Official Soccer Thread | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Official Soccer Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm just watching Portugal. Man, I'll never 'like' Ronaldo, but that smile and that arrogance is what every top striker should have. People argue the toss over who is better between him and Messi, but whereas Messi has a team that plays around him for his strengths, Ronaldo can change a game on his own. A phenomenal player.

Agreed - was a pleasure to go and watch Ronaldo every week while he was at United - on the edge of your seat whenever he had the ball - can't say I enjoyed it when we played Madrid a few years back though :lol:

Edit - Can't believe he missed that pen :faint:

Last edited:
ICELAND LAST MINUTE GOAL!!!!

Wow - so close to England playing Portugal! Surely we can beat Iceland - unless it goes to penalties of course... :lol:

Also the Portugal vs Hungary game was fantastic - just what the competition needed!

And Belgium is through! Was a nice game (vs Sweden), they still need to attack a little better though, perhaps they lack some creativity. Ireland through as well, and Northern Ireland.

Last night I saw the first half of USA vs Argentina, the latter was on a roll, two goals in the first half (match ended 0-4), really beautiful playing by Argentina,

Wow, even when we play badly we can sneak a win. Well done Northern Ireland you played out of your skins. One world class cross was the difference between the 2 teams. I feel really sorry for Gareth McCauley. He had no option but to go for the ball and it ended up in the net.

Reactions: anihilnation
Wow, even when we play badly we can sneak a win. Well done Northern Ireland you played out of your skins. One world class cross was the difference between the 2 teams. I feel really sorry for Gareth McCauley. He had no option but to go for the ball and it ended up in the net.
Didn't watch it but congrats. Saving all my nervous energy for Belgium tomorrow and the Copa America final.

If Belgium win then we have them in the quarter finals.
It was a poor game TBH. Ireland had at least 3 men on bale every time he went near the ball.
Ashley Williams was a legend, terrible collision with Johnny Williams and it looks like he's dislocated his shoulder. He carried on and was shouting "I'm fine" when they tried to substitute him, even though he couldn't move his left arm lol

If Belgium win then we have them in the quarter finals.
It was a poor game TBH. Ireland had at least 3 men on bale every time he went near the ball.
Ashley Williams was a legend, terrible collision with Johnny Williams and it looks like he's dislocated his shoulder. He carried on and was shouting "I'm fine" when they tried to substitute him, even though he couldn't move his left arm lol
We'll be fighting one another soon :)

Lol, don't worry, fight was figurative :)
Think it will be a great game. Loved Belgium vs Hungary, I was a little worried in the 2nd half as Belgium started looking a little shaky trying to cope with Hungary attacking more aggressive, but luckily the managed to keep composure.

In Copa America, Chile beat Argentina on penalties, I feel bad for Argentina, they were amazing all throughout, but well, that is the nature of the game. Chile was great as well. People complained of the referee in the first half as he made some decisions that were too harsh, but then, the game was very fast and I think it was a very hard game to call.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Think it will be a great game. Loved Belgium vs Hungary, I was a little worried in the 2nd half as Belgium started looking a little shaky trying to cope with Hungary attacking more aggressive, but luckily the managed to keep composure.

In Copa America, Chile beat Argentina on penalties, I feel bad for Argentina, they were amazing all throughout, but well, that is the nature of the game. Chile was great as well. People complained of the referee in the first half as he made some decisions that were too harsh, but then, the game was very fast and I think it was a very hard game to call.
Yes,I knew that. :)

Belgium tore them apart in the end.
Quality came through
You gave hungary too much space in the beginning but late on as you made changes you came good. Eden Hazard was incredible