Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thought it was worth mentioning that DAK hours have been extended from 5pm to 11pm May 27th thru July 2nd.

The fact that July 2nd is when it stops though is interesting as there's been reports that the internal target date for RoL is now July 4th (which sounds like a disaster to me).

Reactions: SeventyOne
Thought it was worth mentioning that DAK hours have been extended from 5pm to 11pm May 27th thru July 2nd.

The fact that July 2nd is when it stops though is interesting as there's been reports that the internal target date for RoL is now July 4th (which sounds like a disaster to me).

That might not be RoL related as the new nighttime events start Memorial Day weekend.

That might not be RoL related as the new nighttime events start Memorial Day weekend.
Oh, I know that the hours extension is for the nighttime stuff/JB Show, but supposedly the internal date they are shooting for is July 4th for RoL, so it's interesting the hours revert after the 2nd.

Spoke to someone "in the know" today and was told that they don;t have a new target date for RoL yet, but by mid to late May they should have a new date set for the debut.

It's WAY too soon to judge...however, with the clip shown I think it looks decent. I'm not a nighttime show person whatsoever, they're on the same level as parades for me. But honestly it's fine, nothing spectacularly amazing or truly terrible, it looks ok. But then again this is two minutes in the middle of the show, I'm sure it'll have a fantastic beginning and a even better finale. I think the middle section in fantasmic (Pocahontas) is truly awful but the rest of the show is good!!! Don't lose hope. Oh and on the jungle book matter, it's annoying and I don't like it but hey, everything has a reason but when the movie is forgotten in a couple months, I think it'll be taken out just like most of the promo crap in WOC

It's WAY too soon to judge...however, with the clip shown I think it looks decent. I'm not a nighttime show person whatsoever, they're on the same level as parades for me. But honestly it's fine, nothing spectacularly amazing or truly terrible, it looks ok. But then again this is two minutes in the middle of the show, I'm sure it'll have a fantastic beginning and a even better finale. I think the middle section in fantasmic (Pocahontas) is truly awful but the rest of the show is good!!! Don't lose hope. Oh and on the jungle book matter, it's annoying and I don't like it but hey, everything has a reason but when the movie is forgotten in a couple months, I think it'll be taken out just like most of the promo crap in WOC
You raise a good point with the Pocahontas part of Fantasmic!.

Reactions: Cole

Eh, draw the lifestyler crowd away from MK/EPCOT/Poly, but still have enough average guests wait a night or two to see because they want to see fireworks. Probably the only Summer night a RoL debut wouldn't be a cluster.

Reactions: Nick
Eh, draw the lifestyler crowd away from MK/EPCOT/Poly, but still have enough average guests wait a night or two to see because they want to see fireworks. Probably the only Summer night a RoL debut wouldn't be a cluster.
You're actually probably right as people have been programmed NOT to go to DAK on July 4th and NYE over the years.

Reactions: SeventyOne
So, has this reported delay opening been announced yet?
No, they didn't mention anything at the Press junket this week. They said an update in May on the Parks Blog and the Jungle Book show will run starting May 27th in the meantime.

Wow, some people base their own predictions on very little information. One calling it failed and gone forever. All that because A) it is delayed B) a 5 minute clip of what is probably 20% of the actual pieces in place? I wish I had some people's crystal ball. It is far from perfect or good right now. But alas, it is not the complete show with everything in place. It will probably be a lengthy delay, but once it is done I feel it will be pretty good. A lot to be added and incorporated that is not working currently. If anyone thinks this will be scrapped, please....do some research on WoC. Same thing. All over, people calling for it to be killed, claiming it was killed, and pretty much every negative comment you could make. It wasn't ready on time either, and yet.....at least its first run was amazing!!! (missed the new show in november). It's Disney, they burn money like it grows on tree's and can cut corners at time. But a night time show.... they will get it together somehow.
Or they could just throw a large barge in the water with a waterfall screen and call it done ( a la uni). Ok, that's over simplifying Uni's show, but you get my drift.

Reactions: Miketheboss
Wow, some people base their own predictions on very little information. One calling it failed and gone forever. All that because A) it is delayed B) a 5 minute clip of what is probably 20% of the actual pieces in place? I wish I had some people's crystal ball. It is far from perfect or good right now. But alas, it is not the complete show with everything in place. It will probably be a lengthy delay, but once it is done I feel it will be pretty good. A lot to be added and incorporated that is not working currently. If anyone thinks this will be scrapped, please....do some research on WoC. Same thing. All over, people calling for it to be killed, claiming it was killed, and pretty much every negative comment you could make. It wasn't ready on time either, and yet.....at least its first run was amazing!!! (missed the new show in november). It's Disney, they burn money like it grows on tree's and can cut corners at time. But a night time show.... they will get it together somehow.
Or they could just throw a large barge in the water with a waterfall screen and call it done ( a la uni). Ok, that's over simplifying Uni's show, but you get my drift.

Yea, someone here will probably leave a laughing emoji under your comment and say your wrong as if they are the show director.

One person. Literally one person said RIP Rivers of Light. Everyone else has said otherwise with different views and opinions.

I basically said that......."one person calling it failed and gone forever". So I think im missing the point.

One person who did in fact say that the RIP post was meant as a joke... Getting upset about something that has already been addressed isn't exactly top form.

One person who did in fact say that the RIP post was meant as a joke... Just saying.
I was referring to the elustrious epcyclopedia "So... "Wet Baskets: The Musical" is a creative flop..

Called it."

I didn't use the words verbatim. But that's basically the jist of that post. Not referring to what the next big thing said.

Reactions: Brian G.
I basically said that......."one person calling it failed and gone forever". So I think im missing the point.

Well you followed up with:

If anyone thinks this will be scrapped, please....do some research on WoC. Same thing. All over, people calling for it to be killed, claiming it was killed, and pretty much every negative comment you could make.

No one on here wants it scrapped. The debate is why the delay, and are they re-working more than tech to fix the story. The RIP line was a joke about its current incarnation.

People saw the video, shared their feelings but understood it was not a means to judge outright.

Sorry if I seemed snappy. Wasn't around for a few hours and saw a few threads (Good lord, Avatar) get a little touchy.

Reactions: Stitch_101
I was referring to the elustrious epcyclopedia "So... "Wet Baskets: The Musical" is a creative flop..

Called it."

I didn't use the words verbatim. But that's basically the jist of that post. Not referring to what the next big thing said.

Ahhhh gotcha. Well, let's just say I don't see his posts anymore, so I didn't realize that had been posted lol.

Reactions: Mad Dog