Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

So, I took my little brother here yesterday and told him to be ready for an 8:00 am opening. Got to the park at 7:15 prepared to stand by at rope drop and was surprised to see Pandora was open. Got up to the queue and was shocked to see Flight of Passage at an hour wait. The amount of people there at 7:15 am was beyond surprising to someone who previously thought that this would have little to no impact on AK attendance. Ate my own words.

I really don't think Pandora is a "rush to go see it" type attraction. I think a lot of folks will eventually get around to it, but it's not the type of attraction that is going to prompt a Disney vacation as soon as possible. I think they will see some overall attendance increase, just not a big burst like with Potter.
While I definitely agree that people aren't going to book just for Pandora, nothing will ever be Potter-like in terms of it's overall effect on the park again (unless SeaWorld has a saving grace up their sleeve we don't know about).

I had a much longer post, but I think i'll just finish by saying I don't think, even for something as big as Star Wars, we will ever see crowds this large again. This picture is the gold standard:
sdut-crowds-stars-at-harry-potter-orlando-park-opening-2010jun18

Anyway I hope Disney will see a huge climb in attendance due to their investment. I hate the company with a passion but Orlando needs 2 rivals to stay healthy and the consumer wins.
Luckily we have that now and I think it's safe to say that Universal is here for the long haul so hopefully they keep WDW on the edge of their seat.

Anyways, back on topic :topic:

Reportedly the initial shipment was for 1500 units. They could be happy with Banshee sales but everything else might not be carrying their weight. Again some of this is rumor, some is fact, and it's all mixed together.

They couldn't of had that much faith in them, that seems a small order for their flagship merch.

They couldn't of had that much faith in them, that seems a small order for their flagship merch.
They need to raise the price. I know they probably want to be comparable to Potter wands, but they need to make themselves some profit on these. Given the rubber and moving parts I'd say they're worth more than 50.

Plus, if they raise the price maybe they can offer AP discount on them. It's weird that it's like the only product without a discount there.

They need to raise the price. I know they probably want to be comparable to Potter wands, but they need to make themselves some profit on these. Given the rubber and moving parts I'd say they're worth more than 50.

Plus, if they raise the price maybe they can offer AP discount on them. It's weird that it's like the only product without a discount there.
I recall a poster saying there was only a few dollars mark up on them, so profits would'nt be much. So, I would think you're right that they need to raise the price. And, who knows how many of that initial shipment were bought by the Ebay capitalists, that were charging more than Disney was....

They could just be hoping that strong word of mouth would push up merchandise sales over time. Then they could increase prices.

I'm taking a trip in November and I already know I'm going to be walking out of Pandora with a banshee.

I visited here a few weeks ago, and I liked both rides! Flight of Passage reminded me of a flight simulator we had at a local museum around here, but cooler! And a word of warning for those going on FOP: Use the bathroom before you get in the queue, otherwise, the seats could squish your bladder and you WILL wet yourself. It happened to me.

I visited here a few weeks ago, and I liked both rides! Flight of Passage reminded me of a flight simulator we had at a local museum around here, but cooler! And a word of warning for those going on FOP: Use the bathroom before you get in the queue, otherwise, the seats could squish your bladder and you WILL wet yourself. It happened to me.
I hear they got a hallway for that.

I've noticed a strange anomaly while monitoring the Touring Plans adjusted stand by times for Flight of Passage. Generally, when visiting a WDW park, you'll experience the shortest stand by lines between 9:00 AM & 11:00 AM, or late evening. Afternoons are generally the longest stand by waits. For the past week or so, Flight of Passage has had it's longest stand by wait times between 9;00 AM and 11:00 AM (morning). Adjusted stand by times are lower during the prime afternoon hours. So, it may be good touring practice, at this point in time, to wait until the afternoon to ride Flight of Passage, since the lines are shorter than the morning. Navii River times are similar also. So , again, perhaps ride it in the afternoon instead of the morning....

Adjusted stand by times are lower during the prime afternoon hours. So, it may be good touring practice, at this point in time, to wait until the afternoon to ride Flight of Passage, since the lines are shorter than the morning. Navii River times are similar also. So , again, perhaps ride it in the afternoon instead of the morning....
Well, that works for me since our current plans are to hit AK in the late morning/early afternoon of our second day in August.

Well, that works for me since our current plans are to hit AK in the late morning/early afternoon of our second day in August.
Hopefully that trend holds up through then. :thumbsup:....The past week FOP's been 150 to 240 minutes (TP 'adjusted' wait times) between 9 and 11:00/11:30 AM. Afternoons though, have dropped to around 90 minutes for most of the afternoon. Navii is about half to two thirds of FOP's stand by time....My guess is people are rushing to get in Pandora early, thinking it's typical touring like the other WDW attractions with lower wait times in the morning. The question is, will people catch on to what's happening?....Before you go in August, check back with a question on this thread, and I'll go on my TP subscription and review the wait times again. :)

So I'm confused. Is there actually a banshee head or anything on FOP or is the seat your in just breathing?

I've been poking around and cant find any pictures past loading

So I'm confused. Is there actually a banshee head or anything on FOP or is the seat your in just breathing?

I've been poking around and cant find any pictures past loading
No banshee head, what we saw was probably only for internal testing off-site and never made it into actual development of the attraction.

The link chairs you see in photos is all there is, with fake breathing. But I like it because nothing is in your field of vision, makes for a wide view of the world.

IMG_5203.jpg

I've noticed a strange anomaly while monitoring the Touring Plans adjusted stand by times for Flight of Passage. Generally, when visiting a WDW park, you'll experience the shortest stand by lines between 9:00 AM & 11:00 AM, or late evening. Afternoons are generally the longest stand by waits. For the past week or so, Flight of Passage has had it's longest stand by wait times between 9;00 AM and 11:00 AM (morning). Adjusted stand by times are lower during the prime afternoon hours. So, it may be good touring practice, at this point in time, to wait until the afternoon to ride Flight of Passage, since the lines are shorter than the morning. Navii River times are similar also. So , again, perhaps ride it in the afternoon instead of the morning....
Could have something to do with AK being an inferno most of the summer. Get in get out and go do other things that are not like walking in the pits of hell

No banshee head, what we saw was probably only for internal testing off-site and never made it into actual development of the attraction.

The link chairs you see in photos is all there is, with fake breathing. But I like it because nothing is in your field of vision, makes for a wide view of the world.

IMG_5203.jpg

Thanks, this is was I assumed. Just wondering if the banshee detail made it in or not. Bummer

do u guys think this Pandora will come to Disney California adventure? I was thinking that maybe they should take out bugs life and just build it there

do u guys think this Pandora will come to Disney California adventure? I was thinking that maybe they should take out bugs life and just build it there
I personally don't think so. The rumor is that Disney hasn't seen the bump in attendance or spending that they wanted to see in Animal Kingdom. That means they probably won't take the land elsewhere.