Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Possibility of Penny Pinching at UOR?

If Shrek gets a new ride at the new park, this show will close by then at the latest. Until then, it seems to constantly be back-burnered.

It's interesting that Universal is reportedly "aware" of the screens fatigue issue, yet has resisted replacing Shrek, which seems like it would be one of the (relatively) easiest ways to start to correct that issue at the front of the park.

It's interesting that Universal is reportedly "aware" of the screens fatigue issue, yet has resisted replacing Shrek, which seems like it would be one of the (relatively) easiest ways to start to correct that issue at the front of the park.
T2 was in much worse shape, so it went first.

Oddly enough, Shrek's GSATs are still strong. I thunk it will be with us until the new park opens.

*raises hand* I have no idea what you're referring to but I need to know now. Got any links?
Eisner and Katzenberg were in a weird war from the mid nineties through the early 2000s. Most early DreamWorks Animation films were all about making fun of Disney (Shrek films poking fun at Disney princesses being bad for kids,) or trying to steal their thunder (Antz releasing before A Bugs Life for example).

I mean, the reason DreamWorks even exists is kinda like an FU to Eisner.

Here's the first thing that came up from a google search: The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994: Eisner, Katzenberg and Ovitz 20 Years Later | Hollywood Reporter

Strange how things come around. I lived and skied with Paul Scannell at Snowbird in the early eighties. He was the guide that died in the helicopter crash that killed Wells. Weird. I digress.
hadn't thought about that in awhile.

Last edited:
Strange how things come around. I lived and skied with Paul Scannell at Snowbird in the early eighties. He was the guide that died in the helicopter crash that killed Wells. Weird. I digress.
hadn't thought about that in awhile.
I lived down on the bench during those years.

So, enjoy the Woody Woodpecker Coaster for another year, because this will definitely be its last.

That’s a funny way to spell ‘The Ball Factory”!!..?

T2 was in much worse shape, so it went first.

Oddly enough, Shrek's GSATs are still strong. I thunk it will be with us until the new park opens.

I may not go on often, but every time I go by the theater I notice man families eagerly awaiting to get in, they seem happy in the gift shop, and it looks like that shop moves merchandise fairly well.

So is being green showing corporate responsibility or is it penny pinching?

UoR has currently dropped straws and lids it seems from our most recent trip, some places had straws on request. I think I am a bit old school I guess. I do wonder if they will just go paper to bring straws back, toothsome already had paper straws for their shakes.

So is being green showing corporate responsibility or is it penny pinching?

UoR has currently dropped straws and lids it seems from our most recent trip, some places had straws on request. I think I am a bit old school I guess. I do wonder if they will just go paper to bring straws back, toothsome already had paper straws for their shakes.
I doubt it would be that big of a cost cut...but maybe I'm wrong

I think it's more about rolling with the changes, reelin' in the years, stowin' away the tiiiiiiime