Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

I mean, probably, as the queue was wrapped to Africa and back at just a 90 min wait last month. I wonder if they starts skipping seats again after busy season if that’s the only reason then.
I’m expecting that capacity is only up to 100% due to the holiday crowds, yes. But now that they’ve gone back to more of a “normal” or “new normal”, the question is will they ever revert?

Yeah right. Businesses/governments never revert back. I’m fairly confident this will be the norm from now on. Just means that my family won’t be returning any time soon. Maybe in the fall?

Great time to visit AK and the other WDW parks. WDW is soooo slow, that Touring Plans revised their near August/September crowd calendar 'downward' for the second time in the past couple of weeks. Yesterday
Touring Plans did a number of 'real time' line tests on Flight of Passage during the day. The line times ranged from 15 to 25 minutes. Navaii River was even shorter......and over at DHS, not only has
ROTR had stand by lines at the end of the days, but it's sometimes a walk on in the last hour, according to TP.

Great time to visit AK and the other WDW parks. WDW is soooo slow, that Touring Plans revised their near August/September crowd calendar 'downward' for the second time in the past couple of weeks. Yesterday
Touring Plans did a number of 'real time' line tests on Flight of Passage during the day. The line times ranged from 15 to 25 minutes. Navaii River was even shorter......and over at DHS, not only has
ROTR had stand by lines at the end of the days, but it's sometimes a walk on in the last hour, according to TP.
I do wish I had an active AP right now with how low the crowds are simply for RotR alone. But it wasn't worth it to renew my pass once it expired in February so oh well. The whole Genie stuff really doesn't have me itching to get an AP though knowing that the low crowds like this and walk ons are not something that we'll be seeing for long.

school is back. that's why. will pick up again for labor day, but this is always a slow time.

school is back. that's why. will pick up again for labor day, but this is always a slow time.
Well, the crowd numbers are even significantly lower than they were in previous years, and Touring Plans lowered their projections for the entire month of September for a second time....As @LieutLaww said, no UK'ers this year. Those are the travelers that greatly expand the attendance in August and September, and they are completely absent this year. WDW, I'm guessing, won't pick up until October....

Happy everyone is realizing the land is totally underwhelming.
I don't think this is a new stance or view from anyone really. The only reason to go to the land is to go on Flight of Passage (if the wait isn't too long) or to eat at Satuli. The bones of the land are there imo, but they sort of left off the special sauce. If they would add certain elements like I posted above, actually have followed through on the bioluminescence that was promised, or potentially a third ride, then the land would be be a bit better.

Part of what makes the land so average is that it feels dead once you're inside due to streetmosphere, any sort of interactivity (like Potter has with the Wand thing), or no M&G's. I don't understand why they got ride of the walk around mech suit or the drum show that performed in the land. I know it's not really realistic to expect walk around Na'vi (as they're very tall and very skinny), but something like the AA above would do wonders just to enhance the land on it's own and really make you feel like you're actually within the world that they were trying to create.

This temporary exhibit does more to place you on Pandora than the land at DAK does tbh in terms of recognizable creatures and characters from the movie. The most important character being them capturing the character of Pandora much better. I think part of the problem is that this is once again a timeline set land, set after the events of the films.

I don't think this is a new stance or view from anyone really. The only reason to go to the land is to go on Flight of Passage (if the wait isn't too long) or to eat at Satuli. The bones of the land are there imo, but they sort of left off the special sauce. If they would add certain elements like I posted above, actually have followed through on the bioluminescence that was promised, or potentially a third ride, then the land would be be a bit better.

Part of what makes the land so average is that it feels dead once you're inside due to streetmosphere, any sort of interactivity (like Potter has with the Wand thing), or no M&G's. I don't understand why they got ride of the walk around mech suit or the drum show that performed in the land. I know it's not really realistic to expect walk around Na'vi (as they're very tall and very skinny), but something like the AA above would do wonders just to enhance the land on it's own and really make you feel like you're actually within the world that they were trying to create.

This temporary exhibit does more to place you on Pandora than the land at DAK does tbh in terms of recognizable creatures and characters from the movie. The most important character being them capturing the character of Pandora much better. I think part of the problem is that this is once again a timeline set land, set after the events of the films.

If the boat ride were more ambitious it could have included something like this

That boat ride is one of the more disappointing projects from WDI

The Banshees really are the cool part of the film and a Blue style meet and greet with one would be cool

Cameron pitched a Way of Water update to Flight of Passage recently. Supposedly Iger liked the idea and nothing has been decided.

“When Bob Iger came back a couple weeks ago, I did send him an email and say, ‘You know, we can do Avatar 2 and 3 motifs and put them into the physical hardware of ‘Avatar Flight of Passage’. He liked that idea. So nothing has been decided. But, you know, we would like to carry that along and update it from time to time with things that flow back out of the new movies. Because I think there’s a good synergy between the physical base where you can go and just kind of meditate and be on Pandora and how the movies progress the story and bring in new imagery.”