Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 197 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
These next few attractions have actually increased the value of ET, Fivel's Slide, Shrek and T2.

Twister, Disaster and Jaws had no height requirement, were low intensity accesible for families without motion sickness concerns and huge people eaters.
ET is the lowest of existing height requirements and the rest I listed have none.

Fallon is 40 inches and Fast and Furious will likely be 36

As messed up as it is to say, I don't think Universal is interested in the toddler market anymore at all.

Reactions: Joel and Mad Dog
As messed up as it is to say, I don't think Universal is interested in the toddler market anymore at all.
I think you're right. But I don't blame them. Disney kind of owns that demographic and it's pretty tough to make significant inroads into it. And the hassles that demographic creates, stroller jamming walkways, complaints about attractions being too adult, wanting to be catered too, and attractions they demand that Universal's main demographic doesn't want, kind of make it not worth going after. Sometimes you just can't be receptive to every demographic without loosing some of your core free spending, lots of disposable income, lots of free time, demographic.

Funny (to me) all this talk about strollers. On my last trip, we really did not spend a ton of time at the parks, but we were staying at the Hard Rock and I have never seen so many strollers at a UNI hotel...a lot of those double wides.

I didn't hear a lot of English on that last trip either, sad thing is that I could not tell if folks were visiting from Miami or Brazil.

Anyway, I really feel I saw a lot more families when I was up there in Feb. than I have in the past.

I'll be there in a few days... how are softs being handled? Do you sign up through the app or is there an informal line?

As of now, it opens when it opens. Its been opening around mid-day, but as always - we must state it is never a sure thing. They try to not have a line form until right before they are ready to open for the day.

Reactions: Alicia

They are actually very interested in toddler to youth in vareity, hence family suites hotel, Spongebob Store, no height requirement Spinning attraction, Minion Mayhem, Superstar Parade and Hello Kitty all within the last five years.

You have to wonder once Universal switch to more practical rides, if it will inflate reviews.

It doesn't matter, there are groups of people who do not like the Universal ride experience. They complained when USF opened there were no smaller, calmer experiences. When IOA/RRR/Mummy were opening everyone said Universal had too many coasters. Now it's all about "screens". It always changes and morphs to fit "Disney is the best, Universal is subpar" wishes of a few when in fact it is the truth is "Both Disney and Universal are world class".

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't matter, there are groups of people who do not like the Universal ride experience. They complained when USF opened there were no smaller, calmer experiences. When IOA/RRR/Mummy were opening everyone said Universal had too many coasters. Now it's all about "screens". It always changes and morphs to fit "Disney is the best, Universal is subpar" wishes of a few when in fact it is the truth is "Both Disney and Universal are world class".

I just can't get my head around the complete fanboy/girl view on this. What was the opinion when Potter opened?

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
I just can't get my head around the complete fanboy/girl view on this. What was the opinion when Potter opened?

Some Pixie Duster comments I recall from Potter's opening:

1. Disney would have made a better entrance
2. Disney would not have an exposed show building in the overflow queue
3. Disney would have gotten rid of the dragon coaster
4. Disney would have made the walkways wider so more people could get through

My problem is, why do we have to pick sides? Why can't we be theme park fans in general instead of Disney vs. Universal? As has been said before, these are great times to be fans of theme parks so why not just take joy in that?

My problem is, why do we have to pick sides? Why can't we be theme park fans in general instead of Disney vs. Universal? As has been said before, these are great times to be fans of theme parks so why not just take joy in that?
Because Disney is super pretentious and annoying....it's funny when they fall

"It's only a fad" and sour grapes. Hell I was poo-pooing it too which is why I learned and grew up with my critique and found new appreciation for Universal.

Because Disney is super pretentious and annoying....it's funny when they fall

Eh, it's not really that.

Anyway, let's start moving this back on topic. :thumbsup:

I'm in your boat. I'm a fan of it all. There's a difference between constructive criticism and pitchforking.

Disney would have also used a lame ride system so all the "guests of size" could fit on it.

Not to get the thread further off topic but does anyone recall that ridiculous review in which a blogger essentially complained that there were no spells? I forget all the details but much of it came down to a complete lack of regard for the restraints of a real working theme park... It makes me laugh, people love to complain about anything...
Anyway - I was never terribly interested in this attraction but I think the facade for the building is such a drastic improvement to the area. I look forward to riding it once and after that I can appreciate it as the D-Ticket crowd diversion it is meant to be.

Reactions: Mad Dog

I LOVE what Universal did with Potter, Diagon Alley pretty much fixed a lot of issues with the original expansion... But I will never forgive them for the exposed show building, that was just lazy and to this day makes my skin crawl... I don't get how Rowling allowed that.

I LOVE what Universal did with Potter, Diagon Alley pretty much fixed a lot of issues with the original expansion... But I will never forgive them for the exposed show building, that was just lazy and to this day makes my skin crawl... I don't get how Rowling allowed that.

Are we talking about FJ or Gringotts?