Post your Wizarding World Merchandise | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Post your Wizarding World Merchandise

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I imagine that's exactly it, but still, that's way too much money. They're chocolate frogs, not solid gold frogs. C'mon. :doh:

I'm surprised they have pumpkin juice available online. Wish they'd sell bottles of Butterbeer too.

Honeydukes is gradually getting more candy that is in the books, but I wish that they would have been more creative with it.

They got Fizzing Whizbees, which are supposed to be fizzing fruit candies... and they turned up in WW as chocolate flies with poprocks in them. They're delicious, but not very authentic. There is enough chocolate candies already.

They also have Sugar Quills, which I wish they were more creative with. They're described as spun sugar treats that resemble real quills so you can fool professors, but they're just boring lollipops in a quill mold.

Recently I've seen that they just got Blood Pops! I was very excited, but became a bit disappointed. It's a rectangle lollipop that is strawberry flavored. Before WWoHP was ever invented, and they had WB licensed Blood Pops that had a coating around them that made your lips look bloody as you suck on them. These ones are cheap, and boring.

I also noticed they have Ice Mice now... but yet again it's a just a lollipop in the shape of a mouse slapped onto a stick with no creative value at all. Really Universal?

The only thing (other than the popular chocolate frogs and every flavor beans) that I found remotely authentic were the Acid Pops. It's a round lollipop with sour acid like coating around it, making it true to it's name.

I'm still waiting for them to get Jelly Slugs, Droobles Best Blowing Gum, Cockroach Clusters, and Exploding Bon-Bons. I'm expecting them, just as the other candies gradually started showing up in the shops. I just wish they would have been more authentic and creative as some of the other stuff is. The cheap WB licensed candy that was sold in convenience stores was better than what they're selling us. Lollipops with a plastic wrap of what it's called is lame.

They are much cheaper to buy from the website directly ; ) http://www.lochaveninternational.com/store_main.asp?int_category_id=6

Got myself a Gryffindor Sweater at WWOHP. They started selling them last month and will be selling Cardigan versions around now as they were just waiting for them to arrive. They are made by Lochaven who make the ones worn in the films and although they are labelled Wizarding World of Harry Potter they actually have a blue Lochaven of Scotland label hidden inside. Cool to have the same sweater as the characters wear in time for Deathly Hallows 2 coming out. Looks like everyone is wearing them for the final battle scenes.
5710463472_1812810264_m.jpg

Honeydukes is gradually getting more candy that is in the books, but I wish that they would have been more creative with it.

They got Fizzing Whizbees, which are supposed to be fizzing fruit candies... and they turned up in WW as chocolate flies with poprocks in them. They're delicious, but not very authentic. There is enough chocolate candies already.

They also have Sugar Quills, which I wish they were more creative with. They're described as spun sugar treats that resemble real quills so you can fool professors, but they're just boring lollipops in a quill mold.

Recently I've seen that they just got Blood Pops! I was very excited, but became a bit disappointed. It's a rectangle lollipop that is strawberry flavored. Before WWoHP was ever invented, and they had WB licensed Blood Pops that had a coating around them that made your lips look bloody as you suck on them. These ones are cheap, and boring.

I also noticed they have Ice Mice now... but yet again it's a just a lollipop in the shape of a mouse slapped onto a stick with no creative value at all. Really Universal?

The only thing (other than the popular chocolate frogs and every flavor beans) that I found remotely authentic were the Acid Pops. It's a round lollipop with sour acid like coating around it, making it true to it's name.

I'm still waiting for them to get Jelly Slugs, Droobles Best Blowing Gum, Cockroach Clusters, and Exploding Bon-Bons. I'm expecting them, just as the other candies gradually started showing up in the shops. I just wish they would have been more authentic and creative as some of the other stuff is. The cheap WB licensed candy that was sold in convenience stores was better than what they're selling us. Lollipops with a plastic wrap of what it's called is lame.

Chocolate and pop rocks? THAT...is freaking disgusting.

Acid pops FTW! :thumbs: I also saw Dark Mark lollipops online.

Exactly. Even the candy WB licensed actually involved a creative process to be authentic to some extent.

ICE MICE - "Little candy mice frozen in berry-mint-flavor ice cube candies!"

candywarehouse_2165_1552532961

ACID POPS - "Developed in the Hogwarts magical laboratory, these sour Acid Pops are sure to cast a spell on you!"

candywarehouse_2165_1037603357

FIZZING WHIZBEES - "Amazingly loud fizzing candy in an assortment of 3 sherbert flavors: Blue Raspberry, Orange, and Strawberry."

candywarehouse_2165_1621314887

BLOOD POPS - "Mysterious and magical Harry Potter lollipops that turn your tongue blood red! Each pack includes 5 spooky Blood Pops with a fabulous STRAWBERRY flavor."

candywarehouse_2163_1645174510

DROOBLES BEST BLOWING GUM - "Mysterious Droobles cotton candy bubble gum that turns your mouth blue! This soft and fluffy cotton candy looks like regular cotton candy, but as you munch on the fluff it becomes a chewy bubble gum.... MAGIC!"

candywarehouse_2165_1347203677

JELLY SLUGS - "Spooky, slithering slugs.... make a tasty treat!"

candywarehouse_2165_1591485285

COCKROACH CLUSTERS - "Have you ever seen a giant cockroach scurry across the floor? Stomped on the poor creatures as they tried to flee to their dark lair? Now these delectable critters want to lay eggs and nest in your mouth! Dare to eat a sweet tasty “bug” treat from the world of Harry Potter! The juicy gummy underbelly is covered with a crunchy candy shell, just like real cockroach wings. Even the underbelly of these candy creatures looks real."

candywarehouse_2165_1043707457
candywarehouse_2165_1043720079

Source : : http://www.candywarehouse.com/harrypotter.html

Edit: Wrong thread :doh: Seeing as I brought this back up though, thanks for the info everyone!

I hope Universal steps up their merchandising game soon, particularly with the candy. Because those ice mice above are 10 x neater than what's essentially a mouse lollipop.

I hope Universal steps up their merchandising game soon, particularly with the candy. Because those ice mice above are 10 x neater than what's essentially a mouse lollipop.

Honeyduke's is by far the most disappointing line of product to come out of the Wizarding World i my opinion. It's predominantly normal penny candies in candle jars with "Honeydukes" slapped on the label. They can do better than that.

VERY COOL NEWS, IMO! Today I spoke to some store attendants and got word of a limited edition Chocolate Frog coming before the end of the year with a Dumbledore card!! Said it will be specially marked and that it's been in the works for a while and it has been getting pushed back, but that it should be in before the end of this year. I think it will probably coincide with the event going on next month, or Christmas.

Exploding Bon-Bons. Anybody try 'em?

IMG_9371.jpg

I went to Universal earlier and also came across these speaking to store attendants. Exploding Bonbons are pretty good. I had tried the Fizzing Whizbees a few months ago and really liked the chocolate and pop rocks combination, so I gave this a try. I did like them, but I think I like the Fizzing Whizbees better. The Exploding Bonbons are white chocolate and you can taste more of the fruity flavor of the filling (orange and pineapple) whereas in the Fizzing Whizbees you taste the milk chocolate and feel the pop rocks fizz in your mouth. Also, in the Fizzing Whizbees the fizz is more subtle and in the Exploding Bonbons, aptly named, you get a lot of fizz, like an explosion of fizz in your mouth. Here's some pics:

Store display:
IMAG0294.jpg

Back of the box and a bonbon:
IMAG0301.jpg

The Exploding Bonbon itself:
IMAG0299.jpg

IMAG0300.jpg

Last edited:
wait, am i reading this wrong? blood pops in-park or on the site (or both)?
tia

Exactly. Even the candy WB licensed actually involved a creative process to be authentic to some extent.

ICE MICE - "Little candy mice frozen in berry-mint-flavor ice cube candies!"

candywarehouse_2165_1552532961

ACID POPS - "Developed in the Hogwarts magical laboratory, these sour Acid Pops are sure to cast a spell on you!"

candywarehouse_2165_1037603357

FIZZING WHIZBEES - "Amazingly loud fizzing candy in an assortment of 3 sherbert flavors: Blue Raspberry, Orange, and Strawberry."

candywarehouse_2165_1621314887

BLOOD POPS - "Mysterious and magical Harry Potter lollipops that turn your tongue blood red! Each pack includes 5 spooky Blood Pops with a fabulous STRAWBERRY flavor."

candywarehouse_2163_1645174510

DROOBLES BEST BLOWING GUM - "Mysterious Droobles cotton candy bubble gum that turns your mouth blue! This soft and fluffy cotton candy looks like regular cotton candy, but as you munch on the fluff it becomes a chewy bubble gum.... MAGIC!"

candywarehouse_2165_1347203677

JELLY SLUGS - "Spooky, slithering slugs.... make a tasty treat!"

candywarehouse_2165_1591485285

COCKROACH CLUSTERS - "Have you ever seen a giant cockroach scurry across the floor? Stomped on the poor creatures as they tried to flee to their dark lair? Now these delectable critters want to lay eggs and nest in your mouth! Dare to eat a sweet tasty “bug” treat from the world of Harry Potter! The juicy gummy underbelly is covered with a crunchy candy shell, just like real cockroach wings. Even the underbelly of these candy creatures looks real."

candywarehouse_2165_1043707457
candywarehouse_2165_1043720079

Source : : http://www.candywarehouse.com/harrypotter.html

wait, am i reading this wrong? blood pops in-park or on the site (or both)?
tia

Some confection company got WB to license officially named candy under "Harry Potter" names and descriptions years before WWOHP. It was a deal in connection with Jelly Belly being allowed to produce Bertie Botts beginning with the first two movie premieres. I don't believe the candy is even still in production, though, as the firm's contract has most likely expired and most websites selling the original candy have been taken down.

VERY COOL NEWS, IMO! Today I spoke to some store attendants and got word of a limited edition Chocolate Frog coming before the end of the year with a Dumbledore card!! Said it will be specially marked and that it's been in the works for a while and it has been getting pushed back, but that it should be in before the end of this year. I think it will probably coincide with the event going on next month, or Christmas.
That would be cool. I'd rather it just another common card though.

I went to Universal earlier and also came across these speaking to store attendants. Exploding Bonbons are pretty good.
Out of curiosity, how much do they cost, and how many are in the box?

That would be cool. I'd rather it just another common card though.

Out of curiosity, how much do they cost, and how many are in the box?

I know, I wish they would come out with more and more card designs, and keep them on permanently. But, since I already have the other four, I like that it's gonna be specially marked so I know to pick up that one specifically ;D

The box of Exploding Bonbons is $9.95, and it brings 10.

Does anyone know if the WW's "Authentic Ties" are from their own collection or the Noble Collection? The WW's ties cost around $29, whereas the scarves on Noble Collection's website are $35.

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've said much/come on in while BUT I just couldn't bring myself to not show you guys :lol:

I went into Honeydukes for a hot second just to see if they had the Dumbledore chocolate frogs, and they did!! But I did NOT notice the exploding bon-bons. :mad:

Here are some pics:

6hss28.jpg

1239rv7.jpg

I'd also like to point out, it was $5 more than the regular price. $14.99... but worth it. So tired of getting the same cards over and over.

Reactions: Felipe