Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 198 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I LOVE what Universal did with Potter, Diagon Alley pretty much fixed a lot of issues with the original expansion... But I will never forgive them for the exposed show building, that was just lazy and to this day makes my skin crawl... I don't get how Rowling allowed that.
I will remind people that my avatar on these forums is a picture of one of Disney's many unthemed exposed show buildings. Lol. And I have tons more saved that I've taken around the resort for this very topic.

Reactions: Mad Dog
It doesn't matter, there are groups of people who do not like the Universal ride experience. They complained when USF opened there were no smaller, calmer experiences. When IOA/RRR/Mummy were opening everyone said Universal had too many coasters. Now it's all about "screens". It always changes and morphs to fit "Disney is the best, Universal is subpar" wishes of a few when in fact it is the truth is "Both Disney and Universal are world class".
This :thumbsup:

Reactions: Joel
Are we talking about FJ or Gringotts?

Forbidden Journey. Even in the non-overflow area you can see the show building, so I heard people/had friends complain. It was valid, but the ride put most of that to rest.

Having not been on Fallon yet, I am just happy to have something nice looking in that corner of the park. While I hope going forward ride replacements are both nice looking and more interesting, I get that with Rock-It there and not wanting to go beyond the footprint of the building they were operating under some restrictions. I think of it like the switch from The Timekeeper to Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor in that they were working with a limited amount of space and a poorly attended attraction so they had to put something in that would draw people to the ride.

Not being much of a Fallon fan, I wish they would have just chosen SNL, but I get how Fallon is less threatening and has a more Universal (see what I did there?) appeal.

Grand scheme, this is not a headliner and I will never treat it as such. It will be interesting to see how this holds up in a few year's time.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Joel
Are we talking about FJ or Gringotts?

FJ

I will remind people that my avatar on these forums is a picture of one of Disney's many unthemed exposed show buildings. Lol. And I have tons more saved that I've taken around the resort for this very topic.

Thank goodness I never once stated Disney is not immune to this... however I think the east coast is generally more lax on this. Disneyland is amazing, everything is so compact and well hidden, truly brilliant design work. And regardless if Disney has intrusions (I seem to recall hating being able to see the back of Mainstreet from in MK, mind you they have made it look better over the years) that's no excuse for Universal to do it in what should be there most perfectly themed land ever made.

The funny thing is you picked a building that Disney has since themed. This was when the Main Street Bypass was still being finished in July 2015. The wall painted with brick is the one you have as a blank warehouse building:

Latest-Look-at-the-Main-Street-USA-Bypass-81.jpg

And here's a video of it finished:

But i've gotten us way off topic now so :topic:

I don't know why competing with Colbert for more anti-Trump eyeballs is a smart play. He should be trying to rope in people like me, who don't watch any late night talk shows. Going even more political is certainly not a recipe for getting me to turn in.

And if Fallon becomes partisan, he may make many potential Race Through New York guests happy, but there will be plenty of other potential riders who'll be annoyed by it.

Reactions: DrakeParker
Of course not, but recently.....
What've they done recently? RoL? The upcharge stuff? Sure it's fun to laugh at, but that's not something i'm going to be rooting for them to fail over. The RoL fiasco may have been embarrassing, but some things you can't avoid. It would've been an even bigger embarrassment if they tried to put the show on last April and it wasn't able to make it through a full performance.

I don't know why competing with Colbert for more anti-Trump eyeballs is a smart play. He should be trying to rope in people like me, who don't watch any late night talk shows. Going even more political is certainly not a recipe for getting me to turn in.

And if Fallon becomes partisan, he may make many potential Race Through New York guests happy, but there will be plenty of other potential riders who'll be annoyed by it.
Because he's become way too predictable and vanilla in a society that wants people to stand up and talk about politics.

But you're right, he shouldn't delve more into politics. And not because it's "controvesial" (why would Colbert be doing so well if "controversial" was a bad thing?), but because he's a bad host and bad interviewer. He doesn't know how to adapt to day-to-day topics as well as any of the other late night talk show hosts, including Conan.

The reason he got the job was because he got good ratings from his bits and sketches, not because he does a good monologue or is a good interviewer. He should stick to what he's good at, not pivot to what he's weak at.