Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What quinnmac said - the cool thing about the wizarding world is the ability to insert yourself in an existing story while it continues to live and breathe around you. Pandora's lore is much less based upon existing lore and more handcrafted, though there is a lot of reference given to the existing movie.
To wrap it up - the Wizarding World essentially let's you define the experience for yourself, but that experience is kept within an existing canon. The difference at Pandora is the fact that it's canon is very far removed from it's initial source material (though both attractions are mostly based upon that film).

Last edited:
as Joe Rohde has stated many times DAK is a first person park, the experience is yours. You dont ride a ride to see a retelling of a story like you do in Fantasyland. Both Pandora and DA work in their own setting. Pandora presents to you an environment to explore similarly to Asia and Africa. DAK is much more environment driven not character driven

as Joe Rohde has stated many times DAK is a first person park, the experience is yours. You dont ride a ride to see a retelling of a story like you do in Fantasyland. Both Pandora and DA work in their own setting. Pandora presents to you an environment to explore similarly to Asia and Africa. DAK is much more environment driven not character driven
I get that. I just wish there were more things to do and explore in the land portion. They have the plant you..... rub...... to make it squirt and the drum circle. Did I miss anything else?

In DA there's something to do and discover around every corner, nook, and cranny. I know some people are blown away with scenic details but for me I need more than rocks, plants and waterfalls. I felt like the land outside could have used some more interactive elements like the standby line of FOP, which was amazing.

I get that. I just wish there were more things to do and explore in the land portion. They have the plant you..... rub...... to make it squirt and the drum circle. Did I miss anything else?

In DA there's something to do and discover around every corner, nook, and cranny. I know some people are blown away with scenic details but for me I need more than rocks, plants and waterfalls. I felt like the land outside could have used some more interactive elements like the standby line of FOP, which was amazing.
great points
im not saying i disagree with you but ill give my final opinion when im down there in 2 weeks to see what is all offered and of course the nighttime stuff
im not a shopper so buying merch isnt really my thing in DA
i save my money for food LOL

I heard there were some soft openings last night, briefly. Any word on more soft openings this week? Are they still doing AP previews during the days?

I saw on Twitter the walls are down, with Cast Members standing out front. That's a good sign. Walls are down at the Africa back entrance too, but it's assumed that will be used for Pandora exit only for a little while so they can do crowd level control.

I heard there were some soft openings last night, briefly. Any word on more soft openings this week? Are they still doing AP previews during the days?

I saw on Twitter the walls are down, with Cast Members standing out front. That's a good sign. Walls are down at the Africa back entrance too, but it's assumed that will be used for Pandora exit only for a little while so they can do crowd level control.
I dunno, but people are waking around with Pandora magic bands.

I'm guessing they're press?

Zoe Saldana is there.

Actress Zoe Saldana Visits Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom | Disney Parks Blog

sdjnf81031.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.