Possibility of Penny Pinching at UOR? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Possibility of Penny Pinching at UOR?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There are many signs that we are beginning an economic recession. They may be doing the smart thing and reigning things in a little until there's a sign of change in the economy. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they even delay the start of the new park.

Reactions: tankart150
There are many signs that we are beginning an economic recession. They may be doing the smart thing and reigning things in a little until there's a sign of change in the economy. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they even delay the start of the new park.

To be real, I don't think they would slip away of using the tax break to their advantage.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I mean... I guess it could work, but it’d still be a little weird. Would the entire land get a refresh as well?
Whatever takes over the TL amphitheater could also take over the bottom half of TL as well, leaving Popeye and Dudley as Toon Lagoon (ya know, the only decent part).

I think the SLoP concept would be more like Skull Island though, just a mini island squeezed between bigger ones.

Reactions: Magic-Man
It’d be kind of odd going from comics to animation to comics in a short span. SLoP doesn’t really fit within the current theming.
Kong doesn’t fit next to Jurassic Park either.

Besides, Dudley Do Right and Betty Boop originated as cartoons. Popeye is predominately known for his cartoons rather than his comics. That area has always thematically blurry.

Kong doesn’t fit next to Jurassic Park either.

Besides, Dudley Do Right and Betty Boop originated as cartoons. Popeye is predominately known for his cartoons rather than his comics. That area has always thematically blurry.

I’d actually be happier with it in IOA than in Studios. That way, they actually have space, and IOA gets another dark ride.

Reactions: tankart150
I'd take it in either park, but I would truly rather have it in USF, as - presumably - it would help break up the string of 3D attractions at the front of the park.

True, but you also have the possibility of Villain-Con, which would fit a lot better.

It should go into the new park, imo. It’d be a great fit.

4.1% GDP growth means a recession is imminent?

Just seeing the various threads that relate to this topic, I think you guys are kinda overreacting here. It’s possible that we could get a new CityWalk, theme park, two water-parks, multiple hotels, a groundbreaking roller-coaster, two dark rides, a regular roller coaster, and possibly a new land in the current parks, all in a span of six/seven years. And you’re mad because we’re not getting enough? Are you kidding me?

Most parks don’t get this much additions in 50 years, much less six. It doesn’t have to be a competition between Disney and Universal all the time. So, to quote Star-Lord: “Everybody, stay calm! Chill the F out!”

Last edited:
The VB thing is interesting. Sometimes, parks are not a success right away. Maybe it’s not meeting numbers today, but it wouldn’t be the first time that a park was greenlit with unreastic and unattainable goals.

I would argue that VB was all about extending stays, replacing WnW (in turn, opening the door for the sure-to-be-profitable Endless Summer), and being a testing ground for Tapu Tapu for future use in parks/resorts. They might not like that VB isn’t as profitable, but that doesn’t mean it’s a failure or other parks are cutting the budget to help it.

I still stand by my opinion that Universal will seek to add one more “dry” park and one more water park on the Southern land.