Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's like 10 different mini shows that go off every half hour. They range from 3 to 8 minutes in length.
I've heard of the multiple types of shows as well. I think each is supposed to be about different animals, but i'm not 100%.

Just reading that there was even a rumor (whether or not it's true, who knows) that one of the Lotus Flowers sunk in the river shows the sad state this show is in.

Not really. Look at all the other crazy rumors that have showed up in the past like FJ running into sets, Gringotts being derailed, etc. It doesn't really mean much, I think some people like to come up with crazy rumors to see if they stick.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Not really. Look at all the other crazy rumors that have showed up in the past like FJ running into sets, Gringotts being derailed, etc. It doesn't really mean much, I think some people like to come up with crazy rumors to see if they stick.

I think it's just a telephone effect and things get exaggerated down the line. The float may have listed or something during testing, and that becomes "It sunk to the bottom of the river"

Reactions: IzzyB
Yeah, i'm not saying I believe that per say, but I do think the show is in rough shape was my point.

I agree. I think it is having major issues. I think they didn't start testing early enough and Disney for some dumb reason didn't realize this new tech would give them issues. I have no clue why they didn't expect it since this is a trackless system on water which water can bring other elements like wind. So I agree this project is a mess, but I don't think the rumor is any indication of how messed up or not it is.

Something interesting is The Magic used the term "cancelled" for the show, which matches up with a term I heard weeks ago. Could be echo chamber, could be confirmation.

In addition I'm intrigued hoe RoL delays play into Staggs leaving. I don't think the show was delayed BECAUSE he left, but the delay might have been a factor for him leaving.

Something interesting is The Magic used the term "cancelled" for the show, which matches up with a term I heard weeks ago. Could be echo chamber, could be confirmation.

In addition I'm intrigued hoe RoL delays play into Staggs leaving. I don't think the show was delayed BECAUSE he left, but the delay might have been a factor for him leaving.
What do you mean by "cancelled"? As in they are scratching the existing show and starting from scratch (aside from floats)?

Imagine having to push Primeval Whirl & Triceratop Spin like they're big time pulls. I feel bad for Marketing, having to pull rabbits out of a magic hat. :lol:

As you said before Marketing is done very well at Disney and that is one area you can't fault them for. They market anything like it is Diamonds :)

Reactions: Mad Dog

They're having Kali and Everest..descripted as new rides.

This sounds oddly like SeaWorld's Summer Nights. They advertise there current rides during the dark as new rides, but I guess it works for SeaWorld because they're only open late during peak season.

Last edited:
This sounds oddly like SeaWorld's Summer Nights. They advertise there current rights during the dark as new rides, but I guess it works for SeaWorld because they're only open late during peak season.

Yep. They do advertise that way too. Since AK was never open late, now Disney figures they can do it. I personally don't mind the wording they used. If you actually take the time to read it you clearly see they are not new rides. But if you rush thru you may think that.

They're having Kali and Everest..descripted as new rides.

They aren't branding them as new attractions, just new "experiences". It's much the same way they are hyping KS at night. It plainly says "New Adventures with Favorite Attractions".

Doesn't make it any less sad, but they aren't trying to claim all of that is new as long as you have any sort of reading comprehension.

Reactions: IzzyB
That preview was extremely short and just the fountains. They did announce the rumored "Jungle Book" interim show starting Memorial Day though. Rivers of Light itself won't be ready.

After looking at that preview again, I'd put money on Rivers of Light being quietly "forgotten about". And then something similar (and better) opening up at Universal's 3rd park whenever it opens. History has a way of repeating itself.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush