Rogue One - A Star Wars Story | Inside Universal Forums

Rogue One - A Star Wars Story

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
(Not quite sure if theres a thread for this yet..so here we go)

It has been announced that the first official trailer for "Rogue One" will be dropped tomorrow during GMA.

You excited for the official trailer to drop? What are you most concerned with for the upcoming film? Sound off down below..

I've never had a doubt Rogue One will be good. The storyline is almost too simplistic/classic Star Wars to fail. At least I hope.

ok that looks amazing...Disney knocking these trailers out of the park.

I'm ready for the error of comic book movies to be over.

What makes me excited for RO is that it seems like a genuine 'War Film'. And that's something that hasn't really been handled well in the Star Wars Universe; so that alone excites me.

The action is intense, and the snippets of acting was great; especially for actress of Felicity Jones, as for those lines that she had; knocked It out of the park for me.

Can't wait to see a little bit more of this new addition to the universe many know and love.

Reactions: Nick
I'm ready for the error of comic book movies to be over.

Well you'll have to wait a long time. And replacing "Comic book movies every 5 months" with "Star Wars movies every 5 months" isn't much of a change.

Anyway, this trailer is way better than any of the TFA trailers by a long shot. Gareth Edwards bringing the fire like I figured he would. Desplat knocking the score out of the park, and Felicity Jones and Forest Whitaker being awesome, and SPACE SAMURAI.

Gosh I can't wait.

With this and Fantastic Beasts, should be a great end of the year for movies.

I'm slightly worried about FB because WB seems to be a mess right now, but hopefully it's good.

Combined with Dr. Strange, and possibly AC; this could be a great year for the film industry.

Is AC Assassin's Creed? Because there's no way that movie is any good. :lol:

this movie wont do near what TFA did money wise but i actually expect it to be much a better movie

No SW movie will ever do what TFA did money wise, IMO.

this movie wont do near what TFA did money wise but i actually expect it to be much a better movie
I kinda expect it to be better too. I'm excited at a SW movie that's more action based and also takes place outside the Skywalker family.

Is AC Assassin's Creed? Because there's no way that movie is any good. :lol:

They haven't even released a trailer yet, so i'm gonna wait before completely writing it off.

What Next said... You have no way of knowing how good or bad it may be as we don't have any footage to base any opinions on. If anything, AC's directors previous movie, last years visually stunning Macbeth, give me hopes that AC will be at the very least a well done on a technical level.

What Next said... You have no way of knowing how good or bad it may be as we don't have any footage to base any opinions on. If anything, AC's directors previous movie, last years visually stunning Macbeth, give me hopes that AC will be at the very least a well done on a technical level.

AC is just kind of a garbage franchise in general, hence my skeptical nature about it being the first good video game movie.

AC is just kind of a garbage franchise in general, hence my skeptical nature about it being the first good video game movie.

Fair enough. I can't really comment on the quality of the games. I'm a HUGE gamer, but the AC series isn't in my wheel house so I've never played a single one lol.

Fair enough. I can't really comment on the quality of the games. I'm a HUGE gamer, but the AC series isn't in my wheel house so I've never played a single one lol.

The pirate one is good, and the only one I've played for more than a few hours. But the weird time-hop story (which for some reason they're doing in the movie) is supremely dumb, and I'm not exactly sure how it can come close to translating to the big screen

The Last of Us has the potential to steel that title big time. Druckman is having trouble coming up with a script for it.

The Teaser looks great and looking forward to this. My only observation is that I hope K. Kennedy is not trying to go on a feminist rampage with Star Wars not that I have any problem with women in SW, actually they are awesome "You go Leia!!" but I'm just looking at the new trilogy and the main character is Rey... she is awesome too, then BB8 technically is a she in K.K.'s eyes, even though it's referred as a "he" in the movie, plus she introduced a female to the Empire/1st Order with Phasma, were it was always represented by males to describe the cold, dark, empty, and war focused Empire. Woman's image reflects Love, Peace and Life Giving Beings. Now Rogue One another female leading role... once again not a problem with me, I'm just seeing a pattern, and SW is about balance, so I hope she doesn't go crazy on this.... At least the next side story will be about Solo, so that might balance things out, but who knows lol.