Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like some of the patches/stickers, could be something to be added to a collection (not like they placed it on the hat however lol). The Na'vi weaving art is interesting, but some of the patterns look like they found random foliage in the Floridian swamps and decided to model their collection on it. But the rest are.... eh? I like to call some of those designs in the middle two pictures soccer-mom chic. Kind of artsy enough you can tastefully display around the house and such.

"The results are stunning and will immerse guests in a brand new world unlike any they have ever experienced before"

And then they show a picture of generic shirts, cups, and tote bags all with the same print on them. I mean, are they hoping that if they say immersion, immerse, or immersed that we the guests will eventually believe it to be true?

"The results are stunning and will immerse guests in a brand new world unlike any they have ever experienced before"

And then they show a picture of generic shirts, cups, and tote bags all with the same print on them. I mean, are they hoping that if they say immersion, immerse, or immersed that we the guests will eventually believe it to be true?
My thoughts exactly.

What is that merch?!

You've got concept art Zazzled on everything imaginable, pseudo-Egyptian I-want-be-a-world-traveler-but-I-went-to-Disney-World-instead merch, and patches for your Girl/Boy Scout uniforms.

I'm confused to no ends. Disney could have built some really cool merch for this land. I'd buy a Avatar tail / ears / dress-up-costume thing. I'd buy an Avatar houseplant (plastic light-up plant in a jar). I'd buy a small bag of "unobtanium" from one of those "pick-a-bag-of-rocks" things you find in museums. I came up with that in about 60 seconds.

I'm not gonna buying anything in that article. Disney relies way too heavily on very generic merchandise for their lands. Potter was awesome because of this little unique things you could buy.

The article was specifically talking about designs for merchandise by different artists. It did not include any of the toys, ears, and plush dolls that will also inevitably be available for purchase.

panm56473920.jpg

Out of all of that, I do like that passport set. Otherwise nothing else really appeals to me. But I'm more looking forward to the banshees and other toys anyway. I've never been one to really care about theme park shirts and tote bags.

windtraders-banshee-toys-v2-16x9.jpg

The article was specifically talking about designs for merchandise by different artists. It did not include any of the toys, ears, and plush dolls that will also inevitably be available for purchase.

Out of all of that, I do like that passport set. Otherwise nothing else really appeals to me. But I'm more looking forward to the banshees and other toys anyway. I've never been one to really care about theme park shirts and tote bags.

I noticed that too. Navi Mickey ears is going to be a hit.

What were people realistically expecting for merchandise options? I don't see myself buying anything detailed on the blog (maybe one of the art prints), but I think it mostly all looks totally fine and feels at home in Animal Kingdom. There's only so much they can do with a property like this. Not everything can be Harry Potter or Star Wars.

I went to Pandora and all I got was this immersive t-shirt.

What were people realistically expecting for merchandise options? I don't see myself buying anything detailed on the blog (maybe one of the art prints), but I think it mostly all looks totally fine and feels at home in Animal Kingdom. There's only so much they can do with a property like this. Not everything can be Harry Potter or Star Wars.

Well I certainly expected some Disney-centric takes on the Avatar property, but that is not actually my main critique. My issue is not the merchandise on offer, but the fact that they are claiming it is IMMERSIVE merchandise when I could get the exact same cup/tote/shirt/etc. with a Minion, Mickey, or, heck, Shamu slapped on it and not be told it was IN THEME.

That being said, the Banshees (you know, that one in theme item that they are barely talking about) actually look pretty good.

Last edited:
Some interesting info in the comments under the parks blog article:

Those patches are awesome! I will definitely be getting them all.

The patch designs will be found on select products like a crossbody bag, a hat, mystery pin set, small buttons, and other things. There won’t be individual patches available at this time.

Will merchandise be available to buy on preview days?

Select products may be available to purchase during preview days.​

Obviously, but c'mon. They could have done a lot more with the ACE merch, do a spin on "Save the World" t-shirts but for Pandora. They were onto something with the Banshee centric one, but IMO doesn't look good.

Obviously, but c'mon. They could have done a lot more with the ACE merch, do a spin on "Save the World" t-shirts but for Pandora. They were onto something with the Banshee centric one, but IMO doesn't look good.

I'm not sure that we really know the full extent yet of what ACE-branded merch we'll be seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.