Project 727 | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Project 727

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't mind this idea. It gives me old school attraction vibes where they've used comedians for ride films like Martin Short, Ellen, Whoopi..

While i'm not a fan of this idea, you guys do realize the "Soarin-esque" ride system they mention would likely be nothing like soarin' at all, right? First of all, that system is patented by Disney, but second, there are so many innovative flying systems out there that have a wide range of movement.

That and I have already told you all the basics of the system they will be using.

Reactions: Stitchie
If this rumor does have any merit, I don't think it will be so much inside the mind as it would be inside the head of Jimmy Fallon... Seeing the things that he sees with his thoughts being said out loud, and every time he does a wacky antic like tilting his head or something you would tilt with it. I wouldn't say I'm super excited about it but it could be more entertaining than a Soarin' type ride.

The only good news is that with Celebrity-based attractions, Disney has already set the bar REALLY low: Ellen's Energy Adventure (ok, it's decent), Sounds Dangerous with Drew Carey, and possibly the worst attraction ever made....Superstar Limo

Eh, but then there's also stuff like Timekeeper, Golden Dreams (which I really enjoyed in the short time it was at DCA), Steve Martin's anniversary film at DLR, etc. Sure, they might not age well but I do have good memories of the attractions for the most part while they were there.

Superstar Limo and Sounds Dangerous were just bad attractions, celebrities or not.

The only good news is that with Celebrity-based attractions, Disney has already set the bar REALLY low: Ellen's Energy Adventure (ok, it's decent), Sounds Dangerous with Drew Carey, and possibly the worst attraction ever made....Superstar Limo
At least Superstar Limo had a short run. Energy and Sounds Dangerous were around (and in Eneregy's case, is still around) for a LONG time.

By the same token though, I love O'Canada, which stars and is narrated by Martin Short. And O'Canada is basically a standing 360 film version of Soarin' if we're being honest.

Eh, but then there's also stuff like Timekeeper, Golden Dreams (which I really enjoyed in the short time it was at DCA), Steve Martin's anniversary film at DLR, etc. Sure, they might not age well but I do have good memories of the attractions for the most part while they were there.

Superstar Limo and Sounds Dangerous were just bad attractions, celebrities or not.

Right, but at least if this Fallon attraction isn't very good, at least we can say, it wasn't Superstar Limo bad :p

After listening to the brilliant Episode 41 podcast, I had an idea about this attraction and how it could work.

This would be like Soarin' over Universal meets "A Day in the Park with Fallon". Jimmy Fallon acts as a tour guide and gives a hilarious overview of the attractions and hotels, CityWalk etc.

I think in that regard it could serve a few purposes. It could introduce guests to attractions they might not be aware of, could put a funny spin on attractions people already know about, etc.

They already kind of did this for the opening of Diagon Alley on The Tonight Show.

Thoughts?

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Jimmy Fallon acts as a tour guide and gives a hilarious overview of the attractions and hotels, CityWalk etc.

I think in that regard it could serve a few purposes. It could introduce guests to attractions they might not be aware of, could put a funny spin on attractions people already know about, etc.

It's a bit late having that after people have paid admission, that would be great in CityWalk as advertising.

Why would anyone whos already in the park wanna know about the hotels. It would be too much Comcast Synergy!

This would be like Soarin' over Universal meets "A Day in the Park with Fallon". Jimmy Fallon acts as a tour guide and gives a hilarious overview of the attractions and hotels, CityWalk etc.

Except attractions change. An attraction like that would require constant updating as the park changes and new rides are built/replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.