Rise of the Resistance - Boarding Passes/Uptimes (DHS) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Rise of the Resistance - Boarding Passes/Uptimes (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
MMRR also doesn't have an elevator and simulator drop tower either. I think Disney wants some big queues for once.
So I asked over on Magic if they plan on using VQ for MMRR or not and this is the answer I got from @Magic Feather and @Marni1971
Originally no, however I have recently heard it tossed around.

I’ve heard it mentioned for all forthcoming major attractions. Must be the current buzzword in TDO Towers.

Not a surprise considering the three major attractions opening/having recently opened (RotR, MMRR, Rat) all have abysmally small queues. If the Hagrid's queue is a marathon, than these queues are a RunDisney Kids Race.

So, not saying it IS happening for future attractions, but it's certainly being talked about. By the time MMRR opens, they'll have learned from Rise, so a VQ system should be more organized and less chaotic if it happens.

Reactions: Mad Dog
So I asked over on Magic if they plan on using VQ for MMRR or not and this is the answer I got from @Magic Feather and @Marni1971

So, not saying it IS happening for future attractions, but it's certainly being talked about. By the time MMRR opens, they'll have learned from Rise, so a VQ system should be more organized and less chaotic if it happens.

what’s the estimate amount of queue time ROTR can hold? I understand MMMR because of the lack of space but with new builds like ROTR and Rat you would expect them to build large queues especially with the popularity of Star Wars.

what’s the estimate amount of queue time ROTR can hold? I understand MMMR because of the lack of space but with new builds like ROTR and Rat you would expect them to build large queues especially with the popularity of Star Wars.
Going by the old rule of 10 mins per room we used over at Jungle Cruise and JAWS back in the day, Rise looks to me to have a little more than an hour queue inside (before first preshow,) and maybe another 20-30 mins available in exterior queue. Similar to Smuggler's Run it would seem. Just a guesstimate though.

Reactions: frank_1991_
Going by the old rule of 10 mins per room we used over at Jungle Cruise and JAWS back in the day, Rise looks to me to have a little more than an hour queue inside (before first preshow,) and maybe another 20-30 mins available in exterior queue. Similar to Smuggler's Run it would seem. Just a guesstimate though.

How would you say that compares to other E tickets?

Thanks. That's a decent amount if the attraction is running at full capacity.
The demand for this ride is well over 90 minutes right now though, either way. By contrast, Flight of passage was built with a queue that can comfortably hold 2.5-3 hours of queue.

These rides were designed for Disneyland, not DHS. Disneyland doesn't need as much queue space because the park already has so many rides.

The demand for this ride is well over 90 minutes right now though, either way. By contrast, Flight of passage was built with a queue that can comfortably hold 2.5-3 hours of queue.

These rides were designed for Disneyland, not DHS. Disneyland doesn't need as much queue space because the park already has so many rides.

Oh for sure it's not enough to handle a star wars attraction. If I were to guess they will probably keep the VQ going forward until demand subsides at some point within the next 6-12 months and then use the VQ during the busy times of the year.

Eh... it varies by ride. Off the top of my head, Spiderman and Transformers run 50/50. Most other large rides run closer to the 80 Express/ 20 Standby Ratio. For smaller attractions, the rule is "Clear Express ASAP" as long as there isn't a long Express queue.
I would need to see actual data to believe that express has enough sales allocated in a day that more or even half of the guests are using express vs regular. The system isn't built for that kind of ratio.

I think it is stupid to waste space on building out extra line capacity that won't be used most of the year when we can manage the lines with VQ on the busiest days.

I would need to see actual data to believe that express has enough sales allocated in a day that more or even half of the guests are using express vs regular. The system isn't built for that kind of ratio.

I think it is stupid to waste space on building out extra line capacity that won't be used most of the year when we can manage the lines with VQ on the busiest days.
exactly

I wonder how today’s open went. They are at Group 70 as of noon.
I’ll be in WDW after Christmas so I’m curious to see if I have a shot a RotR when I’m there. Already rode SR in November, but will definitely hit it up again

I wonder how today’s open went. They are at Group 70 as of noon.
I’ll be in WDW after Christmas so I’m curious to see if I have a shot a RotR when I’m there. Already rode SR in November, but will definitely hit it up again
That means it’s running extremely well. 70 doesn’t normally get called until 3 or 4.

Reactions: Alicia
Today seems be running similar to yesterday, which is very good news. Just in time for the holiday rush.
Do you think it has anything to do with the ops change, or could this just be that yesterday and today are the first day Gold is blocked out?