Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I didn´t read ALL of the replies properly, I´m afraid...
BUT:

Am I the only one thinking like THIS:?

I think that it is great news for all of us (Disneynuts, Unifreaks or those who like BOTH, like me!).
Disney needed a NEW area, ride or simply SOMETHING... Everyone was complaining about FLE as being bad, Star Tours as only being a refurb and so on...

NOW, they come with a whole new land. That sounds exciting! There is a lot of potential. They can do many rides, restaurants or shops.
It´s an Avatar Land. Well, I didn´t watch the movie (yet) but do I think this is important?? NO!

Because I think it really doesn´t matter if they do an Avatar land, an Ariel Area, a Pirate Cove or WHATEVER... I bet Disney will do a great job whatever they create.
Now it is Avatar... Does the movie has to be great? good? poor? Why? If the LAND is built awesome, we all will love it. I don´t care if the movie (or movieS) will be loved for ages. As long as the Land is good (with great attractions) I wouldn´t even care if they scrub the 2nd and 3rd film due to lack of interests.

What I (with my bad english) try to say is, that I don´t really think it is important to have a film (or character) that is successful over one or two decades. You simply have to plan accordingly and do your homework with the land and all is good!

Bring us attractions (a Manta like Coaster, a ride like Forbidden Journey, and something more) and noone will care . Don´t you think??

Is it really important WHICH land it is?

I don´t even know the film the Tower of Terror is based on... I never watched the Mumie, I don´t know anything from Seuss and neither did I watch the Pirates of the carribean. Do I like the attractions? YES! :p

I think we all wait until we see some plans. I guess THAT is the main factor, not the theming itself. You can do a great Land with whatever theming you choose :hail:

Last edited:
You mean we actually might now get a full-day crowd on Dinosaur? :lol:

I think this, if executed properly, will be an absolutely stunning addition to the park. One thing I am puzzled about though, is where it'll be. Unless they take out Rafiki's Planet Watch, I can't find any room for it. The left side of Discovery Island is filled with essential backstage roads and buildings.

I could be wrong, but from what I've heard, it might be replacing Camp Minnie-Mickey. The area was always intended as a temporary land, and it was the original plot for Beastly Kingdom. It makes some sense at least, since Pandora is a solution to Beastly Kingdom. The only issue is what would happen to Festival of the Lion King. It's one of Disney's most popular shows, so it will probably be relocated. It'd be nice if they built a nice amphitheater in Africa for the show.

All speculation at this point, of course.

Camp Minnie Mickey makes a lot of sence because this is the area where BK should be. But, as you said, I do hope that the Lion King will get a new place. It´s the best show and even Nemo is nothing compared to it.
I would prefer to demolish the Dinorama section but on the other hand you will have to use the Dinosaur ride somehow then. It is too good to be closed for good.

Camp Minnie Mickey makes a lot of sence because this is the area where BK should be. But, as you said, I do hope that the Lion King will get a new place. It´s the best show and even Nemo is nothing compared to it.
I would prefer to demolish the Dinorama section but on the other hand you will have to use the Dinosaur ride somehow then. It is too good to be closed for good.

There's plenty of room for expansion. No reason to demolish anything.

I could be wrong, but from what I've heard, it might be replacing Camp Minnie-Mickey. The area was always intended as a temporary land, and it was the original plot for Beastly Kingdom. It makes some sense at least, since Pandora is a solution to Beastly Kingdom. The only issue is what would happen to Festival of the Lion King. It's one of Disney's most popular shows, so it will probably be relocated. It'd be nice if they built a nice amphitheater in Africa for the show.

All speculation at this point, of course.

I'm all for them moving Lion King to the Bradley Falls area behind Tamu. I belongs in Africa anyway so moving it there makes the most sense to me.

Too bad they're gonna have to remove Pocahontas from AK so people don't think it's a Pocahontas land.

The human goes native story arc has been been used in so many story arc, that comparing the film to just Pocahontas just shows your ignorance.

Clearly the next few films will feature other classic fables that take place in Pandora, it's completely the entire point of the film. It's about another world being similar to our own. You need to read more

The human goes native story arc has been been used in so many story arc, that comparing the film to just Pocahontas just shows your ignorance.

Clearly the next few films will feature other classic fables that take place in Pandora, it's completely the entire point of the film. It's about another world being similar to our own. You need to read more

Oh God, guys, lets not start fighting over Avatar yet again. Calling other people ignorant and telling them to "read more" doesn't make you sound that intelligent either.

IT'S JUST A MOVIE, PEOPLE!!! A movie featuring huge CGI blue aliens that resemble cats. SRZ BIZNESS? Not really. Chillax a little.

I hope they use a lot of neat animatronics in the Avatar section. The Na'vi are so freakishly big that it would be awesome...

:drool5: Yes. Please.

Disney has really proven of late how much of a threat they really are when it comes to AAs. The Little Mermaid, while not the best ride, exhibited some amazing animatronics (Dole Whip Ariel excluded :lol:). And at $500 million (as of right now, anyway) I can see a state-of-the-art dark ride with some mind-blowing AAs. Of course, Disney is yet to show any interest in making a ride up to par with Spiderman and Forbidden Journey, but they've stepping up their game lately and have been showing initiative. Just signing this deal is taking initiative.

Last edited:
:droll5: Yes. Please.

Disney has really proven of late how much of a threat they really are when it comes to AAs. The Little Mermaid, while not the best ride, exhibited some amazing animatronics (Dole Whip Ariel excluded :lol:). And at $500 million (as of right now, anyway) I can see a state-of-the-art dark ride with some mind-blowing AAs. Of course, Disney is yet to show any interest in making a ride up to par with Spiderman and Forbidden Journey, but they've stepping up their game lately and showing initiative. Just this deal is iniatiative.

I agree. And there's just something neat - although borderline creepy - about good old fashioned animatronics. Given the fact that Pandora looks mind-blowingly awesome at night, I've got my fingers crossed for a dark ride. They can't NOT do a dark ride!

I agree. And there's just something neat - although borderline creepy - about good old fashioned animatronics. Given the fact that Pandora looks mind-blowingly awesome at night, I've got my fingers crossed for a dark ride. They can't NOT do a dark ride!

As long as it's not another omnimover I'll be pleased. As. Punch. :lol:

But yeah, I really hope they create a brand spankin' new ride system. I wouldn't even mind it just being a simulator as long as it's new and innovative. Those choppers would make a pretty reasonable ride vehicle, me thinks.

--- Update ---

For instance, take the tech from King Kong 3-D, shrink it down, put one of those choppers from the movie in the room, and bam! A 360 degree 3-D fully simulated flight experience around Pandora.

Last edited:
Yeah, bring up Avatar and everyone instantly becomes a film expert.
tumblr_le48isvcmO1qa90rjo1_500.gif

Some of the comments in that article are just so annoying. I think the environment is gonna be one of a kind, and is gonna be truly unique and AWESOME! Could compete with potter.

Status
Not open for further replies.