Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 226 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently they learned the lesson of the Yeti...I can't quite explain it because I don't quite understand the context, but apparently there is a show scene that will be amazing and it is amazingly complicated to maintain. From the sound of it they have a system to pull the scene backstage quickly and have replacements of all the elements on hand ready to install when needed. No disco animatronics if something stops working...
I would imagine this lesson also came from the Seven Dwarves Mine Train. I have heard the ride closes if any of the dwarf AA are not working properly, especially the face projections.

One shot of the progress inside the River Adventure, that's all I'm waiting for!!!
I assume we'll get a lot of information on this at the Destination D event at WDW in a few weeks. James Cameron, Joe Rhode, and many involved in the Pandora project are scheduled to be on-hand.

Reactions: Porkchop
^ yeah, just compare them to the cars around them. Concept art only shows two rows, but this looks small even for that. Any reason they'd assemble the canoes on site and this would be just the seating area that drops into the canoe shell?

So I was at the Wine & Dine Half Marathon this past Sunday and we ran through Animal Kingdom before open which was really cool.

I was excited to get my first look at these mountains. However running in a crowd made it a bit tough.

I may have flat tired a few people as I was looking up at the mountains through the trees rather than where I was running., oops.

But from what I could see they look awesome. Wish I was able to get a better look.

Status
Not open for further replies.