Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

The park is doing Extra Magic Hours each day before the scheduled opening time and EMH is limited to WDW guests. Still a good idea to get there early but unless you're staying at a WDW hotel, you won't be getting in until the scheduled park opening.

Hi everyone! I really haven't followed much about Pandora, but I am looking to go to Animal Kingdom next week. I heard they open the park earlier than what it says on their hours. I'm the type of person where I will be first in line to ride whatever ride I'm going to first. So with a park opening set at 9am, what should I expect? We plan on going straight to Flight of Passage.

They might let guests into the park 20-30 mins prior to open time but then hold everyone at Tree of Life until park opening time. That way lines aren't out to the buses at turnstiles. So technically letting you in early, but can't go to rides until 9. Sometimes they let us in 5 mins early in my experience. But expect to be holding in a huge crowd of people standing in direct sunlight for 30 mins.

I suggest getting to turnstiles 1 hour and 10 minutes prior to park opening to rope drop Pandora.

What the hell is causing such a long wait? Had to be a breakdown or something right? The ride has been pretty consistently around 2-2.5 hours all summer. Seems odd it would jump back to opening day type waits now (btw, if it is really 5 hours, the line would be out beyond the Africa bridge... I know, I waited 4 hours from that point on opening day)

What the hell is causing such a long wait? Had to be a breakdown or something right? The ride has been pretty consistently around 2-2.5 hours all summer. Seems odd it would jump back to opening day type waits now (btw, if it is really 5 hours, the line would be out beyond the Africa bridge... I know, I waited 4 hours from that point on opening day)
It was beyond the bridge, longest I've seen since opening week. And Dinosaur has been down all day so that may have something to do with it.

No AP or CM blackouts I think. CMs still can't do the actual weekends.

I was there earlier in the week and was 2.5 to 3 hour wait most of the day. Today might've had a theater down plus the extra crowds.

Strange question, I noticed that dirt smell throughout the land..It seemed to be coming off of lillies throughout...Anyone know the name of them...Or some of the plants used in the park?

I honestly thought I was the only one that smelled that dirt smell outside. It doesn't smell bad, but its different. You smell the same scent during a part on the FOP ride. I think its from the pine needles throughout the land.

Last edited:
As I mentioned in another thread, we hit DAK on Wednesday afternoon and waited ~ 75 minutes for FOP. It was definitely worth the wait and everyone in my group agreed that the ride was awesome. We had a FP for NRJ which was an OK experience and we tried the desserts in Satuli with most people favoring the blue cheesecake.
There were tons of banshees in stock and my daughter purchased hers along with the perch for her to display it in her room.
Everyone enjoyed the new land and all the interesting flora to look at.

As I mentioned in another thread, we hit DAK on Wednesday afternoon and waited ~ 75 minutes for FOP. It was definitely worth the wait and everyone in my group agreed that the ride was awesome. We had a FP for NRJ which was an OK experience and we tried the desserts in Satuli with most people favoring the blue cheesecake.
There were tons of banshees in stock and my daughter purchased hers along with the perch for her to display it in her room.
Everyone enjoyed the new land and all the interesting flora to look at.

A disney-nut colleague just texted me this:
"Saw Pandora last night during EMH and went on Navi river but not the other one because we didn't have time. Don't wait more than 15 mins for the river ride cuz it sucks"

...no surprise there

"Saw Pandora last night during EMH and went on Navi river but not the other one because we didn't have time. Don't wait more than 15 mins for the river ride cuz it sucks"

...no surprise there
The Na'vi River Journey would be great if it were just part of FoP's queue. Sort of like the elevator in Gringott's.

...no surprise there

I always love when these "Disney nuts" don't know well enough to keep away from things like the River Journey.

I'm so P/O'd I was online the second we could get our FPs and all Fps for FOP were gone instantly... I guess they've given them all to hotel guests which seems a bit unfair!

Guess ill have to brave the wait time but I keep checking the standby and its still pretty crazy!

I have yet to spot a FoP FP out in the wild, too. I think the main takeaway from it is that DAK needs another expansion badly. Pandora was a great start, but DAK still is lacking in ride count.

I'm so P/O'd I was online the second we could get our FPs and all Fps for FOP were gone instantly... I guess they've given them all to hotel guests which seems a bit unfair!

Guess ill have to brave the wait time but I keep checking the standby and its still pretty crazy!
Seems like mid afternoons (1 to 4 or 5) are still the shortest lines of the day (60 to 90 minutes0 Gets up to two to three hours from 9:00 AM to Noon. That seems to be the worst time of the day.

Reactions: Ash