Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 387 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The rumor I heard is they're having to replace a cooling system or something like that. That all 4 theatres can't run without overheating the building or some nonsense.

Reactions: SeventyOne
The flip side of that is there may be cool things that are too costly or difficult to maintain given up on and never seen again.

point taken.
I was lucky enough to see the Yeti in full force, and ride the Cat an the Hat when it was a bit more thrilling. Also those Dragons used to Duel! Believe it or not...

One would hope its not a design issue. We know the Fallon attraction had issues but that was a "repurposed" building versus one built specifically for this ride. I though they would have been cycling FOP similar to what is done with other rides/coasters. Is that not done for attractions like this?

One would hope its not a design issue. We know the Fallon attraction had issues but that was a "repurposed" building versus one built specifically for this ride. I though they would have been cycling FOP similar to what is done with other rides/coasters. Is that not done for attractions like this?

It's done for every ride... That's how these sorts of issues get flushed out

Reactions: darkridelover

From Joe Rhode. You'll have to read the whole caption by clicking on the photo. Great background on this queue item haha.

As an environmental scientist, I can really appreciate this. This would be a good conversation topic/educational opportunity while waiting the in queue. I really love how much care they've put into details like this. I'm getting more and more excited to visit Pandora, but I still need to book a trip hehe:D

Reactions: Joel and Alicia
Invasive species discussion within a conservation based land about a fictional planet from a blockbuster film. Color me impressed.

Is it an actual discussion or just an effect in a science lab in the queue?
My argument is that the background information on those things just isn't there to communicate the idea in the queue.

Yea, if a clever, well-crafted backstory falls in a forest without a plaque or sign for guests to read, does it make a sound?

Yea, if a clever, well-crafted backstory falls in a forest without a plaque or sign for guests to read, does it make a sound?

But also, somethings are better left without description. Such as this... Just a neat tidbit that we otherwise would have just thought "that's cool looking" and never know any better.

But also, somethings are better left without description. Such as this... Just a neat tidbit that we otherwise would have just thought "that's cool looking" and never know any better.
But if you're trying to communicate an idea what's the point if no one understands the message?
Well, my first thought was this is Disney's excuse to include a non-canon creature in a land based on Cameron's world and let Cameron approve it.

Disney thought it was a cool effect. Cameron probably agreed. And they worked out an excuse to include it. Just like their excuse to have breathable air. These are just backward explanations for what and how we're experiencing fun stuff.

That all said. A plaque would be nice. There's plenty of chalkboards, signs, and diagrams explaining conservation efforts, species, and animal facts in all the Animal Kingdom animal exhibits, so not sure why this one should be any different.

Well, my first thought was this is Disney's excuse to include a non-canon creature in a land based on Cameron's world and let Cameron approve it.

Disney thought it was a cool effect. Cameron probably agreed. And they worked out an excuse to include it. Just like their excuse to have breathable air. These are just backward explanations for what and how we're experiencing fun stuff.

That all said. A plaque would be nice. There's plenty of chalkboards, signs, and diagrams explaining conservation efforts, species, and animal facts in all the Animal Kingdom animal exhibits, so not sure why this one should be any different.

Those critters have different water quality in their tanks and little post it notes and such describing how they're thriving in various conditions. But nothing suggesting they want them all dead.

Reactions: Alicia
Note for anyone going the 13th for passholder previews... AK cast is being directed to park at Magic Kingdom and get bussed to work, so expect high crowds as they expect to fill the lot.

Arrive early and give yourself plenty of travel/walk time.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Status
Not open for further replies.