up and we're taking the wrap.

Will be watching England vs Russia tonight.

Heard of all the trouble in Marseilles, newspapers like to blame the British, though I think local hooligans are more likely to be blamed, Russian supporters have a bad reputation as well. Though historically British supporters have been known to be rowdy, I think these last 15 years things have really settled down.

English :fist:;)

Reactions: anihilnation
From what I've heard from friends who've travelled is that the French police are "Kettling" the fans into a very small area and then setting up a perimeter. All it takes is a minor scuffle (inevitable in such a confined area) and then they send in a "snatch squad" of riot police. The bits they've shown on the news gives credence to this.

Is Anyone watching Euro16 ?

It kicked of yesterday in France and is the largest ever European Football (soccer) Championship with 24 teams involved.

Back to back football for two weeks :)

I'm just about to watch Wales V Slovakia then It's England V Russia

#EURO2016

EccfEbf.jpg

These have been popular t shirts this week in work. :tongue:

I obviously can't talk about the Euros.

Reactions: UK-Trigg