Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Still, I'm willing to bet the Jungle Book show becomes more "Disney temporary" than temporary
So then RoL is dead :lol:

Honestly though, If they can finally get RoL going, I can see them keeping the Jungle Book show as a pre-show to it, much like Celebrate the magic in front of Wishes.

Reactions: Ryno27
yeah im reserving full judgment until I
1. see it in person
2. see the full show not just a 2 min clip

This is me. It was an incomplete show that isn't' working properly on a video on my computer. Hopefully once they get it fixed it will be better.

On a side note, people on here talked about characters being added and it seemed the rumors were all over the place. I think a lot of it had to do with them creating this fill in show until they can fix the ROL show. Now is ROL dead? I am not willing to say it is or isn't. I lean more to isn't. I think they get it worked out for Christmas time crowds.

Reactions: twebber55
Saying RoL is dead is overblown. It's as dead as the original WoC was before it was chopped and shuffled around.

As I've said before, mark my words, the general plot will remain, lotus fountains will remain, shaman will remain, but characters and drama will be added. That's what we mean. What we eventually see will not be what was pitched and developed up until April.

In addition I know there are several people chomping at the bait to wish this as a failure.

Saying RoL is dead is overblown. It's as dead as the original WoC was before it was chopped and shuffled around.

As I've said before, mark my words, the general plot will remain, lotus fountains will remain, shaman will remain, but characters and drama will be added. That's what we mean. What we eventually see will not be what was pitched and developed up until April.

In addition I know there are several people chomping at the bait to wish this as a failure.
why would anyone wish it to fail is beyond me

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Yeah. When things fail, management becomes more concerned/conservative with investing into the parks and we definitely don't need that.

Unfortunately, 2016 is looking like a Dumpster Fire for WDW.

Dumpster fire as nothing will be successful or dumpster fire as in they can't get their crap together to get things open? Because I think everything opening in 2016 will be a success.

There are some. Never said guests.

So Disney people? But why? Why would you want anything you put out to fail. The only people that should ever want something to fail is your competitors. So Uni and Sea World I could see them wanting this to fail.

Disney needs to do some major cleaning house if their own people want their own projects to fail.

Dumpster fire as nothing will be successful or dumpster fire as in they can't get their crap together to get things open? Because I think everything opening in 2016 will be a success.
As in they can't get their crap together.

Between the new castle show, Soarin' Around the World, Frozen, New Star Wars Fireworks and the DAK stuff, it's actually a pretty impressive year in total for not really expanding much and being what i'd consider a "filler" year. The problem is they wanted a lot of this open in March (RoL & Frozen to be specific).

Reactions: ReelJustice
As in they can't get their crap together.

Between the new castle show, Soarin' Around the World, Frozen, New Star Wars Fireworks and the DAK stuff, it's actually a pretty impressive year in total for not really expanding much and being what i'd consider a "filler" year. The problem is they wanted a lot of this open in March (RoL & Frozen to be specific).

Then I totally agree with you. Their project planning skills have not been the best and they should be ashamed of themselves for this.

Even though they are behind on this show, seeing this preview still gets me excited. The fountains, projections, lasers, etc. Watching just that bit, specifically focusing on the lotus flowers, you can tell how much tech has gone into this show.

Reactions: brianlo and Ryno27
Yeah I agree. Why do people want this to fail? I personally don't want any project at any park to fail. The more things are successful the better it is for us in the end.

With enough failures, management can only cover their butts for so long before they get held accountable and get replaced with people who can handle things and improve the environment of a company. I.E. Carly Fiorina with HP after enough mistakes were made she was kicked out the door deservingly so. Short term yes it is better but Disney needs new bodies not executives who have been there for years who don't really care about making Disney better. Otherwise you end up with Paul Pressler's, Bob Iger's, Tom Stagg's, etc leading the company which has proven not beneficial on the parks side.

With enough failures, management can only cover their butts for so long before they get held accountable and get replaced with people who can handle things and improve the environment of a company. I.E. Carly Fiorina with HP after enough mistakes were made she was kicked out the door deservingly so. Short term yes it is better but Disney needs new bodies not executives who have been there for years who don't really care about making Disney better. Otherwise you end up with Paul Pressler's, Bob Iger's, Tom Stagg's, etc leading the company which has proven not beneficial on the parks side.

But everyone that has been replaced has been replaced with someone who is worse. So we have no clue if the failure change would be good or bad. It could get even worse.

Reactions: Mad Dog
But everyone that has been replaced has been replaced with someone who is worse. So we have no clue if the failure change would be good or bad. It could get even worse.
You're right about that. Just when you thought it couldn't get worse......stuff happens......this is a company that has issues that haven't caught up to them yet.

What they do have is already looking beautiful though. That's not enough for the type of impact they want to have but... I won't mind looking at that while I have dinner at Tiffins.