Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Rivers of Light General Discussion and Photos

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looks like I'll be hanging out around AK every night on my upcoming trip in a few weeks. It will bring back bad memories of standing outside Rip Ride Rockit and longing to ride it :bonk:

Looks like I'll be hanging out around AK every night on my upcoming trip in a few weeks. It will bring back bad memories of standing outside Rip Ride Rockit and longing to ride it :bonk:

Don't bother, nighttime shows don't soft open so quickly. You'll know a day or two beforehand.

So I didn't get to see Jungle Book but I did see the seating area. It seems pretty limited and compact, so I'm guessing they had a World of Color situation and again ended up with less seating than they had planned for. How did operations fare for that show? Was it mostly a FP+ only thing, or was it manageable due to lower attendance?

Reactions: ACSnakes
Part of me feels like they might be doing this show a little different when it comes to it's opening. I feel like it is going to go thru a period of "soft" performances where they won't make any type of public announcement and word will just get out to the locals thru social media. No FP+ or dinner reservations. After a day or two of "soft" performances, Disney will announce FP+ and dinner packages starting a few weeks down the road but will continue to do nightly showings. This show doesn't need any more bad press. If they just pick a date to open it and things go haywire again, I don't know how the public will react. A few weeks of "soft" performances will allow them to fully run thru the show with guests once or twice a night knowing that if things go wrong, it was just a preview. Plus, this might help draw some locals away from HHN for at least one night if they get it going soon. Now that it is in the parks hands, I feel like they will want to get this opened up ASAP to get people into the park so they can justify the later closing hours.

From Magic:

For those of you wanting a real update...

Those who are opening team of RoL and were originally with Jungle Book are starting their training this week overnight. If you're asking why the separate retraining, it's because the Ops CM's will have a role to play in the show itself and therefore, they themselves need rehearsals so that everyone, including the main performers, are synched up together.

As for show premiere dates, for a few weeks now, the techs have been told to possibly prepare for long shifts/6 days of full availability starting mid-October. I don't know if that still stands, but that's where the news is right now.

So we're looking at a Late October/Early November debut essentially.

Reactions: jtsalien
Any news on this?
Supposedly there was an Exec. preview recently that went well. Showings for guests are expected End of October/Early November. Holidays is absolute latest target date.

Rehearsals with performers (which is different from tech rehearsals to make sure the show can actually function) have been going on for a few weeks now.

A few small updates from orlandoparksnews.com :

This sign now has a reference to RoL.
xt7b.jpg
xtRa.jpg

They spotted a boat in the lake.
xt7I.jpg

And it appears that they are making some slight logistical adjustments that are more than likely based on issues with crowd control during Alive with Magic.
xt7w.jpg

Reactions: Joel and twebber55
I'm now hearing from my sources that this isn't expected to open until the 2nd quarter. When is that?

I'm now hearing from my sources that this isn't expected to open until the 2nd quarter. When is that?
That would be next year... which is odd because they are doing nightly dress rehearsals and it's expected to open fairly soon at this point. Everyone in the know that I trust for Disney is saying 3 weeks or less.

Second quarter is January-March. That Destination D event is coming up in a little more than a week. Since it looks to be AK heavy we will hopefully get more info then.
There's expected to be a special showing of RoL then. Or at least one has been planned.

Yeah, I've heard there's a D23 preview of RoL along with some other announcements, one of them possibly BIG and unexpected.

They may even be doing some kind of IAPPA party/preview of RoL.

So rumor has it there was supposed to be a Desination D preview of Rivers of Light, but it got cancelled earlier this week. Makes sense considering there wasn't a single mention of the show at the event.

Well rumor now has it the show won't debut until around Spring break. At this point, I give up with this show. It'll happen when it happens (or won't) at this point.

Reactions: Joel
Not trying to be a Negative Nancy (as opposed to Debbie Downer) but this just doesn't do much for me. The music snippets have sounded really good but I'm not buying in on this just yet. I hope that I'm wrong. This feels more like an enhancement instead of an attraction. I am trying to not form too much of an opinion before seeing it (if it ever opens) but it hasn't really budged the needle for me.