Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well you followed up with:

If anyone thinks this will be scrapped, please....do some research on WoC. Same thing. All over, people calling for it to be killed, claiming it was killed, and pretty much every negative comment you could make.

No one on here wants it scrapped. The debate is why the delay, and are they re-working more than tech to fix the story. The RIP line was a joke about its current incarnation.

People saw the video, shared their feelings but understood it was not a means to judge outright.

Sorry if I seemed snappy. Wasn't around for a few hours and saw a few threads (Good lord, Avatar) get a little touchy.

No worries, I noticed things went south fairly fast. And my bad for the confusion as I wasn't meaning what Next Big Thing was talking about, but another member. So that made the confusion, when my interpretation of one, nearly mirrored the other.

But I do agree that most want to see it better, it's just a mess currently.

Ahhhh gotcha. Well, let's just say I don't see his posts anymore, so I didn't realize that had been posted lol.

I REALLY need to use that button! lol

Everyone just needs to chill.

Rivers of Light will come on line eventually. It's a bit of an embarrassment for them that they announced that 4/22 opening date and now it's going through a long delay is all anyone is really getting at.

Wow, some people base their own predictions on very little information. One calling it failed and gone forever. All that because A) it is delayed B) a 5 minute clip of what is probably 20% of the actual pieces in place? I wish I had some people's crystal ball. It is far from perfect or good right now. But alas, it is not the complete show with everything in place. It will probably be a lengthy delay, but once it is done I feel it will be pretty good. A lot to be added and incorporated that is not working currently. If anyone thinks this will be scrapped, please....do some research on WoC. Same thing. All over, people calling for it to be killed, claiming it was killed, and pretty much every negative comment you could make. It wasn't ready on time either, and yet.....at least its first run was amazing!!! (missed the new show in november). It's Disney, they burn money like it grows on tree's and can cut corners at time. But a night time show.... they will get it together somehow.
Or they could just throw a large barge in the water with a waterfall screen and call it done ( a la uni). Ok, that's over simplifying Uni's show, but you get my drift.

Since you've clarified that I'm the one who triggered you..

Very little information? I've worked for all three major theme park brands in Orlando and spent decades researching and studying theme park and theatrical design. I have written portions of the best selling guidebooks on the planet nearly everyone uses to plan their trips. I have ghost written for most major blogs. I have been Disney's invited guest at the previews and grand openings of many major attractions, and am featured in their promotional materials (yes that's my smug mug having more fun than people realistically ever do there.) I have literally designed and built some of the crap in the background of people's beloved family photos with a hot glue gun, duct tape, a hope and a prayer.

And I do all this without smacking everyone here upside the head with it and allowing them to express their own opinion.

This is my version of modest. If you don't like it, tough. But I do most certainly know better than you. Sorry bout it.

Since you've clarified that I'm the one who triggered you..

Very little information? I've worked for all three major theme park brands in Orlando and spent decades researching and studying theme park and theatrical design. I have written portions of the best selling guidebooks on the planet nearly everyone uses to plan their trips. I have ghost written for most major blogs. I have been Disney's invited guest at the previews and grand openings of many major attractions, and am featured in their promotional materials (yes that's my smug mug having more fun than people realistically ever do there.) I have literally designed and built some of the crap in the background of people's beloved family photos with a hot glue gun, duct tape, a hope and a prayer.

And I do all this without smacking everyone here upside the head with it and allowing them to express their own opinion.

This is my version of modest. If you don't like it, tough. But I do most certainly know better than you. Sorry bout it.
Was it completely necessary to respond to that? You probably should have just ignored it.

Was it completely necessary to respond to that? You probably should have just ignored it.

Well since it's perfectly acceptable here to talk as much crap about me as one wants with no mod intervention nor public pushback it seems the line needs to be drawn in the sand somewhere.

I mean, I could go all Nikki Minaj and be like "someone tell 'em who the F i iz!" but this was the more civil route.

Reactions: Blue and Fatality
Well since it's perfectly acceptable here to talk as much crap about me as one wants with no mod intervention nor public pushback it seems the line needs to be drawn in the sand somewhere.

I mean, I could go all Nikki Minaj and be like "someone tell 'em who the F i iz!" but this was the more civil route.
:topic: If you want to continue this conversation pm me. :)

No worries, I noticed things went south fairly fast. And my bad for the confusion as I wasn't meaning what Next Big Thing was talking about, but another member. So that made the confusion, when my interpretation of one, nearly mirrored the other.

But I do agree that most want to see it better, it's just a mess currently.

I REALLY need to use that button! lol

We're just reporting what we hear as the reasons for delay. When I suggested some wanted this show to fail I never implied any guests or anyone on this board.

Yes. It is. Because some people on here push people (unfortunately) to get VERY defensive.

I just hate the fact that if you stick up for yourself people try and paint you for crazy or tell you to "calm down" when people on here OFTEN shove you into a corner.

What's the thoughts on the capacity for ROL. Is the seating capacity too small?

This is the part I wonder. They say 3 shows, but I thought the capacity was like 3k and I imagine daily attendance is way higher than 9k. Now some people will have no desire to see it or will have already seen it.

What's the thoughts on the capacity for ROL. Is the seating capacity too small?
Seating capacity is slightly more than 5K. There will be at least 2 shows per night per the Parks Blog. If they will allow watching the show from outside the amphitheater is not clear as most of that area is a main pathway, so people stopping to watch would cause a lot of congestion.

I'm sure they would've loved for more seating capacity, but since they chose benches instead of SRO like WoC, they only had so much room.

Reactions: IzzyB
5k sounds better. I know that was said here before, but I forgot the number. Yeah I imagine on slow nights they only need 2 shows. Hoping the 3 for summer/spring break/holidays holds true though.

5k sounds better. I know that was said here before, but I forgot the number. Yeah I imagine on slow nights they only need 2 shows. Hoping the 3 for summer/spring break/holidays holds true though.
It SOUNDS good, but you have to remember that half of the theatre is going to be taken up by FP+. And then there's dining packages too. Stand-by will be limited capacity.

It SOUNDS good, but you have to remember that half of the theatre is going to be taken up by FP+. And then there's dining packages too. Stand-by will be limited capacity.

Oh yeah I expect that. And I said it sounds better than the 3k I was thinking. Never said it was great :) I realize stand by is going to be a pain. I plan on doing fast pass for this thing when I do go to see it, which will be sometime after Disney figures out their crap and opens this thing :lol:

It should be fine from a capacity perspective. If it's anything like Disneyland just wait for the second (or third) showing and you'll have a much more manageable time walking up to see the show.

That said, this may actually be the first WDW show 'worth' getting a dining package for - or FP+. I largely feel WoC is worth the dining package too.

Today I received a Disney marketing brochure special offer for Sept. through December. The advertisement for Animal Kingdom had no mention of Rivers of Light. It merely said, "Discover sunset safaris, festive parties and nightly awakenings". and it had a large picture of the Tree of Life lit up.....When I had received my previous marketing offer for Spring & Summer, Rivers of Light was prominently advertised....Sounds like they're still unsure when this will be ready.