Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Rise of the Resistance - Boarding Passes/Uptimes (DHS)

My thought though all this discussion is if I really need to be one of the first? The ride will be substantially the same 6 months from now just a hotter wait. I think I am showing my age but Diagon was the last "being in first" that I think I will be doing. Plenty happy to go next year. I waited until Hagrid's was about an hour line and was glad I did, since it is not a problem to get a ride or even two if I want. FoP I waited and was able to rope drop later on so little wait.
All in all I would rather not fight the crowds any more. Guess I'm tired....

Guess I blocked out the whole Kong thing, yeah I got some softs there...
Smart guy. :thumbsup:....I'm in your camp......No hurry, be happy.

Smart guy. :thumbsup:....I'm in your camp......No hurry, be happy.
Either way, the ride delivers and is one of the only rides in the world I’d say is worth the trouble of getting up so early for.

In my few rides (plus time people watching at the attraction exit), I’ve yet to hear anyone come off saying anything negative or “we got up that early for this?!?”. Riders are coming off genuinely satisfied and no one seems to regret getting up so early for it (unless you didn’t get on the ride).

Either way, the ride delivers and is one of the only rides in the world I’d say is worth the trouble of getting up so early for.

In my few rides (plus time people watching at the attraction exit), I’ve yet to hear anyone come off saying anything negative or “we got up that early for this?!?”. Riders are coming off genuinely satisfied and no one seems to regret getting up so early for it (unless you didn’t get on the ride).
Yes. Shows what excellent attractions both RotR and Hagrids are. Riders love both even though they have to jump through hoops to ride them. Amazing to have two such revered attractions open in the same year.

Nice of them to announce it, after they started it.

I’ll be happy when this ride is running well someday and things can be normal again.
On one hand they are cheaping out not opening early as they do in many of the parks. On the other hand they officially extended the park hours to 7am and hopefully keep it that way. I do not think this ride will ever not have massive lines and need the park open more hours until a bunch of expansion happens. It is just too good and too limited in capacity.

On one hand they are cheaping out not opening early as they do in many of the parks. On the other hand they officially extended the park hours to 7am and hopefully keep it that way. I do not think this ride will ever not have massive lines and need the park open more hours until a bunch of expansion happens. It is just too good and too limited in capacity.
It actually has a fairly good capacity if they can ever get it working right. But right now capacity is crap.

It actually has a fairly good capacity if they can ever get it working right. But right now capacity is crap.
The main issue (that I have spotted) is that for RotR to hit THRC, it has to be running like clockwork. The combo of Holding Cell pre-Show -> Load -> Scene 1 (Prisoner Transfer) Should Run in prefect synchronization, where the holding cell is quickly refilled during load, the vehicles are dispatched and switch during scene one. Meanwhile, all four cell/loads have to be timed to function in a slightly staggered manner to maximize capacity while maintaining show standards. A small cascade due to a backup at unload has the potential to bring the entire ride down with it if they are maximizing capacity on the aforementioned tight schedule.
Speaking of cascades, the RV's are programmed with quite a lot of "stalling" narration to cover. My personal favorite includes R5 "refusing to move" leading the narrator to negotiate for compensation.

A ride can max out early on capacity during a "slow" time based on the number of on site hotels alone if it is the top ride. This should be the top ride for a long time.

The main issue (that I have spotted) is that for RotR to hit THRC, it has to be running like clockwork. The combo of Holding Cell pre-Show -> Load -> Scene 1 (Prisoner Transfer) Should Run in prefect synchronization, where the holding cell is quickly refilled during load, the vehicles are dispatched and switch during scene one. Meanwhile, all four cell/loads have to be timed to function in a slightly staggered manner to maximize capacity while maintaining show standards. A small cascade due to a backup at unload has the potential to bring the entire ride down with it if they are maximizing capacity on the aforementioned tight schedule.
Speaking of cascades, the RV's are programmed with quite a lot of "stalling" narration to cover. My personal favorite includes R5 "refusing to move" leading the narrator to negotiate for compensation.
Do you possibly know what hourly capacity is looking like in numbers right now?

A ride can max out early on capacity during a "slow" time based on the number of on site hotels alone if it is the top ride. This should be the top ride for a long time.
Rides hurt when they aren’t running at their full capacity. See: Flight of Passage.

I’ve heard today was a very good day for Rise.
It looked like they were getting through a lot of groups comparatively.

Nice of them to announce it, after they started it.

I’ll be happy when this ride is running well someday and things can be normal again.
My theory is they just announced this publicly now as Gold APs and below are blacked out starting tomorrow. They now have to deal with less locals and more tourists as holiday crowds hit.

Disney seems to finally be admitting FP doesn't work with by not having FP at the start of these new rides and from what i've heard, they have no intention of using FP on any of their new rides through 2021 at launch. Of course FP will come eventually to all of these, but they realize it's an ops nightmare, especially when demand for an attraction is high.

“Universal seems to finally be admitting Express Pass doesn't work with by not having Express Pass at the start of these new rides and from what i've heard, they have no intention of using Express Pass on any of their new rides through 2021 at launch. Of course Express Pass will come eventually to all of these, but they realize it's an ops nightmare, especially when demand for an attraction is high.”

See how crazy it sounds? It’s just what parks do on new rides. It has nothing to do with “Fastpass doesn’t work”.

“Universal seems to finally be admitting Express Pass doesn't work with by not having Express Pass at the start of these new rides and from what i've heard, they have no intention of using Express Pass on any of their new rides through 2021 at launch. Of course Express Pass will come eventually to all of these, but they realize it's an ops nightmare, especially when demand for an attraction is high.”

See how crazy it sounds? It’s just what parks do on new rides. It has nothing to do with “Fastpass doesn’t work”.
Disney has literally never opened a ride w/o FP since it began until SWGE. That’s significant and has nothing to do with Universal.

Disney has literally never opened a ride w/o FP since it began until SWGE. That’s significant and has nothing to do with Universal.

For whatever reason, I didn’t think that. I suppose I never paid attention.

MMRR and then Rat are the next two rides, right? What if those open with FPs?

The modified quote for Express is also pretty true. Express is even more of a PitA, because you can't regulate when people return.

Express at Universal is also a significant low percentage of the ride line during most of the day, whereas Disney generally uses a ratio in the neighborhood of 80% fastpass 20% standby. They're really two, almost totally different, systems. I don't think they can be used for comparisons.

Express at Universal is also a significant low percentage of the ride line during most of the day, whereas Disney generally uses a ratio in the neighborhood of 80% fastpass 20% standby. They're really two, almost totally different, systems. I don't think they can be used for comparisons.
Eh... it varies by ride. Off the top of my head, Spiderman and Transformers run 50/50. Most other large rides run closer to the 80 Express/ 20 Standby Ratio. For smaller attractions, the rule is "Clear Express ASAP" as long as there isn't a long Express queue.

Eh... it varies by ride. Off the top of my head, Spiderman and Transformers run 50/50. Most other large rides run closer to the 80 Express/ 20 Standby Ratio. For smaller attractions, the rule is "Clear Express ASAP" as long as there isn't a long Express queue.
Maybe only when it's real busy seasons . My personal experience on those exact rides are that there's 15 or 20 at most in a Express line that's a 30 to 45 minutes Stand By. Rarely do I see more than a handful of people in any of Universal's Express queues. And, often it's a straight walk through with no one in front of us at all. And I'm there 3 or 4 weeks every year, usually with hotel full express. Kong is really the only ride where there's any kind of express back up. And even when that's real crowded they only give Express the back half of seating (50%) When express line is slow to moderate they only give us the last 3 to 5 rows (about 15-20%)There's just not that many Express people in the parks, not like fastpass where everyone in the park gets 3 or more rides.....Now when they have HHN that may be the ratio for HHN, but that's a hard ticket event.

Last edited: