Official Soccer Thread | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Official Soccer Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
First game done :clap:
How skyrtel stayed on the pitch I'll never know, should have been sent off numerous times, and that's coming from a Liverpool fan

My brother in law is a happy man.

Credit where it's due, England are playing alright. Even Rooney has shown up in parts.

Reactions: UK-Trigg
Being a Scot, it's against my nature to support England but I have several bets on England doing well.

It's a tough pill to swallow. I don't know what happened to them in the second half because that's the best I've seen them play in a tournament in a long time.

Go Belgae. :peace:
They stand a good chance. Their pre tournament friendlies were not bad, I think some critics said they were not too inspired, but one rarely goes all out in a pre tournament friendly. And there is great talent there, a bunch of them play in the EPL. No Kompany, but I am glad about that, guys needs to recover big time so that he can finally have a full season for Manchester City.

Reactions: Mad Dog
They stand a good chance. Their pre tournament friendlies were not bad, I think some critics said they were not too inspired, but one rarely goes all out in a pre tournament friendly. And there is great talent there, a bunch of them play in the EPL. No Kompany, but I am glad about that, guys needs to recover big time so that he can finally have a full season for Manchester City.
Did you catch my little trivia in response to "native" Belgium? Namely, the Roman (Latin) reference to the inhabitants of the region, the Belgae. :) Yeah, Friendlies are just that. More fun than passion. But I always enjoyed to play in a Friendly more. Beer with both teams after the game, and nobody's mad.

Reactions: anihilnation
Did you catch my little trivia in response to "native" Belgium? Namely, the Roman (Latin) reference to the inhabitants of the region, the Belgae. :) Yeah, Friendlies are just that. More fun than passion. But I always enjoyed to play in a Friendly more. Beer with both teams after the game, and nobody's mad.
I did :) Caesar said they were the bravest he ever met :)

Reactions: Mad Dog
Being a Scot, it's against my nature to support England but I have several bets on England doing well.

It's a tough pill to swallow. I don't know what happened to them in the second half because that's the best I've seen them play in a tournament in a long time.
You & me both, as a fellow Celt it's hard wired into us, I have England in the pool and am still torn lol
As for what happened? I'd say Milner. He likes to hold the line too deep and this gave the Russians room to run at the English and get in behind them

Well, after last nights disappointed of only taking a point from a game we played more than well enough to win, I am feeling more optimistic than I did last night.

If you take away that late, late goal the rest was pretty good, we played some good stuff and dominated the game. If your were going to be super critical you could say we weren't ruthless enough in our finishing, but first match nerves and some great saves kept us down to just the one goal.

One things for sure, it puts different spin on Thursday's match against Wales, who must now feel they have a great chance of topping the group.

Aside from the football.....

The violence being reported is absolutely disgusting and make me sad as an Englishman. From what I can tell it is French and Russian "fans" attacking the English, there have been some horrible incidents reported both inside and outside of the stadium. The English are retaliating ,only to be hit by zero tolerance policing from the French, which includes dogs, water canon and tear gas. Horrible scenes indeed which could be repeated as Russian and English fans could clash again in Lille later in the week. I hope we see no more violence from here on in, but I'm doubtful :(

Back to the football...
3 more games today

Sunday, 12 June

14:00 GMT

upload_2016-6-12_9-53-28.png v upload_2016-6-12_9-53-28.png
Turkey Croatia

17:00 GMT

Poland Northern
Ireland

20:00 GMT