Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They aren't branding them as new attractions, just new "experiences". It's much the same way they are hyping KS at night. It plainly says "New Adventures with Favorite Attractions".

Doesn't make it any less sad, but they aren't trying to claim all of that is new as long as you have any sort of reading comprehension.

It's very misleading, and I know that's what comes with PR speak, but it's stretching it really hard. At least KS at night has never been offered.

Preview of Tree of Life Awakens

Preview of Rivers of Light.

The Tree Of Life looks really good. River Of Light... Wow... I expected something bad, but that was worse then I expected. It was really mostly just the lotus flower fountains and the water screen... I see now why they have pushed it back. I don't even think the lantern barges would add much.

Reactions: SeventyOne
The Tree Of Life looks really good. River Of Light... Wow... I expected something bad, but that was worse then I expected. It was really mostly just the lotus flower fountains and the water screen... I see now why they have pushed it back. I don't even think the lantern barges would add much.

I wanted to express it on Twitter, but the fact that the barges weren't even out there raises my eyebrows.

As for the preview..I find it..more tolerable when I watch it more..but the thing I am sincerely worried, and its starting to point more and more true..is the quality.

EDIT: Thanks to Orlando Attractions for releasing this..

I think the Tree of Life show looks pretty darn nice, and it's probably even more impressive in person. So at least that's something.

The Rivers of Light "preview," however, was underwhelming. It doesn't look like a disaster by any means, and obviously there are key pieces not functioning, but clearly it needs some work.

I mean, there is a show there. A pack-them-in-every-night and get people to buy dining packages and support the whole park after dark? No, but a show nonetheless.

Yeah, I think as it's own headliner, it clearly needs a bit more (and again, it sounds like there is more, but it's just not dependably operational yet). However, once Avatar's up and running next year - and is theoretically an evening draw in itself - some of the weight of that responsibility comes off Rivers of Light's shoulders.

It's very misleading, and I know that's what comes with PR speak, but it's stretching it really hard. At least KS at night has never been offered.

KS offers new animals!

Extending the logic and some stupid "it's like a fifth park" comments, you could rewrite that press release for any of Disney's or Universal's parks. It's so basic and fundamental it's insulting.

Reactions: ReelJustice
Yeah, that Jungle Book show is going to be permanent.
I fear this too, but they've spent so much on the show already, the tech/show issues would have to be REALLY bad for them not to follow through.

Of course a clips show which can be changed, much like WoC, would be a lot cheaper and still put butts in seats soooooooo....

As unfair as it is to judge a show based on a youtube video of a clearly incomplete performance--that felt like a Sea World show.

(That's not a compliment.)

I think DAK will run into similar issues that USF/IoA do. The lack of free reign with fireworks will hinder the "wow" factor, especially considering it doesn't look like this show has the scale that World of Color does.

(And even then the new WOC show is bad, so maybe Dis has just lost the mojo with these shows)

Reactions: SeventyOne
I wanted to express it on Twitter, but the fact that the barges weren't even out there raises my eyebrows.

As for the preview..I find it..more tolerable when I watch it more..but the thing I am sincerely worried, and its starting to point more and more true..is the quality.

EDIT: Thanks to Orlando Attractions for releasing this..

I've watched it a few more times, and I agree its a little more tolerable, but still just so underwhelming. There is a lot of potential for it to be great, it just seems like they have squandered it. So disappointing.

But hey, at least the Tree Of Life looks great. The more I watch that video the more excited I am to see it in person.

I've watched it a few more times, and I agree its a little more tolerable, but still just so underwhelming. There is a lot of potential for it to be great, it just seems like they have squandered it. So disappointing.

But hey, at least the Tree Of Life looks great. The more I watch that video the more excited I am to see it in person.
yeah im reserving full judgment until I
1. see it in person
2. see the full show not just a 2 min clip