Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

That ride was just amazing. My first trip to Universal Studios was in 2004 (We didn't go to IOA so I didn't get to experience SpiderMan). I was blown away by Back to the Future. At that time I considered it my favorite ride anywhere. It was rough as all heck, but that made it more thrilling. Just something about that film that really immersed you in the BTF story. I like Simpsons, but it doesn't equal BTF.

Funnily enough, my favorite USO rides since I started visiting back in the early 90's have largely been the simulators, starting with Hanna-Barbera when I was a kid and so forth. My current fave on property is Gringotts, so obviously they are doing something right with these simulators/screens.

Funnily enough, my favorite USO rides since I started visiting back in the early 90's have largely been the simulators, starting with Hanna-Barbera when I was a kid and so forth. My current fave on property is Gringotts, so obviously they are doing something right with these simulators/screens.
They definitely do them well, they just need to vary them up with some practical stuff..Going from Gringotts to MIB is a refreshing change of pace...Or from Transformers to Mummy..

Jay Stein, in his book interview, said the Hanna Barbera ride had one of the highest guest satisfactions in the park during the park's early years. It even out performed ET, which had excellent survey results.

Jay Stein, in his book interview, said the Hanna Barbera ride had one of the highest guest satisfactions in the park during the park's early years. It even out performed ET, which had excellent survey results.
Ironically, Twister was my favorite ride when I was a kid....but I was a weird kid haha

For those who got on the waitlist for the Fallon taping, they have started to send out the ticket request confirmations for the Monday show this afternoon, other days may be showing up today or early next week.

The CGI is no doubt beautiful on this ride and possibly the best Universal has done, but the attraction still stinks. It doesn't add anything new to the park at all, and is literally a clone of a ride that sits right next to it. Twister needed to be replaced, but I get the feel that this attraction was the idea of higher ups in Comcast wanting some synergy. I can't imagine this being a big project for the creative team. I like that the attraction actually makes sense with the New York theme, but it's just a mild 3-D simulator and that is the last thing Universal needs. I've been one of the bigger defenders of Universal in the whole SCREENZ debate, but I can't defend them on this. What has me worried is that with this turd and F&F coming next, Universal might be starting a new trend of dropping turds on us when they've been hitting it out of the park lately before this.

I'll try and leave this ride alone, it will probably draw more people than Twister which will help the capacity of the park and I'll likely just avoid this most of the time, just like I did with Twister.

That's just the thing...How many people really do Minions a day? And how many people do every ride in order from the park entrance...

I'm not a huge screen guy, but I forgive them with this one as the soundstage couldn't really fit anything else..Also - it brought a successful integration of a virtual queue...IMO their hands were tied with this one..

Kong and F&F is where I have issues

The CGI is no doubt beautiful on this ride and possibly the best Universal has done, but the attraction still stinks. It doesn't add anything new to the park at all, and is literally a clone of a ride that sits right next to it. Twister needed to be replaced, but I get the feel that this attraction was the idea of higher ups in Comcast wanting some synergy. I can't imagine this being a big project for the creative team. I like that the attraction actually makes sense with the New York theme, but it's just a mild 3-D simulator and that is the last thing Universal needs. I've been one of the bigger defenders of Universal in the whole SCREENZ debate, but I can't defend them on this. What has me worried is that with this turd and F&F coming next, Universal might be starting a new trend of dropping turds on us when they've been hitting it out of the park lately before this.

I'll try and leave this ride alone, it will probably draw more people than Twister which will help the capacity of the park and I'll likely just avoid this most of the time, just like I did with Twister.
I remember an Insider telling me that this concept was sprung on UC by Comcast. Reportedly UC was in a quandry about trying to come up with an attraction concept. If that info is true, UC probably did about as well as they could have considering the constraints of the subject matter, and the realities of that small piece of real estate.

I remember an Insider telling me that this concept was sprung on UC by Comcast. Reportedly UC was in a quandry about trying to come up with an attraction concept. If that info is true, UC probably did about as well as they could have considering the constraints of the subject matter, and the realities of that small piece of real estate.

Didn't Fallon pitch the ride himself?

He said he did a long time before they came back to him. so there was evidently a significant dead time there. The go with it & impetus came from Comcast a few years later......Don't forget, Fallon said the ride was a coaster...I think he just threw out to do a ride on the Tonight Show. That was probably the extent of his idea.

Last edited:
Looks nice!

Personally, It does look..nice, for a sign (which will probably post the return times for those who have gone in); but it's still a sign.

Do people even read?

Mind if I ask, what exactly are you referring about? I can just see this as a way to prominently state the return times of the groups that book for the attraction, either online via the UORApp or on-site.

He said he did a long time before they came back to him. so there was evidently a significant dead time there. The go with it & impetus came from Comcast a few years later......Don't forget, Fallon said the ride was a coaster...I think he just threw out to do a ride on the Tonight Show. That was probably the extent of his idea.

That makes sense. He doesn't seem like the guy who would go in with a scale model.

At least that is the story they are circulating. I mean Jason?

My understanding is there's always been some idea of a comedy based ride in development, prior to Tonight Show it was SNL. Seems like there's been plans for something NYC related in that area of the park. When I first heard of this project before Diagon opened it was "30 Rock", which turned out not to be the show but the exterior. Sounds like they went with Tonight Show based on ratings and Fallon's YouTube appeal.