Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 399 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved seeing the millipede walking across the log near the beginning. Great use of projection mapping.

It's also interesting to see the cannon lore and mythology before WDI got ahold of it. The plant at the front of the land is supposed absorb toxic chemicals and then occasionally erupt them out - not make human friendly air.

The things that look like pink floating jellyfish in the River ride are only supposed to get up to 30 centimeters in size.

The hammock bed things are meant to be very important items with long lifespans that are burned ceremonially when no longer used as a way of refreshing and rejuvenation - certainly not hung in a cafeteria as artwork.

And much of the woven bits that seem to makes fan-plumes are that way because they're actually giant looms used to make other items - like tapestry, the hammocks, etc...

Reactions: Alicia
It's also interesting to see the cannon lore and mythology before WDI got ahold of it. The plant at the front of the land is supposed absorb toxic chemicals and then occasionally erupt them out - not make human friendly air.

The things that look like pink floating jellyfish in the River ride are only supposed to get up to 30 centimeters in size.

The hammock bed things are meant to be very important items with long lifespans that are burned ceremonially when no longer used as a way of refreshing and rejuvenation - certainly not hung in a cafeteria as artwork.

And much of the woven bits that seem to makes fan-plumes are that way because they're actually giant looms used to make other items - like tapestry, the hammocks, etc...
Well, yeah. Now that Disney is involved the extended universe doesn't exist.

VB thread #412 pages. Pandora #399. Will be interesting to see which has the most pages (discussion) by their respective opening day.

^I mean I don't think there's a comparison considering this thread started 6 years ago as opposed to 2 for Volcano Bay. However this is a Universal based discussion board so that's to be expected.

So I'm getting lost in the discussion, how many theaters in FOP currently running? Have friends going in a few days.

Reactions: Coasted
So I'm getting lost in the discussion, how many theaters in FOP currently running? Have friends going in a few days.

Might be all of them. While I was waiting to load I saw B and C loading and I ended up in D. While I didn't see A load myself I know people rode in A the day before.

great impressions guys. Glad this isn't just a more intense version of Soarin. Sounds like they really nailed the motion simulator.

Reactions: Jones14
Bio posted detail pics yesterday on Twitter. Mercy they pushed the detail to Diagon levels on this thing... I would surmise that it probably cost a whole lot more being that it was created by Disney and Imagineering. ;)

Things that caught my eye:

Reactions: jtsalien
great impressions guys. Glad this isn't just a more intense version of Soarin. Sounds like they really nailed the motion simulator.
To me it was a very fun, very beautiful, very intense version of Soarin'. It's a great ride, but aside from the seating arrangement, the ride portion is very similar to Soarin' but way better.

The screen resolution felt four times as high to me. Probably just from the source film they're using. Like the animals running in Africa scene in Soarin Around the World could've been just the bottom-left quadrant of the screen in a scene from FoP and there would still be 3/4 more things to look at one screen in higher resolution than the entire Soarin version. Every moment was dense with detail.

If Soarin is real life. FoP is hyper-reality.

Len Testa just did his Pandora review on the Touring Plans blog. Overall he gives the land fairly high marks. On immersiveness he says people oriented to nature will think it as much or more immersive than Diagon, but those that aren't nature oriented or are HP oriented will probably think Diagon is more immersive. He gives the River ride a 3 1/2 out of 5 stars rating. Flight of Passage he gives a 4 or 4 1/2 out of 5 rating. He says the sight line experience is a bit different on FOP depending what seat you're in. Some seats you can see others, but some you can't. He said he hasn't heard any motion sickness complaints to this point, but said some complaints are on the difficulty of seating.....Pretty complete review overall and he does think the land is quite beautiful with really great lines of sight within the land.

It's been mentioned before, but I need to reiterate. Arrive early for your preview this week. I walked up at 10:50 for a noon preview and the line was already pretty sizeable. They started letting people into the land and scanning bands slightly before 11. But it doesn't appear anyone has actually been released into the land.

Reactions: Alicia
I saw that, but he stated they had better beers at the Nomad? That's Lager city. Was hoping to get something at least slightly hoppy on premises.

Status
Not open for further replies.