Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
PR-wise - They've handled this terribly so far.... I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that happened.

I agree they've mishandled the situation up to this point, but I have to believe we'll get a full picture of the situation with their next announcement, and if that means saying the show won't debut until the fall, I think that's what they'll say. They had a lot of people angry about the postponement, and I don't think they'll keep stringing them along. I could always be wrong.

Take it for what it is - and some of you can say I told you so - but Jim Hill says they are adding Jungle Book scenes during the time they are retooling.

Also, as much as i'd like to see this thing in a few days, if the show is a turd on a stick, then i'm glad they are fixing it.

Reactions: Brian G.
Take it for what it is - and some of you can say I told you so - but Jim Hill says they are adding Jungle Book scenes during the time they are retooling.

Also, as much as i'd like to see this thing in a few days, if the show is a turd on a stick, then i'm glad they are fixing it.

Doesn't mean the show was bad (I've heard it was) but could be Disney just doesn't want to have a night time show without characters in it anymore.

I'll make sure nobody does because that's not what this is about.

When we share info, we know there is some very accurate weight behind it. We don't just don't go spittin' off dreck for hits. I just hope people realize that we're not completely in-the-dark with certain Disney rumors. :lol:

When we share info, we know there is some very accurate weight behind it. We don't just don't go spittin' off dreck for hits. I just hope people realize that we're not completely in-the-dark with certain Disney rumors. :lol:

Oh I know you are not in the dark. But I also even know with Uni that there is competing insider info because it depends on the source and the time that the source knew the information. So sometimes we debate which might or might not be true just because of that factor alone. It is not that I don't trust any of your Disney information.

Last edited by a moderator:

I never doubted you had info, I just know that from the testing I saw and knowing it is GPS controlled, there had to be decent tech issues. I doubted characters as Disney highly touted this as completely original (then again they also announced it opening in 4 days).

All that said, Jungle Book is probably the least offensive character addition they could make as it fits in Asia.

Can you imagine... it's dark... and all of a sudden Shere Kahn's face appears as he roars on the water screen and instantly scaring all the children in the audience!:popcorn: I really enjoyed the movie and wouldn't mind any Jungle Book additions to the show, as long as it doesn't become the show's main focus or step on the originality of the show.

Reactions: Ryno27
More like...

Imagine it's dark.. And everything smells like popcorn and you're occasionally blinded by someone's blinking Mickey ears and a camera flash even though the show hasn't started.

Suddenly... Ok, well, slowly.. A small barge with a basket critter ambles out into the pond. The music obviously loops to play again as the little float does its best to get into position.

Finally, it gets into place and lights up to the sound of Shere Khan's roar. The children in the audience are already bored and fidgeting. A water screen springs to life and plays a trailer clip from the film.

Wow, will Avatar even make it next year at this rate? Did they toss so much of their talent at Shanghai literally everything else is falling apart?

Just reading that there was even a rumor (whether or not it's true, who knows) that one of the Lotus Flowers sunk in the river shows the sad state this show is in.

looks like they are having major tech issues and might put in an interim show. im assuming because they want nighttime hours and cant really have it without some type of show and this is where the Jungle book stuff come s in.
pretty ugly right now for the mouse

looks like they are having major tech issues and might put in an interim show. im assuming because they want nighttime hours and cant really have it without some type of show and this is where the Jungle book stuff come s in.
pretty ugly right now for the mouse

Don't they have the Tree of Life show as a stop gap, at least?

Reactions: IzzyB