Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
IGN is the world's biggest paid butt-kissing journalism establishments ever. Should've been a different website.
I mean, I didn't read anything but the title, which stated FoP was one of the world's greatest thrill rides.

I happen to have the same opinion, as long as we are talking about theme parks and exclude the amazing Coasters at amusement parks across the world.

Reactions: jtsalien
Couple of notes..

This evening the queue started being used again to enter the land. Seemingly the people who didnt get in to see it at night yesterday. Will likely have the same early-close as yesterday if the attraction lines are too long.

This is the Connect to Protect thingy:

And I want to go back to eat either a breakfast bun or to see it at night - which should I prioritize?

Couple of notes..

This evening the queue started being used again to enter the land. Seemingly the people who didnt get in to see it at night yesterday. Will likely have the same early-close as yesterday if the attraction lines are too long.

This is the Connect to Protect thingy:

And I want to go back to eat either a breakfast bun or to see it at night - which should I prioritize?

Is this on the MDE app? This looks like something monotonous, but i'll do it since Disney donates to the Wildlife Conservation Fund after completion I believe (unless I heard wrong).

I have decided breakfast bun is more important than seeing it at night personally. My blackout dates are about to kick in and my priority is certainly breakfast.

My fear is the food will change by the time I return again in August after blackout dates end. And with Disney, menus change without any notice at all all time.

I have decided breakfast bun is more important than seeing it at night personally. My blackout dates are about to kick in and my priority is certainly breakfast.

My fear is the food will change by the time I return again in August after blackout dates end. And with Disney, menus change without any notice at all all time.

But that means getting up early *whines*

I mean, I didn't read anything but the title, which stated FoP was one of the world's greatest thrill rides.

I happen to have the same opinion, as long as we are talking about theme parks and exclude the amazing Coasters at amusement parks across the world.
Well it could be very true, but IGN is a known sellout. Also, the statement is a little broad. I've been to Cedar Point, and Millennium Point was the most thrilling thing I've ever done.

Well it could be very true, but IGN is a known sellout. Also, the statement is a little broad. I've been to Cedar Point, and Millennium Point was the most thrilling thing I've ever done.
Yes it was broad. My ranking of coasters is completely separate from my ranking of best theme park attractions, however.

Closed again tonight at 9pm for day guests. :(
The whole land or just the rides?

Last edited:
Reactions: hishedale
I know right.

There was blue construction tape on the steel supports for Krakatau at the grand opening. What on Earth? Universal has yet to impress me since Diagon, and thus far, they haven't proved that they can reach Potter-levels without Warner Bros. Lately, Universal has put out nothing spectacular. Kong was good, but could've been 1000x better. Fallon sucked. Hulk re-do sucked. F&F is sure to suck. Volcano Bay is a complete mess, and a disappointment everywhere you turn.

I have no desire to see a Nintendo land, primarily because the IP actively annoys me. However, I fear that is their only hope to prove they can accomplish something worthwhile again. That said, I'm not holding out much hope.
Oh my......

Natural bioluminescence doesn't have amber. There's not a lot in Pandora, but it's there - and more important there's a lot of magenta. Magenta is triggered in vision by red cones and blue cones going off, but doesn't have its own wavelength. Whereas amber and orange and red have wavelengths and overlap with visual cones... your brain is making up magenta, creating it but interpreting a lot of the red/amber spectrum that it knows shouldn't be there in natural versions of bioluminescence.

Natural bioluminescence doesn't have amber. There's not a lot in Pandora, but it's there - and more important there's a lot of magenta. Magenta is triggered in vision by red cones and blue cones going off, but doesn't have its own wavelength. Whereas amber and orange and red have wavelengths and overlap with visual cones... your brain is making up magenta, creating it but interpreting a lot of the red/amber spectrum that it knows shouldn't be there in natural versions of bioluminescence.
I mean it still looks nice, but I don't agree with them calling it bioluminescence. And how do you know so much about it?

So are you saying Magenta bioluminescence doesn't occur on Earth or that it's impossible to exist on an alien planet?

Does anyone know how early guests were let into the park/Pandora this morning. Trying to gauge how early I gotta get there tomorrow. I needs to try the breakfast at Satu'li!

Had dinner at Satu'li Canteen last night and WOW. One of the best meals I've had at a theme park ever. I had the chicken with the quinoa and greens and the creamy herb dressing. I want it again for lunch, for work tomorrow, etc.
But what if it opened at Universal instead of Disney? ;)

Btw, I love your commentary on the land so far, but you were sort of implying (in the review thread) since you didn't enjoy FoP as much as others that people must've been biased. That may be true for a small few, but for a project so divisive to receive such praise almost across the board for its main ride isn't a bias.

Reactions: twebber55