Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The way you twist and contort to blame every department and division other than the one actually responsible for the delay is like watching modern dance.

It seems improvised but your moves are so fluid you've certainly rehearsed this before...

Maybe Disney just shouldnt put the world Light in things. As this is literally taking the Light Magic path but with the few higher ups who remember that disaster putting the brakes on any public showings before the press can get out of hand.
Sure there's all sorts of blame to go around. Not denying that. But marketing has been given much more power than they ever should be allowed to have by the higher ups.

Marketing doesn't set opening dates (if they did it would be open) and theme parks don't design shows. Creative does.
Marketing has pushed incredibly hard on all of DAKs nighttime offerings. Obviously they'd love it to be open. The reality is they (creative) screwed up.

Birdies in marketing accepting the blame or birdies in creative chirping their usual blame-game song?

"Oh if only we had the budget.. Tweet tweet... Oh if only marketing hadn't advertised an opening date we gave them... Tweet tweet... Oh if only my vision was 20/20 beyond the end of my nose.. Tweet tweet."

Birdies in marketing accepting the blame or birdies in creative chirping their usual blame-game song?

"Oh if only we had the budget.. Tweet tweet... Oh if only marketing hadn't advertised an opening date we gave them... Tweet tweet... Oh if only my vision was 20/20 beyond the end of my nose.. Tweet tweet."
I gotta agree with you, all companies have people who bitch and moan about other departments, blame other people.

I really can't believe that a Marketing or Comms department have any say over the timescales of a project.

I've work/worked in project environments in multiple business types, and at no point do Marketing get to do anything till the Project Lead tells them so. The Project Lead will give the go ahead based on information from their technical colleagues, and something in this case has clearly gone wrong either technically, or creatively.

All of the rumours we get wind of have to be taken with a pinch of salt, even if they are from well known sources.

Very curious to see the form this show opens in (with or without Disney characters....I personally hope without), and the types of reviews it receives.

From the same guy who had the Frozen info - Norway Ride & Rivers Of Light (Disappointing Progress Updates) | The DIS Disney Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

2) Rivers of Light (AK):
. . . the show was cancelled from April 22nd due to technical difficulties
. . . three of the C's working on the project think June is a reasonable opening date
. . . again, we will see
. . . no word on soft or hard opening dates

NOTE: The above info is from CM's working on or in the rides, and not an official statement from WDW.

The guy doesn't really say much we don't know about RoL, but figured i'd post it since I posted the other stuff which had more substance to it.

From the same guy who had the Frozen info - Norway Ride & Rivers Of Light (Disappointing Progress Updates) | The DIS Disney Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

2) Rivers of Light (AK):
. . . the show was cancelled from April 22nd due to technical difficulties
. . . three of the C's working on the project think June is a reasonable opening date
. . . again, we will see
. . . no word on soft or hard opening dates

NOTE: The above info is from CM's working on or in the rides, and not an official statement from WDW.

The guy doesn't really say much we don't know about RoL, but figured i'd post it since I posted the other stuff which had more substance to it.

RoL will do a "preview" next week for media.

The storyline rumors seem odd to me since they put that AWFUL Star Wars show out there with no issues what so ever. Looking at pictures there is no way this thing is anywhere near as awful as that Star Wars piece of junk.

Ah, but you're thinking like a normal person here and not like a Disney drone. Disney thinks people will like anything with familiar characters. It would not surprise me if they saw a show without them and hit the panic button.