Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 111 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if posted but I read on Orlando informer that Avatar will be opening in phases so the first phase in 2017, unknown what will open at the moment. I just can't see the public being all that interested in Avatar when the time comes, I'm sure the sequel will sell tickets but leave a foul taste in the mouth of the public. Regardless of the tech on board I just don't see in a travel agents Avatar being a selling point for families.

I just feel Disney are wasting their time with this project.

Regardless of the popularity or longevity of the franchise, you've got to admit that (assuming we get what they're advertising) it's going to be really cool-looking. It's an alien planet with bioluminescent flora and floating mountains. You don't need to love Avatar to appreciate how damn pretty it is.

I think it'd be cool if they use something like this for the guest pathways...

[video=youtube;DirpewBP6Cw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DirpewBP6Cw#t=235[/video]

Reactions: badlactose
Great stuff but much to simple for Disney IMO. WDI is probably trying to create their own compounds and such and running up the bill to ridiculous amounts. I'm not being smart this is really how it is sometimes...

Well now with Iger cutting spending what is the status on this project?

This is all we get.

porta-potty-5357653.jpg

Coming in 2017

Camp Minnie-Mickey is closing on Sunday with characters being relocated Monday. When construction begins is the question.
According to a member on Magic, construction vehicles are on property, backstage paths have been rerouted and they are set to break ground Monday. If that's true or not, who knows.

I think Avatar is even more valuable to Animal Kingdom after the news conference. It finally confirms that Animal Kingdom will be open past early bird special time. The park in the dark will look awesome especially in Pandora. That being said, Disney still has a ways to catch up with Universal in eye-catching expansions.

Not gonna lie.. seeing this picture makes me realize how much people have not been talking about the Navi or Avatar in a long time. :lol: The land, however, looks like it will be stunning.

I'm sorry, and **** me for saying this, but did Tom Staggs just confirm that Animal Kingdom isn't a full day park? How about that $90.00 now kids.

Yes. Yes he did just confirm it and didn't even sugarcoat it.

Just a random thought but looking at the concept art for floating mountains maybe using similar technique with the Tree Of Life will be implemented and themed accordingly to make it appear floating. Just a thought probably not even close though

Not gonna lie.. seeing this picture makes me realize how much people have not been talking about the Navi or Avatar in a long time. :lol: The land, however, looks like it will be stunning.
That CGI Jake reminds me of those bad Disney knockoffs:

[video=youtube_share;ogGAfyTLJvc]http://youtu.be/ogGAfyTLJvc[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts