Project 727 | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Project 727

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

It is possible that this attraction could tilt to a very severe slope.

60-degree-angle-C.jpg

Reactions: wizwit
Just because it exists doesn't mean people will be flocking to buy it.

Are you saying you don't want a Tonight Show mug? Or a shirt? Or an "Ew" shirt?! I for one cannot wait to get a Tonight Show shirt. I've been waiting my ENTIRE LIFE for a TONIGHT SHOW SHIRT!!

Seriously, I worked very close to where they film The Tonight Show, as well as the NBC Experience Store. I have not seen one person ever wearing anything related to the Tonight Show. Why people think merch is a big draw for this attraction, I don't know. Other NBC content, perhaps, though I don't have a love for any NBC show so that simply doesn't interest me. I also don't know why projects are excused because they "sell merch". I understand that's a big deal for Comcast because they get OUR money, but I'm not so sure why we cheer for attractions/additions that have the sole purpose of making Comcast more money.

Last edited:
Reactions: martymcflyy85
Seriously, I worked very close to where they film The Tonight Show, as well as the NBC Experience Store. I have not seen one person ever wearing anything related to the Tonight Show.

The NBC experience store wouldn't be there unless they were selling stuff... lots and lots of stuff. What people wear in NYC or other Big Cities USA ain't a good example of what someone is wearing in in East BumCluck, MO. And even if they don't wear it, doesn't mean they didn't buy it. :)

Just because it exists doesn't mean people will be flocking to buy it. I do see some potential for NBC shows-related stuff, like from The Office, Parks and Rec, 30 Rock, and especially SNL...if they decide to go that route (which IMO they should have done a while ago).

The merch sales for when the Tonight Show was at UOR last year was NUTS.

[QUOTE I also don't know why projects are excused because they "sell merch". I understand that's a big deal for Comcast because they get OUR money, but I'm not so sure why we cheer for attractions/additions that have the sole purpose of making Comcast more money.[/QUOTE]

At least Universal is adding an attraction to the store.
When I looked lately Disney is only building stores in their parks and no rides opening with that and fans loose their sh!t over it and are estatic.

Look it like this, the area is small and Twister is to break down any minute. Uni could dump a load of money to keep the same old ride going that isn't relevant for years or put that money to a nice new ride that has waiting times for several hours at Epcot.

I just don't get all the Jimmy hate. I love him and the tonight show, and so do most people I know. He's incredibly popular. Universal's spoiled us and brought us such wonderful innovative attractions throughout the years. If this is a C ticket attraction, great! Then you don't have to ride it, and even better is that it eats people up so that the lines are down for other rides. If it's not a major draw for Universal that causes people to beat the door down, then the crowds don't grow exponentially, and the lines stay down which is another win for you. If part of the purpose for this is more merch sales, then great because they get more money to throw back into the park! I echo what plenty of others have said throughout this thread in saying that Universal needs a good C-Ticket attraction. And I don't think this will be unpopular with the general public (who, in the grand scheme of things, they generate most of their revenue from).

Not that there aren't things to be disappointed in, like low capacity and such, but we really can't even judge it until more details come out. It's a small place, and I have faith that Universal will do something worth its while. And even if this tanks, the park won't implode - it will be alright.;)

At least Universal is adding an attraction to the store.
When I looked lately Disney is only building stores in their parks and no rides opening with that and fans loose their sh!t over it and are estatic.

You mean like Hello Kitty? ;)

I'm not saying I have a problem with the Hello Kitty store, not that I'm in love with it, but lets not act like Universal doesn't add stores to the park just for the sake of making money, without creating an attraction or a theme surrounding it.

even better is that it eats people up so that the lines are down for other rides.

Not that there aren't things to be disappointed in, like low capacity

You just said yourself that the ride will be low capacity, that contradicts it being a people eater. Twister is a people eater. You can't even say low capacity=long queue, because Teebin said they might be doing a virtual queue, like a FastPass type thing, so all the people who are waiting to go on this ride will be waiting in line for other rides as they virtually wait for this. That's the opposite of a people eater.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
You can't even say low capacity=long queue, because Teebin said they might be doing a virtual queue, like a FastPass type thing, so all the people who are waiting to go on this ride will be waiting in line for other rides as they virtually wait for this. That's the opposite of a people eater.

Yeah... I was told this but I also stated that they are "toying with the idea". It appears they are keeping the extended standby queue so they might be keeping their options open for a case in which the attraction is overwhelmed. Perhaps a lesson learned from Hogsmeade's first year. It sounds like a wise solution to me.

Reactions: SweeneysGalMegz
You just said yourself that the ride will be low capacity, that contradicts it being a people eater. Twister is a people eater. You can't even say low capacity=long queue, because Teebin said they might be doing a virtual queue, like a FastPass type thing, so all the people who are waiting to go on this ride will be waiting in line for other rides as they virtually wait for this. That's the opposite of a people eater.
Regardless, even if it doesn't take thousands of people an hour, it still takes some people out of the lines for other rides. Every little bit helps. So it's not a massive people eater, but it still adds up. I'm just saying that there are reasons to be happy about this attraction, even if it isn't something you will personally enjoy.

Oh yeah... and something else.

In the movie Mommie Dearest, Joan Crawford and her husband at the time are in their NYC highrise apartment, which is undergoing massive renovation. Joan is bemoaning the fact that there should be a large picture window on a wall that has none because it is a bearing wall. After a few minutes looking at the plans she looks back at the wall and states, "I'll tell you what we're going to do. We are going to tear down that bearing wall!". The husband looks as if he is going to puke.

Last edited:
Yeah... I was told this but I also stated that they are "toying with the idea". It appears they are keeping the extended standby queue so they might be keeping their options open for a case in which the attraction is overwhelmed. Perhaps a lesson learned from Hogsmeade's first year. It sounds like a wise solution to me.

If that is the case, fine, we'll see how it is. I'm also interested to see just how bad the capacity is.

I'm just saying that there are reasons to be happy about this attraction, even if it isn't something you will personally enjoy.

I can't see any reason to be happy about this attraction, unless you're Comcast. The facade could be nice, but I think a giant Jimmy Fallon standing on top of the marquee sorta ruins that aesthetic. But I'm saying this as someone who is far from a Fallon fan, as well as a jaded New Yorker, so keep that in mind:tongue:. I think this has the potential to be the next Rip Ride Rockit. If not worse.

Are you saying you don't want a Tonight Show mug? Or a shirt? Or an "Ew" shirt?! I for one cannot wait to get a Tonight Show shirt. I've been waiting my ENTIRE LIFE for a TONIGHT SHOW SHIRT!!

Seriously, I worked very close to where they film The Tonight Show, as well as the NBC Experience Store. I have not seen one person ever wearing anything related to the Tonight Show. Why people think merch is a big draw for this attraction, I don't know. Other NBC content, perhaps, though I don't have a love for any NBC show so that simply doesn't interest me. I also don't know why projects are excused because they "sell merch". I understand that's a big deal for Comcast because they get OUR money, but I'm not so sure why we cheer for attractions/additions that have the sole purpose of making Comcast more money.
Yeah I'd pass on that useless merch

Yeah I'd pass on that useless merch

Hell, I pass on merch at both parks because I can't stand clap-trap and cheapo collectables. After 8 years of being a local AP holder, the only thing I purchased was one t-shirt at Uni and a button down shirt at AK, and that was only because I was caught off-guard by the cold after dark.

If an NBC store does poorly then it will be changed to something else, and I ain't holding my breath for that to happen.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Oh yeah... and something else.

In the movie Mommie Dearest, Joan Crawford and her husband at the time are in their NYC highrise apartment, which is undergoing massive renovation. Joan is bemoaning the fact that there should be a large picture window on a wall that has none because it is a bearing wall. After a few minutes looking at the plans she looks back at the wall and states, "I'll tell you what we're going to do. We are going to tear down that bearing wall!". The husband looks as if he is going to puke.

Does this mean that UC will be toying with the idea of expanding onto the existing structure in some way? Knocking down walls at no expense??! Or do you just really like the movie Mommie Dearest?

Does this mean that UC will be toying with the idea of expanding onto the existing structure in some way? Knocking down walls at no expense??! Or do you just really like the movie Mommie Dearest?

From what I have been told, a few steel columns and bracing will have to be moved to accommodate the new design. The building is not being enlarged to my knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.