Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What I don't get is why they ever announced an opening date for this. They had to have known there was issues or potentially going through a rework (as some have suggested). Just seems like one hand didn't know what the other was up to.

Reactions: Mad Dog
What I don't get is why they ever announced an opening date for this. They had to have known there was issues or potentially going through a rework (as some have suggested). Just seems like one hand didn't know what the other was up to.

This is why I think it is tech more than story. Because I think they would open it with a bad story vs. the bad PR of changing the date. I also think Story would have been caught way sooner than this and the date wouldn't have been released. I think something went crazy on the tech side. Maybe they have to change the story to get around the tech issue is more my guess.

This is why I think it is tech more than story. Because I think they would open it with a bad story vs. the bad PR of changing the date. I also think Story would have been caught way sooner than this and the date wouldn't have been released. I think something went crazy on the tech side. Maybe they have to change the story to get around the tech issue is more my guess.

WoC was changed a TON right before opening, story-wise. Don't count out significant show changes because someone wasn't happy with it

WoC was changed a TON right before opening, story-wise. Don't count out significant show changes because someone wasn't happy with it

Exactly. It's easier to plan and note technical issues than last minute votes of no confidence with the show itself. Just as we have no date for Frozen because of technical issues, if there were technical issues for RoL they wouldn't have announced a date a month out.

Ouch. What is interesting is someone mentioned the safari may also have issues and it seems based on this it will be just fine and open in the summer with the other stuff. Not having River of Lights is going to be a huge disappointment to many fans. This sucks. Looks like I won't be seeing this until the fall then. I don't know that I want to deal with summer crowds for this if it opens mid to late summer.

ETA: We need a Thanks for Posting, but not like button. Because I would like to "like" the fact that Bri posted this, however I don't "like" the news lol

Seeing that a boat possibly sunk is eyebrow raising - but I don't think that would make Disney delay a show an extra 3-5 months.

That seems like FUD and not an actual inside info. Plus a barge can "sink" like Gringotts can "derail". Also don't forget the earth barge in Illuminations "sank" too but the show opened on time.

Lots of (perhaps warranted) pessimism in here! Let's see what Disney has to say about this next month before totally writing off the show. If their next update is "Check back in June for more information!" then people can start getting worried.

Lots of (perhaps warranted) pessimism in here! Let's see what Disney has to say about this next month before totally writing off the show. If their next update is "Check back in June for more information!" then people can start getting worried.

PR-wise - They've handled this terribly so far.... I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that happened.