Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 224 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because sometimes nature does it better?

Yes, yes it does.

20150421060649403.jpg

The new glass bridge
GTY_China_Glass_Bridge_hb_160613_4x3_992.jpg

china-glass-bridge.jpg

There's around 4 nature spots I want to make on a trip to China, Zhangjiajie is one, it's a bit out of the way, but I'm going to hit it up in this trip segment, Chengdu to Chongging, Yangtze Cruise to Yichang, Side trip to Zhangjiajie, Changsha, Huangshan (Yellow Mountains), Shanghai area. Around 2020 to 2021 if all goes as planned, one month total in Asia. One week Japan, Two weeks China, one week other .

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue and Disneyhead
^ I wouldn't trust that bridge as far as I could throw it. On the other hand, the bridges in this country are probably far less safe these days.
I surprise myself when I say this knowing where the bridge is located, but I would trust that bridge because I know that it was designed by an Israeli architectural firm. On top of this, it seems like Chinese authorities are concerned about overloading the structure of the bridge compared to what it's supposed to hold; they recently closed the bridge due to overwhelming popularity.

"He added that the capacity of the glass bridge was limited to 8,000 visitors per day, but total demand was ten times as much.
The famous bridge also brought renewed interest to other scenic spots in the area.
When asked if the bridge was cracked or broken, the spokesperson said "there was no problem." He also confirmed there have been no accidents."

source: China's record-breaking glass bridge closes - CNN.com

I agree additional capacity is required but the park would be massively helped by refreshing the shows.

Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Indy have been at the park over 20 years. That's ridiculous. How many people are skipping these because they've seen them so many times?

tumblr_nep53lQAfI1s55rl4o4_500.gif

Reactions: UAN17
I surprise myself when I say this knowing where the bridge is located, but I would trust that bridge because I know that it was designed by an Israeli architectural firm.

Yeah, I was pretty much confirming that I am a sissy and that as I have gotten older, my vertigo is off the charts. When I was in my twenties, I could skip down the face of a cliff with impunity... and did. ;)

Reactions: Joel and Cheezbat
I surprise myself when I say this knowing where the bridge is located, but I would trust that bridge because I know that it was designed by an Israeli architectural firm. On top of this, it seems like Chinese authorities are concerned about overloading the structure of the bridge compared to what it's supposed to hold; they recently closed the bridge due to overwhelming popularity.

"He added that the capacity of the glass bridge was limited to 8,000 visitors per day, but total demand was ten times as much.
The famous bridge also brought renewed interest to other scenic spots in the area.
When asked if the bridge was cracked or broken, the spokesperson said "there was no problem." He also confirmed there have been no accidents."

source: China's record-breaking glass bridge closes - CNN.com
Demand of 80,000 visitors/day? I find that hard to believe, no matter how cool the bridge may be.

Reactions: Mad Dog
QUOTE="ET_The_Alien, post: 499120, member: 8120"]Goodness, maybe you need your eyes checked but the illusion to me seems very flawless...
pandora_09062016-1-jpg.159743

3huK2Zb.jpg
[/QUOTE]
You're just looking at the top. The whole structure looks like one big rock arch with one rock tumor growing off on one side.

And when "something goes terribly wrong", it "Really" goes terribly wrong. :lol:

"Yes but when "Pirates of the Caribbean" breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists!!"

Personally, while adrenaline rushes can be found on amusement rides, nothing can touch nature's design work. The mountains really do look like mountains, the animatronics are flawless, and nature goes on running even in the rain.

Just guessing by the look of those pins the "Mo'ara Valley" will be the name for the general area. Also guessing the floating(ish) rock archway is the 'Mo'ara mountain range'.

I'm intrigued by the 'Pandora Cavern Tours' pin - my feeling is that it's the all-day bioluminescent attraction they alluded to in an earlier video. Where your footprints will glow, tactile sensors will allow the plant life to light up and respond. A dark, enclosed walkthrough attraction similar to the idea behind Knockturn Alley at Universal.

Attachments

• pandora.png
    pandora.png
    567.3 KB · Views: 2
Just guessing by the look of those pins the "Mo'ara Valley" will be the name for the general area. Also guessing the floating(ish) rock archway is the 'Mo'ara mountain range'.

I'm intrigued by the 'Pandora Cavern Tours' pin - my feeling is that it's the all-day bioluminescent attraction they alluded to in an earlier video. Where your footprints will glow, tactile sensors will allow the plant life to light up and respond. A dark, enclosed walkthrough attraction similar to the idea behind Knockturn Alley at Universal.

Maybe they will have caves to tour like Shanghai Disneyland has around its Roaring Rapids ride.

Side Note: They call the Pooh ride in Shanghai "Hunny Pot Spin". That reminds me of "The Interview" where a honeypot was using sex to gain secrets in the spy arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.