Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

Probably everyone so they have a seat count but they were not using them yesterday. Have a few people there now so I will look for a report from today.

I was thinking that. If you're in a group and you only get one ticket, everybody could get one and if they decide to ride again, they could skip the queue if they had another coloured ticket.

Because he's become way too predictable and vanilla in a society that wants people to stand up and talk about politics.

But you're right, he shouldn't delve more into politics. And not because it's "controvesial" (why would Colbert be doing so well if "controversial" was a bad thing?), but because he's a bad host and bad interviewer. He doesn't know how to adapt to day-to-day topics as well as any of the other late night talk show hosts, including Conan.

The reason he got the job was because he got good ratings from his bits and sketches, not because he does a good monologue or is a good interviewer. He should stick to what he's good at, not pivot to what he's weak at.

Huh, politics is a huge turn off. We're there to be entertained not preached at by folks acting like they know more than they do.

Huh, politics is a huge turn off. We're there to be entertained not preached at by folks acting like they know more than they do.
Which is why Jimmy should stay away from Politics as I said.

Colbert, on the hand, actually knows his stuff and has earned his the right to preach whatever the hell he wants to preach.

What've they done recently? RoL? The upcharge stuff? Sure it's fun to laugh at, but that's not something i'm going to be rooting for them to fail over. The RoL fiasco may have been embarrassing, but some things you can't avoid. It would've been an even bigger embarrassment if they tried to put the show on last April and it wasn't able to make it through a full performance.

Really? Everyone knows they will not fail as a company and will continue to be the highest attended parks in the world..Nobody is rooting for them to fail, it gets a giggle from me when a huge company like Disney trips over their shoe laces..Who wouldn't laugh?

Why are you purposely trying to create an argument?

Really? Everyone knows they will not fail as a company and will continue to be the highest attended parks in the world..Nobody is rooting for them to fail, it gets a giggle from me when a huge company like Disney trips over their shoe laces..Who wouldn't laugh?

Why are you purposely trying to create an argument?
Maybe I misunderstood you, as I was not purposely trying to start an argument.

But you are wrong that Disney cannot fail. Disney is broken into many different companies as you probably know and if something like Avatar under-performs, the consumers will end up paying for it.

You are right that Disney will never actually fail, but there are consequences when a project doesn't meet expectations.

If you watch the old Carson shows, nearly every show had monologue jokes making fun of politicians and their moves. But Carson wasn't adversarial "political" or "preachy". It was obvious his writers wrote the jokes and he just mouthed them. And the audience took it as all in fun. That's probably the best way to handle it. Make fun of all of the politicians. They are all jokes anyway.

If you watch the old Carson shows, nearly every show had monologue jokes making fun of politicians and their moves. But Carson wasn't adversarial "political" or "preachy". It was obvious his writers wrote the jokes and he just mouthed them. And the audience took it as all in fun. That's probably the best way to handle it. Make fun of all of the politicians. They are all jokes anyway.

It's a shame that Trump just can't take a joke. I've been genuinely surprised at how well Bush has came across in his recent interviews.

Whether or not you agree with Bush 43's politics or not, I'll never say a bad thing about him as a person. He comes across very humble and for the most part just as a good person.
I'll second that. I thought he was a below average President. But he always came across as a good guy, had a good sense of humor, and wasn't full of himself like some politicians (Darth Vader Cheyney, for one). He's someone I would like to have a drink with.....and his dad is a fine gentleman. I'm not a Republican but I thought he was a pretty good President, certainly better than the over rated Reagan.

I'll second that. I thought he was a below average President. But he always came across as a good guy, had a good sense of humor, and wasn't full of himself like some politicians (Darth Vader Cheyney, for one). He's someone I would like to have a drink with.....and his dad is a fine gentleman. I'm not a Republican but I thought he was a pretty good President, certainly better than the over rated Reagan.

It's funny you say have a drink with. That's always been my attitude towards famous people and if I tend to like them or not.

Unless you do politics as well as Colbert does. Never makes sense to try to beat an expert at their own game, Jimmy should stick to what he knows

Absolutely agree. Jimmy's bits and nostalgia fodder is what got him to where he is. He provides a very bipartisan, silly experience. The Trump appearance was an absolutely devastating move by a network that just can't seem to learn their lesson that Donald is pure poison despite a ratings boost. Yet, Jimmy isn't going to win the race by chasing the Trump train. We haven't even passed the first 100 days yet... he really should just stick to what he does best and not get caught up in the ratings brouhaha. Especially with this new ride out. Just lay low for right now.

I don't know why competing with Colbert for more anti-Trump eyeballs is a smart play. He should be trying to rope in people like me, who don't watch any late night talk shows. Going even more political is certainly not a recipe for getting me to turn in.

I think because Jimmy's loss was Colbert's gain. So they're trying to do the reverse, go political to get those viewers back and get some of Colbert's at the same time.

I just don't think Jimmy can do the political well unless it's SNL style skits. Like Weekend News.

I don't know why competing with Colbert for more anti-Trump eyeballs is a smart play. He should be trying to rope in people like me, who don't watch any late night talk shows. Going even more political is certainly not a recipe for getting me to turn in.

And if Fallon becomes partisan, he may make many potential Race Through New York guests happy, but there will be plenty of other potential riders who'll be annoyed by it.

Well, he won't lose you with a format change and he's got to do something to try to keep from falling further.

Here's my video from Friday's soft open, including what might be my final Fallon construction update, new merch in the store, a look around the 30 Rock Lobby including all hosts displays, a look around the 30 Rock Lounge, full Ragtime Gals performance and the complete pre-show video. I also got a few seconds inside the theater before turning off the camera so you can get a look at the big screen and the seats. Enjoy!

Probably won't get a blog post up until tomorrow to accompany the video. Been busy with non-theme park things over the weekend.

I'm in your video! I was on your ride vehicle!

@kubersky was on that ride too. Sadly, he was out of your frame.... to your right. I think 3rd or 4th row.

So I had the chance to ride yesterday and they were doing the virtual line with the kiosks (I couldn't seem to access it on the app in the afternoon). Arrived around 2:20 and the earliest return time was 3:30. Returned at about 3:40 and I was off the ride less than 45 minutes later. Not bad since they're only running 1 theater.

Go into this ride with low expectations and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I'll be choosing this over Simpsons and Minions most of the time. The facade and queue are a definite A but the ride is a solid B, especially for a D ticket. Great use of 3D and the CGI was better blended than it comes across on the released on ride footage.