Revenge of the Mummy (USH) | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
or, or or.

Universal isn't doing Falls Lake either, for now atleast.
___

As far as Mummy is concerned, I am actually wondering if it might stick around longer than I think people would expect. To keep it running until it simply just can't run. I want it to finally hit the chopping block and get it's head cut off--do not get me wrong, but I would argue having something that can envelop both that and the cluster of soundstages next to Mummy and Transformers to suit it.
I have always though that if USH wanted to do another large scale land behind Mummy that the Mummy building itself would have to be removed anyways so people could access any hypothetical new land. But playing around with Google Earth if you include the Mummy show building with soundstages it comes up to 7.97 acres of land. But another question. Further behind the Mummy soundstages there is what appears to be a storage building with a parking deck attached to it. (Correct me if I am wrong) Would that also get removed alongside the soundstages and Mummy for further USH expansion on the lower lot?

Seriously this thread is over ten years old and from basically page one people were speculating that this was either changing or going away and it’s still here.

And that’s not to say nothing could ever happen, or that things haven’t gotten close to happening, but the most persistent rumor in this park for literally over a decade has been “they’re getting rid of The Mummy,” and it hasn’t happened yet.

No idea why that’s the case, but all it tells me is The Mummy can’t die. The Mummy is immortal. This is official canon.

Oh come on the Hollywood version of the Mummy ride can’t be that bad. At least it has cohesive story a backwards section and all.

Honestly, if they'd just fix the finale, I feel like more people would be amenable to it staying a bit longer. I love the ride, even if Orlando's is leagues better, but the strobe light ending and the general "It's over?" confusion people have after kind of sends you out on a perpetually underwhelming note. It's such an "easy" improvement to make compared to, for instance, how deeply the Jurassic finale was redone, and I'm long past the point of having hope it'd ever actually happen, but if it's staying for the foreseeable future, that's the one thing I wish they'd address to breathe a bit of new life into it until it does go away.

Seriously this thread is over ten years old and from basically page one people were speculating that this was either changing or going away and it’s still here.

And that’s not to say nothing could ever happen, or that things haven’t gotten close to happening, but the most persistent rumor in this park for literally over a decade has been “they’re getting rid of The Mummy,” and it hasn’t happened yet.

No idea why that’s the case, but all it tells me is The Mummy can’t die. The Mummy is immortal. This is official canon.
It's just part of the hardcore theme park internet fandom segment fantasy. They're always wishing that an existing attraction be closed down and replaced with an outdoor roller coaster. :lmao:

Honestly, if they'd just fix the finale, I feel like more people would be amenable to it staying a bit longer. I love the ride, even if Orlando's is leagues better, but the strobe light ending and the general "It's over?" confusion people have after kind of sends you out on a perpetually underwhelming note. It's such an "easy" improvement to make compared to, for instance, how deeply the Jurassic finale was redone, and I'm long past the point of having hope it'd ever actually happen, but if it's staying for the foreseeable future, that's the one thing I wish they'd address to breathe a bit of new life into it until it does go away.
Just bring back the old ending. It can’t be that hard, right? Just remaster the footage, put a new projection in there, bada-boom bada-Bing! The fog elements are already present.

Just bring back the old ending. It can’t be that hard, right? Just remaster the footage, put a new projection in there, bada-boom bada-Bing! The fog elements are already present.
The old ending was great!

When I went on it years later with my wife (who was well acquainted with the Orlando ending) and saw the new ending, I had to explain what it SHOULD be.

Why was the old ending taken away?

The old ending was great!

When I went on it years later with my wife (who was well acquainted with the Orlando ending) and saw the new ending, I had to explain what it SHOULD be.

Why was the old ending taken away?
Well I know back in ‘07 it was switched to the current ending to promote it being “scarier than ever”, which came across more of a cost-cutting measure. It just stuck that way ever since

I totally forgot there was a "fire" effect. It's been so long since the ride was in B mode
It's a shame too. I wish they would have just striked a happy medium.
You can still see some of the remnants of the scene. Honestly though these effects have been inactive for so long I doubt they would even work anymore. I feel like with the advancements in technology we have now though (short-throw projectors, SSD drives, etc) they could pull it off now if this ride ever gets a major refurb like Jurassic World but with the Dark Universe being dead before it even took off, doubt that is happening.

I know this won't happen, but my dream would be to get a version of Monsters land in the LL with whatever the main E-ticket is going to be called, and an all new version of the Mummy to be built as an adjacent ancient egypt land of the same level of theming as Singapore.

I know lots of people will be ok with the Mummy leaving but it is one of my all time favorite attractions, despite the lacklustre ending.