Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion | Page 100 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I went for a walk around my neighborhood in LA yesterday and caught a whiff of the scent from FoP while passing a garden. Anyone know specifically what flower(s) I may have been smelling?

Reactions: Coasted
Here's Magic Candle Company's description:

Our Banshee Flightfragrance captures the scent of a fresh ocean breeze with a top note of apple, melon, orange and bergamot. The heart blends lavender and bois de rose leading to a base of woody violet and musk.

Bath and Body Works description of Frozen Lake:

Made with lavender and cypress essential oils with notes of eucalyptus and juniper berry.

Although I didn't find MCC's Horror Nights scent to smell much like the HHN fog, I bet it was maybe some combination of the lemon trees, bergamot, lavender, and/or rose I was smelling. I'm going to walk by there again later this week and see if I can find out without trespassing.

Here's Magic Candle Company's description:

Our Banshee Flightfragrance captures the scent of a fresh ocean breeze with a top note of apple, melon, orange and bergamot. The heart blends lavender and bois de rose leading to a base of woody violet and musk.

Bath and Body Works description of Frozen Lake:

Made with lavender and cypress essential oils with notes of eucalyptus and juniper berry.

Although I didn't find MCC's Horror Nights scent to smell much like the HHN fog, I bet it was maybe some combination of the lemon trees, bergamot, lavender, and/or rose I was smelling. I'm going to walk by there again later this week and see if I can find out without trespassing.
Bath and Body Works use to carry a candle called Firewood and it kinds reminds me of the smokey fog. During this past winter they had firewood and balsam (did not smell like hhn).

Sooo... Covid restrictions are completely out the window now. At least on Smuggler's Run and other Disney rides where they've increased capacity they put in plexiglass.
flight-of-passage-guests-seated-together-1.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: TheGentTrent
Sooo... Covid restrictions are completely out the window now. At least on Smuggler's Run and other Disney rides where they've increased capacity they put in plexiglass.
flight-of-passage-guests-seated-together-1.jpg

Is that one 'group'? We were in Pandora on Monday. I found Disney (we went from 12/25 to 12/28) added barriers/plexiglass in ways to keep people's air (so to say) sort of in places --- for example, in the pic above, my family of 3 would have been grouped w/ a fam of four leaving one vehicle space (if I recall).

I am pretty anal about COVID and I honestly feel WDW has done what they can do, the public is still the public and there are times -- but Disney has not thrown anything out the window -- I saw queues for pin trading -- employees w/ tape to make distancing markers for street carts if queues formed -- we had a Pirates boat to ourselves -- every other was often used -- the big issue I saw in queues is that there are switchback areas where John Q Public does not understand there is no marker in that section as the idea is to skip a switchback when plexiglass has not been added -- in staging, we were always grouped based on our group.

Anyhow -- just some random pic I took that show some of the steps taken, but from what i know of CDC recommendations, I feel I saw Disney making correct choices and I saw all their employees remind folks how to correctly wear a mask if they noticed someone who needed assistance which went a long way in my book!

ac1.JPGac2.jpgac3.JPG

Is that one 'group'? We were in Pandora on Monday. I found Disney (we went from 12/25 to 12/28) added barriers/plexiglass in ways to keep people's air (so to say) sort of in places --- for example, in the pic above, my family of 3 would have been grouped w/ a fam of four leaving one vehicle space (if I recall).

I am pretty anal about COVID and I honestly feel WDW has done what they can do, the public is still the public and there are times -- but Disney has not thrown anything out the window -- I saw queues for pin trading -- employees w/ tape to make distancing markers for street carts if queues formed -- we had a Pirates boat to ourselves -- every other was often used -- the big issue I saw in queues is that there are switchback areas where John Q Public does not understand there is no marker in that section as the idea is to skip a switchback when plexiglass has not been added -- in staging, we were always grouped based on our group.

Anyhow -- just some random pic I took that show some of the steps taken, but from what i know of CDC recommendations, I feel I saw Disney making correct choices and I saw all their employees remind folks how to correctly wear a mask if they noticed someone who needed assistance which went a long way in my book!

View attachment 13709View attachment 13710View attachment 13711
Blog Mickey confirmed with CMs that the policy has changed: Disney World Relaxes Social Distancing Policy on Popular Flight of Passage Attraction at Disney's Animal Kingdom

I certainly wouldn’t say they’ve “thrown COViD restrictions out the window” as there are still plenty of safety protocols in place. It was only a matter of time before they increased capacity on one of the most popular rides in all of WDW. Personally, I think it’s better to get people on the rides instead of waiting in these enormous lines. Plus, I thought masks worked?

Reactions: devinp267
I certainly wouldn’t say they’ve “thrown COViD restrictions out the window” as there are still plenty of safety protocols in place. It was only a matter of time before they increased capacity on one of the most popular rides in all of WDW. Personally, I think it’s better to get people on the rides instead of waiting in these enormous lines. Plus, I thought masks worked?
Masks do work, but they aren't fool proof. I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable going on the ride right now.

Reactions: Grabnar
For this ride they definitely have.
Showing up to class helps you do well, but if you don't do everything else (study, etc.) then you're not going to succeed.

Reactions: Nick
It's supposed to be a mixture of masks and social distancing. Obviously the guests and the park don't care though.

Reactions: UNIrd and Nick
It's supposed to be a mixture of masks and social distancing. Obviously the guests and the park don't care though.
Yeah, masks only get you so far, that's why we've been doing social distancing as well. The two together are a pretty solid combination. One without the other is throwing caution to the wind. Imagine the inverse of this - people social distancing, but not wearing masks. It doesn't work.

I agree I think that's a bit unfair. It's tight on this ride but everyone's wearing a mask. And it's a slow moving ride. I kinda think you're more at risk in a packed diner clustered around moving people.

Reactions: Bulldog45
I agree I think that's a bit unfair. It's tight on this ride but everyone's wearing a mask. And it's a slow moving ride. I kinda think you're more at risk in a packed diner clustered around moving people.
You wouldn’t catch me in a packed diner, either. I don’t eat inside any restaurants, currently.

Reactions: BigHouseFootball
Don’t want to turn this into a COVID thread, but if people are willing to go to a theme park during a pandemic then they assume all liability and risk with regards to getting the virus. Disney is doing the best they can do right now with all their safety protocols and warnings. So for those people willing to go to a theme park right now, sitting next to a person on a ride (while wearing a mask) shouldn’t be that big of a deal...

Don’t want to turn this into a COVID thread, but if people are willing to go to a theme park during a pandemic then they assume all liability and risk with regards to getting the virus. Disney is doing the best they can do right now with all their safety protocols and warnings. So for those people willing to go to a theme park right now, sitting next to a person on a ride (while wearing a mask) shouldn’t be that big of a deal...
If Disney originally felt it was safer to separate parties by an empty seat on the ride every day since reopening, why suddenly do they now think that it’s no longer necessary? It would be one thing if they were always loading like this, or if they had made some sort of change, (like adding plexiglass to Runaway Railway,) but nothing else has changed here.

If Disney originally felt it was safer to separate parties by an empty seat on the ride every day since reopening, why suddenly do they now think that it’s no longer necessary? It would be one thing if they were always loading like this, or if they had made some sort of change, (like adding plexiglass to Runaway Railway,) but nothing else has changed here.
I suspect the tradeoff is less about "what's changed" and more about which is the lesser of two evils: losing control of distancing at the back end of the queue as it spills out into the land when wait times spiral out of control this week or putting two masked people next to each other at a distance greater than the airplane they rode into town on.

I suspect the tradeoff is less about "what's changed" and more about which is the lesser of two evils: losing control of distancing at the back end of the queue as it spills out into the land when wait times spiral out of control this week or putting two masked people next to each other at a distance greater than the airplane they rode into town on.
I mean, probably, as the queue was wrapped to Africa and back at just a 90 min wait last month. I wonder if they start skipping seats again after busy season if that’s the only reason then.