Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
as much as i have a hatred for avatar( i think its a boring film storyline that has been done multiple times, has nothing of interest except the fxs and in all honestly if it wasn't made by cameron it wouldn't be near as big) i'm glad its going to animal kingdom, it will help one of the lower tear parks. animal kingdom has some great attractions but is mostly ignored as a big zoo

plus it means universal wont grab the license and take away more of there classics

According to @TheBestMagic on Twitter, Starlight Entertainment (the production Studio where Avatar was made) will "finance and upkeep each avatarland, including expansions". Also from this guy, supposedly, this Starlight Entertainment company was named one of the most innovative companies of 2010. Just thought that was interesting.

So assuming the main attraction is indoors, I'm betting the tree of souls will be in the queue, rather than outside where it would have to brave the weather (not to mention it would only look cool at night and Animal kingdom is a day park).

So assuming the main attraction is indoors, I'm betting the tree of souls will be in the queue, rather than outside where it would have to brave the weather (not to mention it would only look cool at night and Animal kingdom is a day park).

I wouldn't waste the Tree of Souls in the queue, I would either put it as a show-stopping stunning image on the ride or make a walkthrough "night" trail that leads to it.

Lion King will be moved, Camp Minnie-Mickey to be demolished, according to rumors.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_animal_kingdom.htm

images

--- Update ---

Actually, I'm pretty okay with this. But I'm still annoyed.

What's Camp Minnie-Mickey? :lol:

But seriously, I honestly don't really remember what the land is, but I'm glad it's going. It's a temporary land that lasted for over ten years. Why the Festival of the Lion King was even there in the first place is beyond me. Anyway, Hooray for avatar!

What's Camp Minnie-Mickey? :lol:

But seriously, I honestly don't really remember what the land is, but I'm glad it's going. It's a temporary land that lasted for over ten years. Why the Festival of the Lion King was even there in the first place is beyond me. Anyway, Hooray for avatar!

Now i want to remember.. you could meet the Disney characters, Festival of the Lion King, Chip ‘n’ Dale’s Cookie Cabin, Forest Trail Funnel Cakes, “Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends” at Grandmother Willow’s Grove...

Off Topic: I miss Tarzan Rocks!

*Shudders*

No....just no. Rohde is a decent Imagineer. But no.

We all have our opinions but I feel he is one of the more "authenic" imagineers. Also I say if you get to design your own park then yeah you must be pretty good :lol:

We all have our opinions but I feel he is one of the more "authenic" imagineers. Also I say if you get to design your own park then yeah you must be pretty good :lol:

Exactly :lol:. And it's not like I said he created the modern day theme park. Disneyland was Walt's baby, AK is Rohde's baby. I don't mean Rohde is one of the greatest creative minds of all time :lol:

Rohde far from "designed his own park". I like him, but he gets far too much credit for the end results of projects he leads.

That's a reasonable opinion. But that's still much deeper than I meant. What I meant was that, more than anyone else, he knows the ins and outs of the park. Much like Walt did with Disneyland. It's his obsession.

Rohde far from "designed his own park". I like him, but he gets far too much credit for the end results of projects he leads.

Yeah I was being a little sarcastic there, and there were some amazing imagineers on the AK project many of which have moved on. But Rohde was a key player in the parks development and I applaud him and his team for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.