Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

Possibly (hard to tell if they are clear or not). But wonder how does it seperate the image if its not polorized or using color-spectrum shift? Its pretty cool however they are doing it.
They say no color correction needed and if they polarize the film in slightly different directions to match the glasses it will present a slightly different image to each eye. Pretty sure these are polarized

Didn't feel sick but did feel like my glasses were falling off. Had to grab them a couple times.

Yeah, they don't really sit on your nose too well.

Anyone know how well they work with us four-eyed folks?

Same. I was DONE after one ride but it was worth it. I felt the same way after one ride on this that I feel after 2 or 3 rides on FJ.

shoot.. I'm iffy on FJ, if I'm in perfect health (aka not hungover), I can make it out fine. Simpsons gives me the hot-sweats. I'm a little worried with this one

I wear glasses, and the 3D glasses fit better on me than my girlfriend... probably because I'm used to wearing glasses... or I have a big nose. ;)

And this ride is way smoother than Simpsons. Just also goes up/down in addition to the tilting. But the movements are never sudden, jarring or abrupt the way Simpsons or Transformers can be. Smooth, but exhilarating when coupled with the ride film.

shoot.. I'm iffy on FJ, if I'm in perfect health (aka not hungover), I can make it out fine. Simpsons gives me the hot-sweats. I'm a little worried with this one

Wear glasses - did FoP with and without them. Fit fine for me.

I get a little woosy from FJ sometimes and if I do several 3D rides or shows I'll get a temple headache. I felt the twinge of that starting when I rode FoP but never felt nauseated. When in doubt, close one eye.

I wear glasses, and the 3D glasses fit better on me than my girlfriend... probably because I'm used to wearing glasses... or I have a big nose. ;)

And this ride is way smoother than Simpsons. Just also goes up/down in addition to the tilting. But the movements are never sudden, jarring or abrupt the way Simpsons or Transformers can be. Smooth, but exhilarating when coupled with the ride film.

Wear glasses - did FoP with and without them. Fit fine for me.

I get a little woosy from FJ sometimes and if I do several 3D rides or shows I'll get a temple headache. I felt the twinge of that starting when I rode FoP but never felt nauseated. When in doubt, close one eye.

thanks! :thumbsup:

They say no color correction needed and if they polarize the film in slightly different directions to match the glasses it will present a slightly different image to each eye. Pretty sure these are polarized
Polorized lenses are grayish (by nature they block 50% of the light). I've never seen clear ones before. T2/Shrek use polorized. Everything else uses the glasses that shift the spectrum on one lens (they have a mirrored look).

The lenses used in Pandora are not 100% clear. If you hold them up to the light above you before riding you can see that one eye is still tinted differently than the other. They're just the clearEST I have ever seen before.

That plus the immensely brighter screen, 8k projection, and deeper color/contrast high dynamic range really makes it seem like you're not wearing 3D glasses at all.

If it weren't for the glasses drooping down my nose I wouldn't even notice them during the ride.

Polorized lenses are grayish (by nature they block 50% of the light). I've never seen clear ones before. T2/Shrek use polorized. Everything else uses the glasses that shift the spectrum on one lens (they have a mirrored look).
I think they are always working on refining the tech

On the first night of my vacation, I went to Pandora after dinner. I only had to wait 30 minutes for Na'vi River Journey, but I used a DAS for Flight of Passage. Na'vi River Journey was beautiful, and the song at the end got stuck in my head after riding the ride. Flight of Passage might be one of the best rides at Disney World in my opinion. I also ate lunch at the Sauti Canteen the day the theaters broke down (me and my sister, @mimitchi33 had a FP+ for Flight of Passage, but due to the breakdown, we decided to do the EMH later in the night to ride those rides), and had the cheeseburger bun, which was delicious.

Luckily, the worst that happened to me on the rides was getting the "There seems to be a problem, I'll be right back" message in the preshow the first time I rode Flight of Passage, (Not sure if anyone has brought this up, but according to another website, that message plays if there is a problem in the other room, such as a delay or if the ride is emergency stopped) and that only lasted a few seconds.

They did have the Banshees in stock on Friday (which ironically was the other day where I visited Animal Kingdom in the daytime [but I wanted to ride the non-Pandora rides] and the ride broke down). I saw a kid with a Banshee on his shoulder and decided to look in the gift shop, and they did have them! I didn't buy one, but they're adorable in person! I took a picture of what the Rookery looked like on that day.
iml6o8.jpg

Last edited:
On the first night of my vacation, I went to Pandora after dinner. I only had to wait 30 minutes for Na'vi River Journey, but I used a DAS for Flight of Passage. Na'vi River Journey was beautiful, and the song at the end got stuck in my head after riding the ride. Flight of Passage might be one of the best rides at Disney World in my opinion. I also ate lunch at the Sauti Canteen the day the theaters broke down (me and my sister, @mimitchi33 had a FP+ for Flight of Passage, but due to the breakdown, we decided to do the EMH later in the night to ride those rides), and had the cheeseburger bun, which was delicious.

Luckily, the worst that happened to me on the rides was getting the "There seems to be a problem, I'll be right back" message in the preshow the first time I rode Flight of Passage, (Not sure if anyone has brought this up, but according to another website, that message plays if there is a problem in the other room, such as a delay or if the ride is emergency stopped) and that only lasted a few seconds.

They did have the Banshees in stock on Friday (which ironically was the other day where I visited Animal Kingdom in the daytime [but I wanted to ride the non-Pandora rides] and the ride broke down). I saw a kid with a Banshee on his shoulder and decided to look in the gift shop, and they did have them! I didn't buy one, but they're adorable in person! I took a picture of what the Rookery looked like on that day.
iml6o8.jpg
The banshees come in special boxes? Yeah, that's what I'm reading into all of this.

The same thing happened on the one time I rode it, and it was about 3-4 minutes. Meanwhile they had the fuzzy scanner thing going on to keep people entertained. I think it's a cool idea to keep people involved while they're waiting around (and standing as well)

The same thing happened on the one time I rode it, and it was about 3-4 minutes. Meanwhile they had the fuzzy scanner thing going on to keep people entertained. I think it's a cool idea to keep people involved while they're waiting around (and standing as well)

It seems to be a hold for a delay of unknown duration - so it probably relates to loading. If you get to that part of the show and the ride isn't loaded and started, it stalls

It has variations though. I've seen it not do it, and as you mentioned it can do some filler stuff too. Not sure the logistics of how it is triggered but when it was skipped entirely is when it caught me off guard.

Am I the only one that eats these with a knife and fork?

I like to get a little slaw with each bite. So good.

I think everyone looks weird eating them with their hands.

It seems to be a hold for a delay of unknown duration - so it probably relates to loading. If you get to that part of the show and the ride isn't loaded and started, it stalls

It has variations though. I've seen it not do it, and as you mentioned it can do some filler stuff too. Not sure the logistics of how it is triggered but when it was skipped entirely is when it caught me off guard.
Yeah, the two times I have been on the ride outside of the AP preview i've gotten that... i'm pretty sure as you are alluding to that it means either Pre-Show #2 is still in a hold or there's a problem at the load of the ride (someone who couldn't fit, etc).