Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 214 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't mind me asking, who might that be?
Get real. If I told you his name he wouldn't tell me anything else. :lol:Suffice it to say this is not an individual that deals in theme park rumors. He only deals with actual factual info.:) Look, I'm one of the few around that are actually looking forward to Avatar & think it will be a good addition to AK . But I certainly don't buy into the idea that it's going to be a HP type income generator, or that it will ever pay off it's unprecedented astronomical costs.:)

Last edited:
Get real. If I told you his name he wouldn't tell me anything else. :lol:Suffice it to say this is not an individual that deals in theme park rumors. He only deals with actual factual info.:) Look, I'm one of the few around that are actually looking forward to Avatar & think it will be a good addition to AK . But I certainly don't buy into the idea that it's going to be a HP type income generator, or that it will ever pay off it's unprecedented astronomical costs.:)
im trying to figure out who said it would be like HP in terms of generating revenue. i hear this all the time but never see anyone claiming this will happen

Reactions: Nick
Also, consider this, if Animal Kingdom sees a 2.5 million jump in attendance, and the average guest currently spends about $350 each day at WDW, all other factors equal, that would increase Animal Kingdom's revenue by $875 million/year, with P&R operating cost at roughly 75% of revenue, a Cars Land level jump would mean they would recoup the investment cost in about 5 years.

So my family of 4 will spend $1400/day at WDW?
:saywhat:

Rather than respond to your straw man argument, I'll just wish you a good day my friend :)
As I will you! Have a good day. :)
So my family of 4 will spend $1400/day at WDW?
:saywhat:
After looking further, the actual figure is closer to $200, so $800/day for a family of 4.

Fixed idiotic math error.
Sigh.

Also remember guys that attendance numbers from TEA are hilariously inaccurate.
But their Uni numbers are right on the mark. ;)

Last edited:
After looking further, the actual figure is closer to $200, so $1000/day for a family of 4

Genuine question, where is your source to come up with that figure? I don't know anyone that has ever spent that in a park on a single day. Let alone for that to be the mean guest spend.

Also, $200 X family of 4 = $800. Not $1000.

My point still stands.

Reactions: Joel
Sigh.

Also remember guys that attendance numbers from TEA are hilariously inaccurate.
Yet people still quote TEA for Universal. I've seen it quite a few times on here in the past week. The only time anyone wants to bring up how the numbers are off is when talking about Disney.

Sure, their numbers for WDW may be out of whack, but so are the ones for Uni (and on the low end, too).

Genuine question, where is your source to come up with that figure? I don't know anyone that has ever spent that in a park on a single day. Let alone for that to be the mean guest spend.

My point still stands.
I think disney does release per person spending but i could be wrong about that.
between food, merch, tickets, hotel you could easily get 200.00 per person per day

EDIT: when you think about it its easily 200.00 per day

Last edited:
Where are you looking? Other than your backside, of course.

Even with your over-exagerated numbers- thats 8.75 years now.
I got the $350 from a study of group/day spending at WDW, my fault, and a completely false statement.

The $200 lines up with WDW revenue/attendance, as well as a number of other figures including tickets+food+parking+accomodation+merchandise averages. Therefore, I'm pretty confident that $200 is very much in range.

My point still stands.

A 7 day stay at coronado in June with passes and a dining plan for 4 is about $5400. Thats about $200 a day per person not counting merch or anything else. Just because hotels aren' t in park doesn't mean it doesn't count towards WDW revenue.

Reactions: twebber55
I think disney does release per person spending but i could be wrong about that.
between food, merch, tickets, hotel you could easily get 200.00 per person per day
They release average spending for those staying on-site, which is slightly skewed since many of those (especially at Deluxe resorts) are willing to spend more anyway.

Reactions: Mad Dog
A 7 day stay at coronado in June with passes and a dining plan for 4 is about $5400. Thats about $200 a day per person not counting merch or anything else. Just because hotels aren' t in park doesn't mean it doesn't count towards WDW revenue.

Except that isn't his argument. The argument is that daily spending will be increased $200/person to "pay for" Pandora. Even at $200 additional spending a day- and using his rabbit out of the hat 2.5M attendance increase (while subsequently not decreasing any of the other parks)- that's 8.75 years.

Could the average guest spend $200/day including food, hotel, merch, tickets? No argument here. Will the average guest spend an additional $200/guest on Pandora food and merch? Absolutely not.

Pandora is not a money generator- it is a park attendance distributor. We'll be dead before Pandora turns a "profit", if monetary gain is the only measuring tool.

Last edited:
I got the $350 from a study of group/day spending at WDW, my fault, and a completely false statement.

The $200 lines up with WDW revenue/attendance, as well as a number of other figures including tickets+food+parking+accomodation+merchandise averages. Therefore, I'm pretty confident that $200 is very much in range.
Multi day tickets & AP's & CM's & off site guests bring those average numbers down significantly. On site guests are the big revenue generators and there's only so much room to expand those numbers since WDW is usually close to theoretical capacity with on site rooms. Even with that, a family of four is only paying once for a room, not four times.

Except that isn't his argument. The argument is that daily spending will be increased $200/person to "pay for" Pandora. Even at $200 additional spending a day- that's 8.75 years.

Does the average guest spend $200/day including food, hotel, merch, tickets? No argument here. Will the average guest spend an additional $200/guest on Pandora food and merch? Absolutely not.

Pandora is not a money generator- it is a park attendance distributor. We'll be dead before Pandora turns a "profit", if monetary gain is the only measuring tool.

The person I replied to doesn't say anything like that. I didn't say anything about Avatar or how long it would take to pay back. I responded to him saying he doesn't know anyone spending $200 a day per person.

Are you confusing their argument for yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.