"Old School" Universal Orlando | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

"Old School" Universal Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am trying to remember the time frame, but we went to USF first opened and you got a free ticket because Kong, Jaws, and Earthquake weren't working yet. Does anyone know when that was? Was it like opening week? I remember BTTF wasn't open yet and really the only major attractions open were ET and Nick Studios.

Last edited:
I am trying to remember the time frame, but we went to USF first opened and you got a free ticket because Kong, Jaws, and Earthquake weren't working yet. Does anyone know when that was? Was it like opening week? I remember BTTF wasn't open yet and really the only major attractions open were ET and Nick Studios.

Had to be. That's pretty cool that you've seen the park since the beginning!

It was within the first 90 days the park opened

Thanks y'all. Someone asked me the other day when the first time I went to USF was. I said it was pretty close to when it opened but I couldn't remember the exact time frame. I just remembered that it was nothing to wait in line for a hour for any of the rides. I actually think ET was a two hour wait and I just remembered being amazed that it said your name at the end of the ride. I was like 12 when we went and I am pretty sure college killed most of those brain cells.

I remember going when it first opened, or actually I think a few days prior, as my mother was working at Lombard's Landing restaurant. I distinctly remember going on most of the open attractions......E.T. blew my mind at the time.

Here are some of my universal pictures I took throughout my life

2006 Trip I was going to Back to the Future before it closed.
universal2_zps4bfa31b6.jpg
[/IMG]
universal_zps3e45f1f5.jpg
[/IMG]

universal3_zps5292dfb3.jpg

universal6_zpsd67e08a7.jpg

universal5_zpse540bde3.jpg

universal4_zps86d7f595.jpg

universal10_zps2e66a3a2.jpg

universal7_zps53bd08e0.jpg

universal8_zpsca924eb3.jpg

universal9_zpsd2a6e39d.jpg

1997 My first trip to Halloween Horror Nights
universal11_zpsf31325b5.jpg

1994 My first journey to Universal
universal18_zps56c6070b.jpg

universal12_zpsfd897f3b.jpg

universal20_zps39e2478f.jpg
(My lucky brother)
universal13_zps7e92196b.jpg

universal17_zpsd6db47ed.jpg

universal14_zps37e865f8.jpg

universal16_zpsbad37c6b.jpg

universal19_zpsfd3c31d0.jpg

Reactions: Andy and BJCool
Love the pics koolaidbrainz! Thanks for sharing them! :thumbs:

I did get to see Back To The Future before it closed, but I never got to see Hitchcock, the Bates Motel, Ghostbusters, Nickelodeon, and others... :(

PS: :welcome: to OU!

I remember going to USF in 2001, but I only remember Nick Studios and Hanna-Barbera. I wouldn't go back until 2008. :'( I would do anything to go on Kong and Back to the Future today.

I never did get on Kong (long lines and being a kid just didn't want to get on it.) I have very fond memories of Back to the Future though..it was my favorite ride ever as a kid. I vaguely remember Hitchcock. I do remember HB and Nick Studios (I'm pretty sure they had video games there too. Remember playing Sonic 2 in line for some reason...and seeing people play games in the studio though that was some Marvin the Martian game.) I miss that park/my childhood but it is a mostly better park today. Heck before I went back in 2010 the last time I was there as a kid I remember a giant hourglass counting down to the opening of Islands of Adventure! I love this thread.

I never did get on Kong (long lines and being a kid just didn't want to get on it.) I have very fond memories of Back to the Future though..it was my favorite ride ever as a kid. I vaguely remember Hitchcock. I do remember HB and Nick Studios (I'm pretty sure they had video games there too. Remember playing Sonic 2 in line for some reason...and seeing people play games in the studio though that was some Marvin the Martian game.) I miss that park/my childhood but it is a mostly better park today. Heck before I went back in 2010 the last time I was there as a kid I remember a giant hourglass counting down to the opening of Islands of Adventure! I love this thread.

I love Universal today, but if only time travel existed......

I have that brochure!! :D in near perfect condition

I loved that brochure. I don't think I have it anymore :down: I found an old map though (which I think there's a poor picture of somewhere in this thread) but not the brochure. :fist:

Last edited:
well isnt the simpsons ride film itself pretty much back to the futures same story line in a different setting? I dont think they could have possibly paid any more homage than they did. I dont remember BTTF having very much theming to it to save for a tribute