Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It would be interesting to know the actual manufacturing cost of your average Harry Potter wand and Banshee Puppet, to see which one generates the most profit.

I guess you've got to factor in lots of other things such as the overall licensing fee etc, but both are a fantastic tourist racket regardless!

Reactions: JoeCamel
It would be interesting to know the actual manufacturing cost of your average Harry Potter wand and Banshee Puppet, to see which one generates the most profit.

I guess you've got to factor in lots of other things such as the overall licensing fee etc, but both are a fantastic tourist racket regardless!
Oh I think I know this. Cast member told me the reason there's no AP discount on Banshees is they're selling them as low as possible to still make some profit. Well she said at cost but I doubt that's the case. I think this is a case of a price point being set first and the products actual manufacturing cost be damned.

The perch has an AP discount but Banshees do not. Ought to tell you something. And of course a cut goes to Fox and Cameron for them just like wands do. But I'm certain the Banshees cost a heck of a lot more to produce than wands. Else there'd be a discount allowed.

Oh I think I know this. Cast member told me the reason there's no AP discount on Banshees is they're selling them as low as possible to still make some profit. Well she said at cost but I doubt that's the case. I think this is a case of a price point being set first and the products actual manufacturing cost be damned.

The perch has an AP discount but Banshees do not. Ought to tell you something. And of course a cut goes to Fox and Cameron for them just like wands do. But I'm certain the Banshees cost a heck of a lot more to produce than wands. Else there'd be a discount allowed.
It also prevents reselling. Some people buy with their discount and the resell at just retail on eBay and make a profit that way.

I'm way behind on this thread. Have there been any noticeable changes in FoP's loading procedure or the load times?

I think those load times are going to dictate people's enjoyment of that ride (and dare I say the entire land) more than anything else right now. It's amazing how one frustrating detail can ruin it for many people.

I think the wands have the edge. Stamped plastic with a reflector on the end in a box vs a plush with controls that has to be assembled? The wands have more margin by far.

I'm way behind on this thread. Have there been any noticeable changes in FoP's loading procedure or the load times?

I think those load times are going to dictate people's enjoyment of that ride (and dare I say the entire land) more than anything else right now. It's amazing how one frustrating detail can ruin it for many people.
It is hit or miss still. One time we loaded in and the ride started in a minute and another time they had to try and lock in someone who had to get off. It comes down to if they are properly screening out front.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
People underestimate how hard it is to make money on Ebay, You have to account for shipping and eBay fees as well as the time and effort spent to buy the product and list it. I am seeing prices range from around $60 to $100 for banshees sold on Ebay. It would be a lot easier for me to just volunteer to work a few more hours than deal with the hassle. It would be different If one had a inside source though to buy these easier.

Reactions: Alicia
Every time I see someone walking around WDW with one or their shoulder I just find it obnoxious for some reason. It's almost as bad as the runners who walk around wearing the medals all week after the race. We get it, you spent money...
The people who bought those spent $50-$70 on that Banshee... you better bet they are going to use it (if they aren't selling it). It seems like a personal problem that you find it obnoxious. Is it obnoxious to you that people walk all around Universal with Robes and Wands?

Reactions: jtsalien
I visited Pandora last night. First, Flight of Passage is AMAZING, top notch, really stellar.

Second, the biolumiescent stuff is nice. I did notice that a lot of the alien plants and stuff reminded me ET's planet on ET Adventure. I also got a Final Fantasy vibe from some of the creatures as well, especially the huge plant thing out in the front.

Second Life still exists? :jaw:
Barely. But I have a lot of years of work invested in it so I maintain my scripted products still. Sorry to derail the thread.

:topic:

Does anyone know if Mobile Order has moved to other locations yet? Or still only Satuli? I love that service.

Last edited: