Project 727 | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Project 727

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they going to do anything to cover up the Rip Ride Rocket track going through the NY street, or will it still be stuck there, completely out of place?

So the update I got today was both Twister and Disaster are closing in November, but if either one has a major problem with the show/ride systems (which both have been known to have problems), it could be moved up sooner.
Could you possibly elaborate on if both those will close on the same day? As that'd be a good question, and counting Beetlejuice into factors; of-course.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
So if there are indeed two theatres coming, do you know what kind of a capacity we are talking? I assume they cannot fit in the 81 seat setup with all ground floor loading that Disney uses.

How does 75 seats per screen sound to you? That is close enough to become 1200 per hour depending on show time and especially load/depart time, Soarin's Achilles . Don't mess with UC when they are on game and have the money...

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Could you possibly elaborate on if both those will close on the same day? As that'd be a good question, and counting Beetlejuice into factors; of-course.
Unknown to me (and probably to them as well). I would guess around the same time, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of them ends up closing sooner because of show issues. I heard the staff members are all cross trained for other areas so they can be redeployed as soon as the closures happen.

Is there only one theatre in the current twister?

How is this possibly a good idea? Capacity will be atrocious.
Especially considering Soarin' runs at 2 theaters and is currently adding a 3rd.

Then again, USF has a lot more E-ticket rides than Epcot does.

Especially considering Soarin' runs at 2 theaters and is currently adding a 3rd.

Then again, USF has a lot more E-ticket rides than Epcot does.
You're right there. This will probably be a fairly minor attraction in the Studio's huge attraction hierarchy, while Soarin is the top of the heap at Epcot.

Reactions: Nick
You're right there. This will probably be a fairly minor attraction in the Studio's huge attraction hierarchy, while Soarin is the top of the heap at Epcot.
Yep, i'd still expect long lines though bc of Name recognition and it's along the main drag after you enter the park.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I've heard that the NBC writers and possibly Tina Fey are involved with this project.

I hope to god the writers from NBC your hearing is the ones who did crap like 30 Rock and Parks and Recs..I just hope to god its those types of writers and not..SNL writers. As much as I loved SNL, I don't appreciate it as much anymore.

And with Tina..not suprising, did you hear if she's going to be apart of the writing team or will she be having a cameo?

What is currently present in the twister building is completely moot and inconsequential. The entire building is going to be gutted to its hollow and massive shell and then rebuilt with two theaters and a partially glamorous (and probably art deco) retrospective queue.

Reminder to some of the newer members here that what I typed above is not a rumor, but a fact.

For me, the remaining mystery is what will be projected onto the two gargantuan screens.

*Whistles* Well, that'll be all fine and dandy. Makes me think theres some more credibility to the Que-less possibility that was mentioned becoming more real like..

Will this attraction be using the Soarin' ride system? I thought I remember reading it was gonna be a Despicable Me type attraction but instead of the individual rows moving it would be the whole theater.

I hope to god the writers from NBC your hearing is the ones who did crap like 30 Rock and Parks and Recs..I just hope to god its those types of writers and not..SNL writers. As much as I loved SNL, I don't appreciate it as much anymore..

Really? Because they shared quite a few of the same writers, especially 30 Rock. Either way, I'm in for any writing from shows of this caliber. Maybe we'll finally get the NBC store some of us have been clamoring for as the exit gift shop.

Oh, I forgot, my source also mentioned survey work taking place in the area behind the queue for Twister. It may be just for auxiliary structures supporting the new attraction, but it could be some sort of expansion to the building. I know they are kind of hemmed in by HRRR and the service roads but who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.