Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You do realize that theme parks didn't get inter the "hyper-theming" game until Wizarding World of Harry Potter, right? If you, "live and die" by the theming, then I strongly urge you to never go to one of the best parks in the world, Disneyland. It's a mess theming wise, but all together, it creates something beautiful.
I should have said #sarcasm but I thought it was over the top enough.
I for one am glad we will get a themed building. I hope this trend will expand to the last few "studio buildings".

Are people seriously campaigning for less water in the park? No. No. No. Bodies of water in a theme park are necessary. One of the biggest design flaws of DHS is that Echo Lake is the only body of water it has.

not complaining, just wondering. I never cared for the lagoons, neither love it nor hate it. (I really do not mind that Hollywood studios doesnt have it. in all honesty i do like that getting from ride to ride is much easier without the water in the way. I understand it is pleasing to people.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
not complaining, just wondering. I never cared for the lagoons, neither love it nor hate it. (I really do not mind that Hollywood studios doesnt have it. in all honesty i do like that getting from ride to ride is much easier without the water in the way. I understand it is pleasing to people.
Thank god they have all that space for rides without a lake. Should dig one real quick and then people won't realized it was just empty space before.

I'll second that. I've taken many a quick siesta on one of the park benches in the peaceful park. Theme Parks are so much better when they "keep the park concept" in the plan.

You actually slept in an Orlando theme park???

:smile: Actually, quite a few times. I also have relaxed on the concrete walls in front of the JP Discovery Center.Great beautiful ambiance & scenery.It's a good way to recharge the batteries in the afternoon heat. There's lots of free time in the Universal parks when you have Hotel Express. And that's one of the main reasons I love Universal. I get to do a vacation the way it should be done, namely relax and do things at a leisurely pace. If I tried to do that at the WDW rat (Mouse) race, I'd probably end up being buried in a pile of double wide strollers. :lol:

I fell asleep outside the BJ theater in a bench waiting for Rocky Horror at HHN (yes, fell asleep with all the screaming and the noise and everything lol
I didn't get much sleep the night before though, I had like 3 hours of sleep before meeting friends at the park, I felt asleep in all that chaos

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
Was just talking with my girlfriend about this yesterday, she's a big Jimmy Fallon fan. She's very excited for this, and while I think universal has a stellar track record I'm still cautious about this. Something about a ride based on a talk show sounds weird to me, but we'll see how it turns out!

Also kinda off topic, but as someone who can no longer keep up with theses forums, is there any place that current rumors are rounded up in outside of here? Like Frontpage maybe?

Was just talking with my girlfriend about this yesterday, she's a big Jimmy Fallon fan. She's very excited for this, and while I think universal has a stellar track record I'm still cautious about this. Something about a ride based on a talk show sounds weird to me, but we'll see how it turns out!

Don't think of it as a ride based on a talk show but one hosted by a talk show host.

This is from Orlando Informer's Twitter- construction walls now have covering

CVPFX0NUYAAFGmN.jpg

Jimmy had mentioned during the announcement that the ride is like the Harry Potter rides except it's with him instead of Harry Potter. We all know this attraction will be far different from any of the HP rides but someone who has no idea what the ride system is may think it's going be a Kuka style ride or something. Then again I could be completely wrong.

From the attractions Wikipedia page: "On the October 27, 2015 episode of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Fallon officially announced the attraction, to open in 2017 at Universal Studios Florida, similar to Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey and in 3D."

Reactions: UltimateUOR
Good point. To me this attraction seems more comparable to Shrek 4D or even Dispacble Me ride experience wise. I'm hoping it's incredibly themed like Potter is.

Last edited: