Photograpy Don'ts in the Park | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Photograpy Don'ts in the Park

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes and, beleive it or not, there are are people who simply do not know.

If you really want to mess with people you should bring an old school Polaroid and have them take your picture with it. When they can't find the button act all frustrated with them like they are idiots :lol:

I'm fine with pictures being taken! Parks encourage photography of their stuff. Flash in dark rides... it depends. Personally it doesn't bother me, because I'm with the set theory that people who pay a lot of money to have their family come down to Florida to enjoy the park, want the pictures to look back on the memories and also to brag to other people they went. I know that if I went to a theme park not in Orlando that had a bunch of cool stuff, I'd probably snap away too. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I haven't had any bad experiences with rude tourists trying to get a picture.

Though, I do find it very humorous when people take flash pictures at the Ballroom scene in Haunted Mansion... teehee.

I'm fine with pictures being taken! Parks encourage photography of their stuff. Flash in dark rides... it depends. Personally it doesn't bother me, because I'm with the set theory that people who pay a lot of money to have their family come down to Florida to enjoy the park, want the pictures to look back on the memories and also to brag to other people they went. I know that if I went to a theme park not in Orlando that had a bunch of cool stuff, I'd probably snap away too. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I haven't had any bad experiences with rude tourists trying to get a picture.

Though, I do find it very humorous when people take flash pictures at the Ballroom scene in Haunted Mansion... teehee.

So in other words you condone people breaking the rules and also annoying everyone else from enjoying their DARK ride experience?

True Story.

I'm in the Stretching Room of the Haunted Mansion, snapping away of everything around using my low light lens. A CM comes up to me, pulls me a bit to the side and whispers "I want to thank you for not using flash, you have no idea how many people come in here and flash away. It really screws up our eyes."

If a ride says no Flash Pictures, respect it.

Reactions: AndyP
Whats common sense? :bonk:

You did ask...

6a0120a79c6a26970b0147e2073194970b-800wi

It's pretty funny when people are like "You just press this button...it's right here"
Oh...you mean like every other camera in the world!

I only do that with some people because on the T1i there is a button for shutter and behind that is a button for the ISO and so many people can't figure out which is which... (others also ask why the screen doesn't light up for real view and I say it's a Rebel and i disabled that feature to take like 1,000 more photos than you can with it on :rofl:)

So I guess this one of a proud mom casting a spell of "Magic Milk" at WWHP this past Summer is totally out of the question.

img1283fz.jpg

Last edited:
So I guess this one of a proud mom casting a spell of "Magic Milk" at WWHP this past Summer is totally out of the question.

img1283fz.jpg

dang... blur that face before posting it more publicly just in case...

Oh that's another issue... Post production: When you should and don't need to blur faces... I tend to do it when it's a sensitive subject matter.

I just meant on like standard digital cameras, on DSLR's I can definitely see why someone might be confused. :lol:
oh... you mean "junk-shoot" cameras that have only 2 buttons... Power button and capture button? I can see why tourists get confused with that... esp if the person gets the camera and it was set up wrong and the other guest expects you to know how to put it on the right setting. (it's happened before)

Oh.

Oh.

Flash photography indoors. I will battle against whomever to make this not a thing. It's probably the biggest turnoff, especially in the Forbidden Journey queue. The biggest.

As long as there are cameras there will be....

Isn't the point of Hogwarts castle at IOA a tour? Don't people take pictures on a tour? I would.

It is, but pictures taken with the flash on are crap. The lighting does not mix. And it ruins it for everyone else standing with you.