Post your Wizarding World Merchandise | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Post your Wizarding World Merchandise

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Everything is sooooooooo expenisve, its actually really disgusting. A Light-Up Goblet of Fire for $24.95, have you seen how small that thing is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Almost nothing is $10 or under and a magnet for $7.50 !!!!! They should be like $4.
Also, how much is the frozen butter beer in a regular non reusable cup ??

$3.50 including tax. That was on Monday.

Everything is sooooooooo expensive, its actually really disgusting. A Light-Up Goblet of Fire for $24.95, have you seen how small that thing is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Almost nothing is $10 or under and a magnet for $7.50 !!!!! They should be like $4. :bonk:
How much do you bet that in two years all the prices will decrease drastically .

Also, how much is the frozen butter beer in a regular non reusable cup ??
See, I think some things are over-priced, and some things are normally priced.
Shirts are at a good price (IMO) based on normal retailer prices. Hot Topic sells HP shirts anywhere from $20-25. The ones at the WW are $25-30 on average...
The GoF light-up thing is definitely a rip-off. That's pretty pathetic.
But I found a couple things under $10 that I felt were worth it. I saw a couple mugs for $8-10. The keychains are nice quality and average price for a theme park...there's a wide variety of them. The Quibbler with the glasses is $7. Pepper Imps were $5. A couple things from Zonko's were under $10. You just have to look. Nothing is very cheaply made there, so you are also paying for quality.

See, I think some things are over-priced, and some things are normally priced.
Shirts are at a good price (IMO) based on normal retailer prices. Hot Topic sells HP shirts anywhere from $20-25. The ones at the WW are $25-30 on average...
The GoF light-up thing is definitely a rip-off. That's pretty pathetic.
But I found a couple things under $10 that I felt were worth it. I saw a couple mugs for $8-10. The keychains are nice quality and average price for a theme park...there's a wide variety of them. The Quibbler with the glasses is $7. Pepper Imps were $5. A couple things from Zonko's were under $10. You just have to look. Nothing is very cheaply made there, so you are also paying for quality.

I plan on buying a lot. I'm not going to buy anything that I think is ridiculous, but I do plan on buying some of the cooler, unique merchandise that really makes it feel like you visited the wizarding world. For one thing, my wand is a must have. Then butterbeer and some pumpkin juice, and then all of the other merchandise (at least one house crest/banner)... I'm saving over $100 dollars, that way, I can budget, and see what I really want.

On an unrelated note, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is now on HBO, and my sis is watching. She hasn't finished the books yet, and she asked me if Snape was evil xD. I told her I wouldn't spoil it and now she's is mad rotfl...

I plan on buying a lot. I'm not going to buy anything that I think is ridiculous, but I do plan on buying some of the cooler, unique merchandise that really makes it feel like you visited the wizarding world. For one thing, my wand is a must have. Then butterbeer and some pumpkin juice, and then all of the other merchandise (at least one house crest/banner)... I'm saving over $100 dollars, that way, I can budget, and see what I really want.

On an unrelated note, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is now on HBO, and my sis is watching. She hasn't finished the books yet, and she asked me if Snape was evil xD. I told her I wouldn't spoil it and now she's is mad rotfl...
That's what I did, and trust me, you won't be disappointed with your budgeting. It makes it so much easier to find what you really want, and know how much you have throughout the day.
I want to watch HBP again XD I love that movie...it's my favorite of the books, too...although there are some things about the movie that irk me...like the lack of explaination at the end with Snape. I felt his part in the movie was cheated. What can I say? I'm a huge Snape fan (always felt something was up with him since we found out he was not jinxing Harry's broom.

That's what I did, and trust me, you won't be disappointed with your budgeting. It makes it so much easier to find what you really want, and know how much you have throughout the day.
I want to watch HBP again XD I love that movie...it's my favorite of the books, too...although there are some things about the movie that irk me...like the lack of explaination at the end with Snape. I felt his part in the movie was cheated. What can I say? I'm a huge Snape fan (always felt something was up with him since we found out he was not jinxing Harry's broom.

Considering that DH will be two movies, Snape will surely get his due. ;)

Yes, at last!
A bit more on topic, though---when I was there, I saw those Voldemort dolls and they were seriously creepy.

lol, I thought they were... Odd, to say the least rotfl... What do you think is the coolest product? I think my wand will be cool. I know it doesn't do anything, but the fact that it's MY wand will be enough for me. :)

lol, I thought they were... Odd, to say the least rotfl... What do you think is the coolest product? I think my wand will be cool. I know it doesn't do anything, but the fact that it's MY wand will be enough for me. :)
I don't know what I think is the coolest...hm...Well, I didn't see it there but I've heard of it being for sale: Moody's walking stick! I think that's pretty awesome. Or Lucius' cane/wand. But idk about the original items they are selling. I adore the Pygmy Puffs, but I don't know if they are 'cool' so much as cute.

And one of the birthday wands is made of "elder wood," just so you know. However it is NOT the Elder Wand.

Exactly, the elder is my birthday wand. Not the one Dumbledore has. Sorry if I confused anyone with that. I'll try and see if my friend can get a picture of her ash wand. It's similar to Hermione's.

Quick Question. Yesterday my Dad bought me one of the Hogwarts Robes from Dervish and Bangs so now I've decided to just complete the look. Now I know they sell the house ties but what about the sweaters? Do they sell and Hogwarts sweaters like the ones worn in the movie? I've never actually been looking for them in the store but I don't remember seeing any. Just a hoodie here and there in Filtch's. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about.

mid_hpcardyblu.JPG

Quick Question. Yesterday my Dad bought me one of the Hogwarts Robes from Dervish and Bangs so now I've decided to just complete the look. Now I know they sell the house ties but what about the sweaters? Do they sell and Hogwarts sweaters like the ones worn in the movie? I've never actually been looking for them in the store but I don't remember seeing any. Just a hoodie here and there in Filtch's. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about.

mid_hpcardyblu.JPG

I will check for you if I get in. I guarantee I will remember.

Yeah! There's no way I'm getting a cloak (I'd NEVER be caught wearing that in public, except for Halloween), but I'd LOVE to know if they have Hogwarts sweaters!

-- edit --

^^^^ I have my answer lol

Well thanks everyone! I know they have some sweater but I just want the uniform one from the movies. If they don't have it then I'll just order one online but I don't really want to because they charge so much for shipping.

Just as a side note, The Wizarding World has turned me into such a Harry Potter Geek! A year ago I didn't own anything Potter related except for the movies. Now I have wands, candy, cups, clothing, and a bunch of other smaller things. :p

Last edited:
I only saw Gryffindor, but I'd LOVE a Ravenclaw one.
And same here, Gambit! I mean, I LOVED Harry Potter much before this park opened, but I'd only ever owned the books, movies, a necklace, and a shirt...I knew some people who owned everything! Now I have a couple smaller things and the Gryffindor Quidditch jersey and I feel like such a nerd. But in a good way.

I saw that they now have Voldemort's wand with a light up tip. Does anyone know if they still have his wand without that? I wanted to buy one but I don't need to pay $12 more for something that will be used for display.

I saw that they now have Voldemort's wand with a light up tip. Does anyone know if they still have his wand without that? I wanted to buy one but I don't need to pay $12 more for something that will be used for display.

Yeah, at the Owl Post. It's what? $25.99? The light-up ones are > though. I snatched up all 3 of them when they put them out last night. They are the ones from the Noble Collection though.

I'm such a big Voldy fan though I just had to have it

Yeah, at the Owl Post. It's what? $25.99? The light-up ones are > though. I snatched up all 3 of them when they put them out last night. They are the ones from the Noble Collection though.

I'm such a big Voldy fan though I just had to have it
I don't even want a wand, but I'm such a big fan of Snape I almost bought his...it just looks so cool.

My kids asked that question. I tell them the same thing I tell them whenever they ask a Potter question "read the book, if you read the book, you'd already know". They hate it when I tell them that.