Photograpy Don'ts in the Park | Inside Universal Forums

Photograpy Don'ts in the Park

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
what is your views on photography in the parks, where is ok where isn't it. and how far can you go before you think you've over stepped the boundary

the worst i ever had was last september at magic kingdom all i got was people moaning. i stood at the bridge between main street and liberty square to be asked had i nothing better to do on my holiday than run around with things that ruin it for others, people like me shouldn't even be allowed in the park

i could understand if i was on a dark ride or such but come on in the main park

You've paid the admission fee like everyone else, so I don't see how anyone could complain at you taking photos in any of the parks.

I get a bit p!ssed at folk who are trying to get their entire extended family in one shot including auntie Mable who's refusing to move her ecv into position, blocking an entire pathway. But other than that the parks are filled with folk taking pics - including me. And I've never had anyone even hint they were annoyed with me for it.

Wow people complained because you tried to take a picture? These are the same people who complain when someone accidentally walks through THEIR picture, again the ME society of today.

One big no no, is in my opinion would be to make some stranger take a picture of you more than once if you didn't like the first one even if they do offer to take it again.

FJ photography is encouraged, they have the little camera pouch on the benches. If they said no photography in the ques then yea, I get it. But they don't.

As far as taking pictures on rides, yea that's a given. I do find it okay if it is a dark ride and there is literally no one else in the vehicle and no one before or after you. Then it's okay. That happened to me on Pirates once and it didn't bother me because I wasn't really ruining anyone's experience by taking flash pictures. Other wise I know some rides say no photography but what they really mean is no flash, so I just turn the flash off. I.E. Carousel of Progress.

No photography on attractions or areas that state it... and only use the flash if you must but NEVER on a ride unless there is a special circumstance. I will use low light lens on dark rides and try to kill all extra light as possible. I never encounter a problem other than the kind (and stressed out) CM reminding me no flash on dark rides.

I think you think I mean no photography at all on Forbidden Journey, which I don't; I mean no flash because it's a near-constant lightning storm of flashes wherever you go and it's incredibly annoying. Taking pictures without flash is perfectly fine!

on the dark rides i say shoot away, but and i stress but with no flash. flash ruins the lighting of the ride anyway

just use common sense when i went on pirates i was in the same row as my family so i made sure i was at the edge of the boat and my flash and display screen of my slr was off. so i snapped away not bothering anyone. same on the HM but i had the same setting and was on my own

Let's get real. I hate flashes on cams as much as the next educated fan.

However, people will continue to try and brighten fireworks with their flash cameras until the world ends. Average tourists try to brighten sunrises and sunsets with their flashes and lighten up twenty feet of atmosphere when taking a picture of a shooting star.

They just don't have a clue... and as a paying tourist, they don't want to have a clue... and I cannot not blame them for that.

[Rant] One of the things that really annoys me is those tourists who walk around the parks with these HUGE DSLR cameras that use flash all the time and obviously don't know how to use the camera. For instance, I saw some guy filming Hulk yesterday with a professional HD camera (I estimate he paid around $5,000 for it) and he was running back and forth trying to film the ride. I bet his footage didn't come out so great. The ones that don't have big expensive cameras have point and shoots. Most of them take crappy pictures anyway except during daylight and in good lighting condition.. so they're kind of forced to use flash if they even want their photo to turn out... even if it looks all washed out and very white. [/End Rant]

Besides that, I can't stand people who take pictures with the flash on in very dark areas where it's hard to see and when they're using flash where signs say flash photography is prohibited! I'm all for taking pictures, but I wish some people would just be respectful of other people around them. When I'm on dark rides or in shows, I always turn my LCD off on my DSLR and switch to my low app. lens. Even if I'm not in a dark environment, I don't use flash. Period. My photos are fine without it. I don't want to bother anyone around me. Also, it annoys me when someone asks me to take a picture for them and then explains how to use their camera. Had they been a little more observant, I think they'd realize I own the exact same (or very similar) model to their camera. Thanks for educating me on something I already know!

It's pretty funny when people are like "You just press this button...it's right here"
Oh...you mean like every other camera in the world!

Sometimes you have to because 2 out of every 10 people ask you "is it this button?" (while pointing to the correct one)