Project 727 | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Project 727

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp there goes any hope of seeing Twister again when I go for HHN. I don't get why they would shutter an attraction in the middle of the summer season, though. Does it really do that much low numbers?

As for the attraction, I don't mind Fallon but I do mind the flying theater pitch. For a company that is so savvy at trying to distract people from Disney, they're building a copycat Soarin? What?!

Isn't that most of comedy? Timing and delivery?
The gags have to be funny too right?

Idk about @Jon84, but I was referring to timing of the cameo and the editing in which it was shown which made it funny. Fallon had little to do with it being funny imo.
Yes exactly, the fact it was in the Gyro at that point made if funny, not him

Welp there goes any hope of seeing Twister again when I go for HHN. I don't get why they would shutter an attraction in the middle of the summer season, though. Does it really do that much low numbers?

My guess is, if it is closing in the next few weeks, it's a maintenance issue that they don't want to pay for so they'll just get started sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Disneyhead
My guess is, if it is closing in the next few weeks, it's a maintenance issue that they don't want to pay for so they'll just get started sooner rather than later.

So no grand closing ceremony with Bill Paxton himself to celebrate the attraction?

I would doubt it. They just shut attractions, big or small, down without ceremony.
If you are in the last group of people to go through there may be something, otherwise no. When Jaws closed the TMs celebrated the final rides.

If you are in the last group of people to go through there may be something, otherwise no. When Jaws closed the TMs celebrated the final rides.

I didn't get that feeling. When Jaws closed. They announced the closing date. We the fans with the TM's celebrated it all that final day. From the chanting to the singing the popular Jaws song as the last boat came in.

I hope they at least announce the last week Twister with something like "To make way for a new exciting attraction Twister...ride it out, will be closing the week of ____"

Timberlake would be quite the coup.
They could easily visit the SNL set.

jt-624-1363028066.jpg

For fans of Twister, don't be sad.
Twister will be an annual event for Florida and will come by several times a year. Due to the random nature of this new attraction you could see a flying cow or something else. Florida's board of tourism is in talk with Bill Paxton to make an apperance but nothing is sattled yet. No park tickets are required.

So, I’ve just caught up with this thread, and at the risk of adding nothing substantive to the conversation other than my personal opinion, let me say this: I don’t like being down on attractions well before they’ve opened (much less been announced), but this has all the makings of a show/ride I can’t imagine ever finding compelling or worth my time. I can take or leave Fallon, I have no attachment - intellectual or emotional - to NBC as a brand and/or their cavalcade of stars, I have no burning desire to fly over the skyscrapers of New York City, and if I want to do a 3D show or ride, I can do Despicable Me or Shrek (read: the two attractions immediately preceding this one geographically in the park, basically a block away), or I can go do T2, or Gringotts, or Transformers, or... you get the picture. What is going to be distinctive about this experience (aside from the subject matter) that sets it apart from what we already get from those other attractions?

I honestly can’t see why anybody would be excited for this, or why the higher-ups are apparently mandating that it happen (outside of the obvious brand synergy component). The bottom line is this: Universal is trading an attraction I did every visit - Twister - for an attraction that I probably won’t do more than once, and I find that really disappointing.

I’m trying to see a silver lining, here! I want to believe something good could come of this, but I just can’t see anything exciting coming from yet another 3D-based attraction built around an IP that doesn’t have any real justification for being in a (primarily movie-inspired) theme park. Somebody talk me off the ledge!

Reactions: RonaldsModernLife
I’m trying to see a silver lining, here! I want to believe something good could come of this, but I just can’t see anything exciting coming from yet another 3D-based attraction built around an IP that doesn’t have any real justification for being in a (primarily movie-inspired) theme park. Somebody talk me off the ledge!

Facade

The bottom line is this: Universal is trading an attraction I did every visit - Twister - for an attraction that I probably won’t do more than once, and I find that really disappointing.

We know the theme of the attraction and we more-or-less know what its ride system will be. No announcement, no concept art, not even a name or storyline, but you've already made a conclusion on this?

Twister is kind of like Universal's Maelstrom. People love it, but not because it's particularly good. They love it because it's goofy and weird and just fun. It's a cult attraction. But at the end of the day, it doesn't drive merch, it's not relevant, and it doesn't appeal to young audiences.

UC is a talented group of people. They know what they're doing, especially when working directly with the party who created the basis of the attraction. They've been hitting home runs every time they're at bat. Have faith and stay strong.

UC is a talented group of people. They know what they're doing, especially when working directly with the party who created the basis of the attraction. They've been hitting home runs every time they're at bat. Have faith and stay strong.

Fast and Furious in USH?!

Fast and Furious in USH?!

Well, in this case, the ball at least hit the bat, as we saw today in terms of the park hitting its capacity because of this one part of the Studio Tour. I'm disappointed in it, but for reasons that don't include the actual ride sequence.

I'm sooo lukewarm about this whole thing... It's kind of something I don't really mention when I describe all the new & exciting Universal projects coming to friends; it's to the point that I mention Garden of Allah before this, lol.

Reactions: Jon84
So, I’ve just caught up with this thread, and at the risk of adding nothing substantive to the conversation other than my personal opinion, let me say this: I don’t like being down on attractions well before they’ve opened (much less been announced), but this has all the makings of a show/ride I can’t imagine ever finding compelling or worth my time. I can take or leave Fallon, I have no attachment - intellectual or emotional - to NBC as a brand and/or their cavalcade of stars, I have no burning desire to fly over the skyscrapers of New York City, and if I want to do a 3D show or ride, I can do Despicable Me or Shrek (read: the two attractions immediately preceding this one geographically in the park, basically a block away), or I can go do T2, or Gringotts, or Transformers, or... you get the picture. What is going to be distinctive about this experience (aside from the subject matter) that sets it apart from what we already get from those other attractions?

I honestly can’t see why anybody would be excited for this, or why the higher-ups are apparently mandating that it happen (outside of the obvious brand synergy component). The bottom line is this: Universal is trading an attraction I did every visit - Twister - for an attraction that I probably won’t do more than once, and I find that really disappointing.

See, I'm exactly opposite. I haven't done Twister in years, and I like Fallon and other NBC IPs like SNL and 30 Rock.

I am very curious about this attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.