Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 412 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait...what? So this was the dedication of the new land, and they are still not open to the GP? What's the point? Why would anyone go to see this if they still can't access the land yet?

It was only for the media. Grand Opening is on Saturday.
This dedication has a huge chunk of the land blocked off so it's not like Kong where they can just open afterwards the same day. I can understand why they do the ceremonious stuff now, and then just open on Saturday for guests.

Timing yes. Clearly to mess with UOR. The theme park wars rage on!

Reactions: Joel
This dedication has a huge chunk of the land blocked off so it's not like Kong where they can just open afterwards the same day. I can understand why they do the ceremonious stuff now, and then just open on Saturday for guests.

Timing yes. Clearly to mess with UOR. The theme park wars rage on!
Nothing like healthy competition! My favorite shot so far has been the Universal commercial about girls having bigger dreams than being princesses.. loved that

Reactions: Mad Dog and Alicia
I saw on Twitter the walls are down, with Cast Members standing out front. That's a good sign. Walls are down at the Africa back entrance too, but it's assumed that will be used for Pandora exit only for a little while so they can do crowd level control.

Is that near where the bathrooms are? I've only been to DAK a couple times and wondered why they had that pathway blocked off. Seemed like a waste.

Seems more about wheelchair transfer practice than body dimension tests. Not seeing the leg guards/walls on sides needed to see if larger calves fit well. This may not solve that issue.

Agreed. Could be a problem. Even I had to shimmy a bit to get the restraints to lock, and I don't considered myself to be too large. The leg dimensions are just a bit awkward. I'm concerned about some members of my family.

Reactions: Alicia
Wish there were real Navi people. Would have been cool if an Avatar was orchestrating them and even playing along.
Well yea, but to make a convincing 10-foot tall humanoid character in broad daylight might be difficult. I'm sure they pitched costumes with stilts to Cameron, (like Transformers at USF) but were probably turned down. Maybe one day they'll have an AA figure that comes up from the center for showtimes. Maybe one day.

Well yea, but to make a convincing 10-foot tall humanoid character in broad daylight might be difficult. I'm sure they pitched costumes with stilts to Cameron, (like Transformers at USF) but were probably turned down. Maybe one day they'll have an AA figure that comes up from the center for showtimes. Maybe one day.

For example, they could have had the top drummer be an Avatar and have someone right beside him, but about 3 feet lower but on "the same level". Giving the illusion that the Avatar is much taller. Or what about casting someone who is like 6 foot 4. Like you said, maybe one day.

3bcfc10fda236c756854fba093e29739.jpg

We rarely agree but i was literally about to say the same thing. I see SJWs which I can be at time yelling cultural appropriation even though Pandora isn't real.

People are going to expect to meet or at least see a "real" one in Pandora. The land just doesn't feel complete without that experience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.